Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:42 pm  Post subject: Glitch on Mercury City Meltdown  
So I was racing normally on MCM and got thrashed by Luther who finished about a minute earlier than me. He finished in 4:02, which is very good for a computer. I watched the replay and noticed that the computer had used a wormhole! I'm not even sure if the glitch the computer used has been discovered before.
Since I can't explain the location, check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70-v2XW-9AI
Skip to 2:36, and its at that rail. The Computer slowly went across the rail took an instant left and went through the building.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Glitch on Mercury City Meltdown  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
That's a regular shortcut, not a wormhole. There's also the UFO warp on other parts of the track, in case you run into that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Glitch on Mercury City Meltdown  
gondee wrote:
That's a regular shortcut, not a wormhole. There's also the UFO warp on other parts of the track, in case you run into that.

No, it was definately a wormhole. On the replay, Luther was falling for about 30 seconds and then respawned skipping a chunk of the track. I know the rail's a shortcut, it's just after he took the rail he turned left and went through a building and fell off the course.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:45 pm  Post subject: Re: Glitch on Mercury City Meltdown  
Racing Fiend
Hmm...Interesting :wink Can you describe what happened in detail? Did he hit the building on the corner? The front part ? The side? Did he stay on the rail till the end while leaning to the left? How did it happen?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Glitch on Mercury City Meltdown  
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
.....I don't see anything.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:30 am  Post subject: Re: Glitch on Mercury City Meltdown  
I'm uploading it to YouTube, I'll edit this post with the link when it's uploaded.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4ft3LnzPxA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Glitch on Mercury City Meltdown  
:lol Yeah, that's Luther using a wormhole. :lol Pretty sweet. There are holes all over the track - it's doubtful that one is faster than the normal one that is used.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Glitch on Mercury City Meltdown  
Racing Fiend
Cool. I always thought that SSX4EVER used a different WH to get his record , but I just didn't really have the drive to look for it anymore. I got excited about your discovery, but most likely it's useless :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Glitch on Mercury City Meltdown  
Yeah, your right. It does skip around about 30 seconds though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Glitch on Mercury City Meltdown  
PSN: KBABZ
It's only useless because there are better solutions. I'm not familiar with MC wormholes, but if the big one's entry point is before this WH's one, then it may be a appropriate fallback if you missed the first one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Glitch on Mercury City Meltdown  
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
Hahaha, Luther's a fuckin genius!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:26 am  Post subject: Re: Glitch on Mercury City Meltdown  
Gravitude MVP
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
Hahaha, nice. It's as if the developers put it there on purpose -- why else would the CPU character turn left to crash into the wall? He doesn't do that anywhere else. Reminds me of the SJ wormhole.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:55 am  Post subject: Re: Glitch on Mercury City Meltdown  
My guess is that he didn't intend on going the path he did as he gets bumped or something onto that rail, so when he attempted to get back on track he glitched through the wall.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:26 am  Post subject: Re: Glitch on Mercury City Meltdown  
Gravitude MVP
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
Good point, that's probably right.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:38 am  Post subject: Re: Glitch on Mercury City Meltdown  
Racing Fiend
I still haven't tried this WH due to lack of time, but I don't think it will be better then the original WH. I am positive that SSX4EVER found a working WH that comes before the one that I use, because I perfected my path and was only able to drop my time by a second. If I remember correctly, Alpmaster and I, discovered several WHs in the earlier stages of MC, but none were effective enough to utilize.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:42 am  Post subject: Re: Glitch on Mercury City Meltdown  
alpmaster wrote:
Hahaha, Luther's a fuckin genius!

exactly

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ]