Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:56 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:27 pm  Post subject: Finally, Viggo's voice  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Hear Viggo's voice and understand why we hate him, lol:

Go to the IGN Media page located HERE and download the movie entitled "How do you spell Super Uber"

That movie has a great example of some of the sayings for Viggo, and just listen to his voice. Hopefully you will understand why we just don't get what his character is and why we want to bash him, :lol.

BTW, new IGN Uber article here:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/452/452336p1.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:17 am  Post subject:   
I saw that a long time ago...If u want a real treat, go to the gamecube sections and watch the movies. The newest ones show how to get from one event to another, and it looks like there arent loading times!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:59 am  Post subject:   

Last edited by Ettepet on Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:51 am  Post subject:   
well, honestly, its not that late for playtesting at all. sept 7th and the game is due on the 20th, originally the 16th.

it all depends on what they're trying to find or iron out...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:43 am  Post subject:   

Last edited by Ettepet on Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:48 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Well, most GOOD companies test the games for bugs and what not as late as a couple of days before the game hits stores!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:55 pm  Post subject:   

Last edited by Ettepet on Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:25 pm  Post subject:   
Surprise Celebrity Panelist
Umm...I'm going to do something crazy and get back on topic. How does that sound?

Viggo's voice is even worse than I remember it. :dead It's not the actor; it's the tone, inflection and accent, or lack thereof. Oh, and the crappy phrases. Imagine if they got a Britney Spears type to do the voice of Zoe? It doesn't fit. It almost seems like the different departments of almost EA had miscommunication on this guy. And I'm not saying you have to be European and have an accent. I'm 100% born in Poland Polish. I have no accent, but I don't dress in tight marroon pants. Not having an accent, Viggo would have to learn English before the age of nine. That's a stat. That's too young to establish a "European identity." So the clothes come with the voice. You arn't going to get that fashon sense and that look from American ideals anywhere. Unless he's having some sort of reverse identity crisis. Not to mention, if Viggo is so confident and popular, why is his stance a bit shriveled and introverted? Oh Viggo, your so backwords.

(I knew Brodi had a bastard child with a one night stand and once people found out, he couldn't hold up being a "clean person." May it be Seeiah or Marisol, it works either way. :heh)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:32 pm  Post subject:   
Krispy24 wrote:
Umm...I'm going to do something crazy and get back on topic. How does that sound?

Sounds fine with me. :)

Last edited by Ettepet on Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:48 pm  Post subject:   
viggos very sick, disturbing, and more... :wtf :(

Last edited by Devil on Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:08 pm  Post subject:   
In the video Gondee suggested, Viggo's phrases were a bit corny, but not completely implausible. Guess I'll have to listen to more of his phrases in the game before I can make a better judgment about Viggo's "speech writers."

As for the accent, or lack there of, you're definitely right about that. My biggest nitpick about this, aside from the contradiction to his heritage, is that SSX 3 needs a little more international linguistic flavor. I'm not saying all the characters have to speak non-English languages, of course, but it would have been nice to have had a mix similar to SSX Tricky's and SSX's. In SSX we had Hiro, Kaori, Jurgen, Moby, and J.P. In Tricky there was Marisol, J.P., Moby, and Kaori. In SSX 3, there's only Kaori and Moby (the secret characters haven't been confirmed to have their own voices, so I can't rule out that possibility). True, Elise and Psymon are Canadian, and that's certainly great. However, their English is indistinguishable from American English. It would have been nice to have added Viggo's Swedish to the mix.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:58 am  Post subject:   
I see I have to apologise here. I mixed up Griff and Viggo for some reason, having been not all too interested in neither. (Griff looks like a real bratt in the final trailer)

I agree that "this man from the woods" (Viggo) is kind of shallow, and maybe annoyingly so in the longer run.

Sorry for messing up this topic.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:00 am  Post subject:   
I wouldn't mind Viggo if it said he was a well-off white boy from California whose never worked a day in his life. But the way he looks, dresses, and his body language all says "Euro-Trash". Plus, his sayings are completely crap. I hadn't heard Viggo for two months since I watched that vid, and I still found myself uttering "STFU" in disgust. He's not a character who's fun to hate like Luther or JP, you just hate him because he's so lame, and that's why none of us liked him. That dislike was pretty instant and impossible to fake, to be honest.

It could be that people who don't follow the game as closely as we all do may like Viggo because they won't give a rat's ass about the details and his backstory, who knows? But all I know is that my reaction to Viggo goes way beyond the usual "meh" to "meh-xtreme", so I think we won't be the only people who hate him.

Quote:
I knew Brodi had a bastard child with a one night stand and once people found out, he couldn't hold up being a "clean person." May it be Seeiah or Marisol, it works either way

I hope to God for Brodi's sake it was Marisol. Brodi would be curled up in the darkest corner of some insane asylum in Thailand in a straightjacket frothing at the mouth if he had besotted himself with...*shudder* Seeiah. :dead :eek :eek

Quote:
I have no accent, but I don't dress in tight marroon pants.

Having met Krispy, that brings a mental image to mind that had me LMFAO! :lol :lol :lol :lol !!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:13 am  Post subject:   
Even without getting into specifics about his accent or heritage he bugs the shit outta me. He looks like a ski bunny and sounds even worse. Though i'm only basing this on the vids, I guess we shall see.

Can the U.S. and Netherlands play in online? If so...I look forward to spanking ettapet with Griff. :china (As someone said, we REALLY need an eviil grin emoticon!)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:43 am  Post subject:   
vegeta420 wrote:
Can the U.S. and Netherlands play in online? If so...I look forward to spanking ettapet with Griff. :china (As someone said, we REALLY need an eviil grin emoticon!)

Unfortunately: no. Otherwise I would have gladly taken you up on that challenge. And, to spank you need to be behind, and close enough to actually see this particular body part. I think you'll manage the first part allright.. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:49 am  Post subject:   
Quote:
(As someone said, we REALLY need an eviil grin emoticon!)

Heheh, sure thing. I'll find one I like and add it this weekend. I also realized we don't have a really good ;) or ;P icon. That simply will not do! :no (wait, we don't have that one either, heheh.)

I'm also going to add a [center] command to the board so that we can all center our signatures. That bugs me, lol.

Is there any other things you guys want but that we don't have? I fixed the "guest" postings problem by requiring people to always have a name to post.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:04 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: tk9077
PSN: tk102
I don't have to listen to Viggo's voice to hate him. :) Is he really that bad? EA should have taken him out of the game but maybe it was too late. Hopefully, they took the extra week to fix Viggo's character up alot. Time will tell or time better tell!

We also need an emoticon of a guy shaking his fist at us. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:10 am  Post subject:   
Quote:
And, to spank you need to be behind

I guess I spend most of my time Above so our styles don't make us that well matched. :china That is too bad about us not being able to play together though :frusty maybe after the next technological revolution :yes

Quote:
Is there any other things you guys want but that we don't have?

Is their a "view my posted messages" option :??? No biggie if it's a pain in the arse but that's kinda handy from time to time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:09 am  Post subject:   
vegeta420 wrote:
I guess I spend most of my time Above so our styles don't make us that well matched.

:lol :lol :lol ..that's a skying technique I never heard about before, unless you're talking about being higher up the mountain! :D

Quote:
Is their a "view my posted messages" option :??? No biggie if it's a pain in the arse but that's kinda handy from time to time.

You mean like the one at "Profile", below your own posts? :??? ----> For you this is: Find all posts by vegeta420

b.t.w., for these kinds of request there is now a "Sticky": Message Board Requests. :china

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:36 pm  Post subject:   
You can also just run a search on your own name under the search command. It's pretty easy.

I will find good copies of those emoticons tonight and upload them over the weekend. Thanks for the suggestions. :china

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ]