Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:55 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

Of what religion/faith group do you belong too?
Christianity 49%  49%  [ 61 ]
Judaism 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Islam 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Hinduism 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Buddhism 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
Taoism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Wiccan/Pagan 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Indigenous 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 41%  41%  [ 51 ]
Total votes : 125
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:09 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: VigilantSoren
Still what is the point of having a pope if he does not speak the word of god. That is like having a president that is voted into power only to destroy the country.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:12 pm  Post subject:   
Who said they made the right choice? Lots of Popes are bad.. look up the Borgia Pope.

Sarah and Joanne are wrong- this stays in here until it's proven.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:25 pm  Post subject:   
Pope Innocent too, as his name might not suggest.

Religion isn't about hierarchies. That's all I have to say.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:39 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
solid wrote:
who's the dick who delated that superior video with that crazy old fat lady?

That dick would be me. I have personally had enough of your crap and will not tolerate it in the least bit. Just try me, filip. Please, try me...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Filip, Strike Two. Once more and you're gone.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:54 am  Post subject:   
Quote:
The bible belt "evil and horrible?" :hhe, maybe a little out of touch, but definitely not evil.

With all the racism, discrimination of homosexuals, "patriotism", fundamentalism, no equalty between men and women, close mindedness and failure to open their eyes and see the world plus all the actions commited by these teachings - yes, I consider the bible belt and all it stands for evil and horrible.

Quote:
It is true that christianity has blood on its hands...a lot for that matter. But you have to realize that every religion has blood on its hands. Not beliefs like Budism but actual religions like Islam, and Jewadism.

I'm the first to agree with you on that. All religion has blood on its hands, and in my mind that makes religion as a whole evil. The reason I talked about christianity is becuase I live in a christian country and if I was religious that would obviously be my religion. But its not becuase I despise it as I despise all religion.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:05 am  Post subject:   
Well i observe much and all.
Don't be mad about what im going to say its just a thought (i believe in a god too)

I think that in the aerly ages people used an god as a excuse to control and kill people.
remember the time of romans, If you would do evil hades would punish your crimes in hell.
and there where many slaughters because of religions. And i think in every sacred writing there is standing: Dont kill eacother because of religion (something in those words) THAT JUST DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT!

once again don't feel attacked or something
:yes thats all

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:45 am  Post subject:   
Flexxx, I see what you mean about the discrimination against homosexuals, but the bible belt by no means has an excess of racism. No equality between men and women? :heh , someones beenr eading one sided sources. Women in the bible belt live the same as women anywhere else.

Also, you say every religion has blood on their hand, well so does every country. Does that make everywhere inherently evil?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:56 am  Post subject:   
XBL: VigilantSoren
Infenyte wrote:
Well i observe much and all.
Don't be mad about what im going to say its just a thought (i believe in a god too)

I think that in the aerly ages people used an god as a excuse to control and kill people.
remember the time of romans, If you would do evil hades would punish your crimes in hell.
and there where many slaughters because of religions. And i think in every sacred writing there is standing: Dont kill eacother because of religion (something in those words) THAT JUST DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT!

once again don't feel attacked or something
:yes thats all

I don't believe that was the case that they used christianity or anyother religion for that matter as an exuse to kill people. It is just what the people believed. Though how wrong it seems now. You have to realize it was a different time. I don't believe it was purposely used just to kill people for the sake of killing people.

And if you want to make a good example. Use the Astecs not Christianity. For the Astecs would have human sacficies. They would build huge perimids designed that when a mans head was cut off at the top, the head would roll down the stairs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:37 pm  Post subject:   
Ive lived in the bible belt, people I know live and study there. My pastor went to collage there. I see no racism, there is no hatred of homosexuals, both men and women have equal treatment. They don't study or veiw other religions, but thats cause its the bible belt, people dont go there to study anything else. I dont see evil in christianity, or any other religion that only trys to help mankind.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:21 pm  Post subject:   
In the land of Israel, not too long ago.
A man sat in his prison cell, watching the moonlight.
They called him the king of Jews, but he had no crown.
All he had were his hope, for the coming of his Lord.
A Lord that isn't there when you are in need,
A lord so full of shit, you will die for his deeds.

Guilty or not, you're full of shit.
Spreading your lies that too many believes.
You are a fake, and I know the truth.
I know your name and your god I do hate.

When the moon fades away, the rise of sawn.
Our self-proclaimed king, he starts to cry.

Guilty, guilty!!!
You will die upon your cross, amongst the other thieves.
Guilty, guilty!!!
You will die upon your cross, amongst the other thieves.

The day has now arrived, and it is time for you to die.
Still blinded by stupidity, believing you are Christ.
Walking down the streets of Jerusalem,
covered in spit, from the people you loved.

Dark Funeral - Godhate (2005)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:25 pm  Post subject:   
You do know tha that is exactely what Christ's message was, he was a king with no crown. And the spit form the people he loved merely shows the blind hate of people such as yourself, and the power of Christ. Yeah... you know before this fredde, I've just seen you as slightly misinformed. But by posting that, you pretty much affirm that you are a complete ignoramus.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:52 pm  Post subject:   
MESS wrote:
You do know tha that is exactely what Christ's message was, he was a king with no crown. And the spit form the people he loved merely shows the blind hate of people such as yourself, and the power of Christ. Yeah... you know before this fredde, I've just seen you as slightly misinformed. But by posting that, you pretty much affirm that you are a complete ignoramus.

Haha chill dude... :P I posted it just to provoke you all. But I do like the song.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:54 pm  Post subject:   
Still, by the fact that you said that the bible belt is a horrible place, it's kinda hard to tell.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:12 pm  Post subject:   
flexx, your arguments are somewhat one-sided; you are looking at religion from only one perspective. It is true that religion has some, maybe many negative aspects, but so does everything else. For instance, consider technology. Technology has created tools and machines that help us in everyday life, it helps us contact people on other parts of the world, etc. Thanks to technology, we have made incredible achievements in areas like science, literature, math, etc.

But technology has many downsides: it has created many dangerous weapons and advanced warfare, fostered consumerism, led to sedentary lifestyles and promoted materialism.

Religion is just like that--while I don't deny that religion has led to many horrible wars in our history, it has also led to great advances in literature and art. taking religion away could solve the problem of fundamentalism but it would also take away the Bible, the Torah, etc. I don't see how it would stop wars, however, since humans will war over anything.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:44 pm  Post subject:   
make me dance wrote:
flexx, your arguments are somewhat one-sided; you are looking at religion from only one perspective. It is true that religion has some, maybe many negative aspects, but so does everything else. For instance, consider technology. Technology has created tools and machines that help us in everyday life, it helps us contact people on other parts of the world, etc. Thanks to technology, we have made incredible achievements in areas like science, literature, math, etc.

But technology has many downsides: it has created many dangerous weapons and advanced warfare, fostered consumerism, led to sedentary lifestyles and promoted materialism.

Religion is just like that--while I don't deny that religion has led to many horrible wars in our history, it has also led to great advances in literature and art. taking religion away could solve the problem of fundamentalism but it would also take away the Bible, the Torah, etc. I don't see how it would stop wars, however, since humans will war over anything.

I hear what you say, and I agree that if you look at all things that's made people kill each other you can't say they are all bad, like technology and politics and countries for example. The difference is, with those examples the good outweighs the bad, there are so many positive things we get from technology for example and we need it in our modern society.

But I've lived my whole life without religion and I fail to see the relevance or point of a religion. And though various religious organizations do a lot of good in the world, it's only becuase they have all these brainwashed people giving them money for something they've been fooled into beliveing.

In the words of the great Karl Marx: "Religion is like opium for the people", and that is so true. During history religion has been used all over the world to make people obey and submit to the will of those with power During the middle ages they made you live your life really poor but they told you you'd get eternal life in heaven so you wouldn't try and revolt or anything. Islam fools its suicide bombers into thinking they will go to paradise when all they do is kill innocents for nothing. Christian american soldiers think the US has "god's mission on earth" and that they are doing his will, when in reality they are just puppets in a game, and the religion is a tool to control them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:19 pm  Post subject:   
Iv'e always seen Christianity and my walk in Chirst not as a religion, but my faith in God. Faith is described as being sure of what os hoped for, certian of which is unseen. I don't live my life by a guideline, or a religion. Its not what you do(religion) that makes you a Christian, its what you believe and have faith in.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:34 am  Post subject:   
Maybe killing is just in our nature. Maybe we weren't supposed to be grouplings but loners.
but one fact is just sure, it will be us who destroy this world. If we contineu to live like this and don't do something about the murders, rapings, thiefery etc etc, someone elsse will... And maybe he will be just as mad as hitler. It happend once you know and it can happen again.
im not talking about god now but about maybe a future leader.

like i say: madness is something people can't live without.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:06 pm  Post subject:   
flexxx wrote:
Christian american soldiers think the US has "god's mission on earth" and that they are doing his will, when in reality they are just puppets in a game, and the religion is a tool to control them.

I don't think any us soldiers joined up because they think they are serving God... they can do that in a seminary. Again, you mention all these terrible things religion has done, but you just brush off the positives. Also, you're assuming there is no God. You have just as much proof that there is no God as I do that there is. You can't look at only the negatives, because if we did that, there wouldn't be any good things. And you mention the "great karl marx," yeah, communists have NEVER oppressed people in the way religion has.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:52 am  Post subject:   
You know all of you will be a lot better off once you realize that responsibility stems from an individual, not an ideology, making it impossible for any ideology to be inherently "evil."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:07 am  Post subject:   
MESS wrote:
Also, you're assuming there is no God. You have just as much proof that there is no God as I do that there is.

Well, no offense really, but your last sentence has no sense at all. Proving the non-existence of something is a paradoxon, think about it! It's impossible. If somebody has to and can prove something is the one who affirms. It's about faith I guess and I respect your and everybody else's faith in God, but it has nothing to do with proof and I highly doubt you could prove that there is God...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:16 pm  Post subject:   
Hah, I see what you are saying about proving something doesn't exist is impossible. However, I really was talking about faith when I said that, what I really meant was that people who say "God is mad eup by people to control other people and such" have just as much empirical evidence behind that fact as I do that there is a God. Of course, that isn't what I base my faith upon.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:47 pm  Post subject:   
I don't have a paticulary strong belief in any religion, of all the beliefs Ive read of budhiasm is probably the one that agrees with me the most. I will say this I dont believe any of the worlds many and varied religions can be labeled inherentley evil but rather at times some of the people involved in them have been misguided or in some cases greedy and selfish.

The real problem for me is human beings fixation with banding into groups, religious groups, national groups, ethnic groups, political groups right down to "neighbourhood" gangs. Theres almost always some excuse found to cause enmity between these groups. Wether it be a desire to "liberate", enforce our own beleifs or just a desire to control our neighbours resources. Id much sooner see a world state were individuals took responsibilty for there own actions.

I recognize much good has been done in the name of various religions around the world but there has also been a great deal of disrcimination and persacution carried out in the same vein. I cant but help but wonder if we shouldnt all call ourselves mankind and do away with our "group" like distinctions.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:23 am  Post subject:   
ag3nt109 wins.

Except at the end of your last paragraph. As long as we are tolerant, being of a different group can be a great thing. It helps you meet people you have a common bond with, and also meet people who you don't, and learn about their beliefs, and appreciate their beliefs for what they are worth. I mean, I have jewish and muslim friends, and we're not blowing the shit up of each other, being moved into each others land forcibly, and I'm not going on an illegitimate crusade to kill them, :heh we get along fine, while still appreciating each other's differences.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:30 am  Post subject:   
Well, I don't really know what I am...i was Baptised in second grade, But in 6th grade I started looking into Wicca. However, now, as a high school freshman, I'm not really sure of what I believe...I still have Catholic roots, and still really believe in all the deities of Paganism....but I'm kind of even questioning those....

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 5 of 14 [ 330 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14