Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:11 pm  Post subject: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
I can hardly remember my best but what i can remember is me playing on a demo of SSX3 when i was about 9 and thinking 'wow, i wanna do this for real' and just loving every second of the demo.

My worst has to be getting a power cut as i crossed the line with a gold medal on Kick Doubt on SSX3, i was literally devastated!!!

So then whats your best and worst memory of SSX?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:43 pm  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
PSN: mobe7
I've lot of good memories of SSX, I bought a PS2 purely because of playing the original game. Best memory over all though is probably the weekend SSX3 came out and playing it non stop round at a mates house. Not sure what my worst memory is. I know On Tour is clearly the worst of them but I actually enjoyed it when it first came out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
I think my best memory is just playing SSX as a five year-old in general. When you're five you're very, like, naïve, and looking back at all of the goofy things I did when I played Tricky makes me laugh. I distinctly remember thinking that the snowflake multipliers made you go faster, entering the cheat code that unlocks everything and just going ballistic on Pipedream for like, hours with chrome shirtless Brodi, spending hours trying to pop the giant balloons in Snowdream with Kaori but never quite making it, having a crush on JP, being terrified of the big revolving cylinder things in Tokyo Megaplex, picking Marisol's wicked revealing shirts because it made me feel like a rebel...the list goes on and on, haha. These days when I play, it's like, "GET GOOD SCORES" but back then I enjoyed the game so much just doing silly things.

Worst memory is trying to play through On Tour and getting stressed out rather than having fun. I never ended up finishing the career mode or whatever you call it because it just wasn't worth it to me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:19 pm  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
PSN: Kinomi_XD
when I was like five, me and my brother were at brother's friend's house playing friend's PC (I was just watching), he's the first guy who got PS2. Back then when it just came out that was something big, he had a demo with SSX in it. So as I said, we were playing PC and I asked brother's friend can I go play SSX, and so I went to play it and set new record. I was so happy, I remember that I saw them being jealous.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
Hmm...i think my best memory is playing tricky despite how well i do...i don't think there is a worst...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
PSN: SSXfanatic
I remember playing the first SSX when I was six, nearly 11 years ago. After that I got Tricky a year later, but in early 2003 our PS2 broke down, so I couldn't play it anymore.

In fact, up until March of THIS YEAR, I had no clue that an SSX3 existed.

Thankfully something got me into watching Youtube videos of the game, and a week later I bought the GC version to play on the Wii, and at the beginning of this summer I bought a new PS2 and the first 4 games, plus I learned about the new game in early May.

So mostly, it's all awesome, minus the fact that I forgot about the franchise for seven years.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
BEST memories = When I play Tricky 10 years after its official release (I was 18 when the game got released), seeing all the old stages, scores, jumps etc. again. For the game itself, it gotta be when I cross the finish line @ Garibaldi showoff. The memories I get are nice and chill.

WORST memories = All the damn restarts! Gawd. And how annoying both RazHELL and Marty became...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:38 am  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
community day!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
PSN: Emu90
Worst memories.

SSX Tricky: Trying to understand how you actually do tricks in SSX.
SSX 3: Collecting orange V-symbols on The Throne.

Best memories.
I think the most memorable moments are all in SSX Tricky.
-Finding the UFO in Merqury City
-My first ??? trick
-Aloha Ice Jam Show-off while "Song for dot" is playing.
-Untracked
-Pipedream

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
PSN: LilG912912
Best Memories:

I never heard of SSX at all until my friend got me into it when I was 11-12 in 2003, it was SSX Tricky. I literally got hooked, I just wanted to get every game outta my face and just play SSX Tricky all day long. I was very excited to buy and play Tricky/SSX3 on school nights and pass out and go to sleep in my classes. It was worth it, man..

Worst Memories: SSX On Tour. SSX on Tour is decent, but it so many damn flaws and missing a lot of aspects in the game. SSX on Tour imo was not good to me despite beating story-mode twice outta boredom or kill time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
XBL: Thunder044
Best memories were back when I first found out about SSX, always trying to go over my one friend's house to play the original SSX on playstation because I didn't have one. From there I started buying the new releases of SSX starting with Tricky for gamecube.

That and the feeling I got the first time I accidently did a Monster trick in SSX 3 and had no idea what just happened.

Worst memories might be when my Tricky disc kept freezing on me at random times. It was so frustrating that I even bought another copy to see if the problem was the specific game disc I had but I think the new one I got froze sometimes too. Iirc it didn't do it as much though so it turned out alright.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
XBL: MrPanic1989
Best memories:
Tricky: Punching!
SSX3: The all peak race, so sick.
On Tour: Racing the Yeti's, really felt accomplished after beating them.
Blur: Being able to do all the ubers, that took some real skill to pull of.

Worst memories:
Tricky: Mostly that I didn't own my own copy of the game.
SSX3: Breaking the glass challenges on half pipes, whoever made that should get a good slapping
On Tour: Though not the best game in the serie, no bad memories
Blur: Tournaments, really disliked all the mixes of events.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
PSN: Tuscan_THUGa
Best Memory: The only owned Tricky so...
-Playing Tricky with a buddy of mine, over playing a random newer game.
-I got 800k+ on Garibaldi (Xbox Original). I was happy.

Worst Memory:
The hard drive to the original Xbox failed last Summer ;(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
XBL: st3aksauce138
PSN: st3aksauce138
Best is defiantly the feeling i got when i first got ssx 3 and realizing that it was the best videogame ever. Worst was the other day when i completly reset all my saves and started over again and i started playing as mac and i was on the race across all 3 mountains to beat the game and my game ended up freezing everytime i got to merqury city

HARPER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:11 am  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
XBL: WilliamK
CurryKingDH wrote:
I can hardly remember my best but what i can remember is me playing on a demo of SSX3 when i was about 9 and thinking 'wow, i wanna do this for real' and just loving every second of the demo.

Pretty much this! My parents asked if I liked the game and I just couldn't stop playing it. I was mad when I had to go to bed haha. Then the next day, what do you know, they bought Tricky and 3! Mostly played Tricky for a year or so before finally moving on to ssx 3 tho. god those games were(are) so amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:29 am  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
XBL: Bildi
Worst: trying to get platinum on Kick Doubt, endless restarts and 180s on the start line, and sometimes nearly getting it but missing the 10x multiplier at the end. Another worst is having it confirmed after a few hours of play that On Tour was indeed shite.

Best: playing SSX for the first time on my friend's PS2, I always remember the high walls of Elysium Alps. And getting a platinum on Kick Doubt - I only did it a few months ago. Only took me about 8 years. :heh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
XBL: MdX MaxX
Worst: I will eternally hate Kick Doubt; it took me AGES to get that platinum. Intimidator was quite the pest as well.

Best: Finally getting a memory card after weeks of having a PS2 and Tricky. :lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
XBL: Quicquidlibet
PSN: SpontaneousFish5 (Never use)
I would have to agree with citylights, being 5 and playing SSX. I remember just holding down the jump button because I thought it gave me speed. When I had a crush on JP. When I enjoyed playing as Kaori (I actually despise her now). Going to that little practice area and doing just that. When the commentating voice scared me. Then I remember in SSX3 playing for hours on the same full run, just for fun. Then in SSX On Tour I was still very young and I heard A7X's "Bat Country" and I loved it, this was at a time when I really didn't like music. That was really my true introduction to a kind of rock/metal genre, which I still love today. My worst? When I found my SSX On Tour disc all scratched up and I couldn't go past one level of On Tour without my screen freezing up, so I had to restart my PS2.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
AwkwardFailure wrote:
When I had a crush on JP.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! :heh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
XBL: Morph Phoenix
Worst - Playing SSX3 race and not understanding why I was getting beaten so easily by the AI.

Best - Figuring out that holding forward on analog caused riders to kneel slighly, thus increasing speed.

It was a moment I shall not forget.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:46 am  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
My best would be pulling off my first monster trick in SSX 3 (Aphrodite)

I don't have a worst, I can't really remember any.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:29 am  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
PSN: Equinoqs
Best would be getting home with my launch-day PS2 and SSX game and seeing all the cheering crowds at the beginning of Snowdream, and then on Elysium Alps that HUGE first drop at the starting gate. I had also gotten Dynasty Warriors 2, but it didn't get touched for a while.

Worst would be when a friend and I were drunk and playing SSX, and since I was drinking I thought to start a new game rather than load my one-third-completed saved game so we wouldn't mess up anything on it, and instinctually saving the drunk game anyway over top of my saved game. I was crushed. But then I had so much more fun replaying my progress because I was much better and knew how to play the game properly this time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:12 am  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
Top Memories:

Beating griffs mental score of 36 million on serenity SSX 2012.
Taking the rail all along metro city.
Finding the shortcut on the peak 2 race (although i can't remember the name of it now :( )
Mastering the Wingsuit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
PSN: Emskinen
Oh dear....I can't pick a best memory. Can think of a really funny one though.

Was at my friends house in February (id booked the tickets to Yorkshire deliberately so I could go to his and we'd just play the new game together. And then as it turned out a few days later, the Mae has been pushed back a couple of weeks. Rage.) and on Ruthless Ridge, I was going with so much speed I was beaten the helicopter. Hit the jump wrong, and on the comedown, smacked off the helicopter and disappeared. I Was a minute slower than average because we were too busy laughing.

My worst memory...Blur. I absolutely HATED that game. I remember reading reviews that said it would ly be good for hardcore fans. Which was fine, I played the games constantly then and thought anything less than my bottom record was a bad run. But couldn't play it. Just...unworkable.

Failing that, the hell I went through trying to beat Aoraki.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:49 am  Post subject: Re: Best and Worst memories of SSX?  
XBL: VigilantSoren
My worst memory is definitely the first time I played Show-Off in the original SSX. My brothers and I had gotten the game back in 2001, so I must have been 11. We got SSX with our Playstation 2, which was also the first game console (except Gameboys) I had ever had, this meant I was very awful too. It took me awhile to actually play World Circuit as I found the competitive aspect of the game very intimidating as a young spineless lad, I much preferred freeride. Both my brothers had already progressed pretty far by this point. Played Snowdream and did fine, not sure what medal I got but I got one. Then came Elysium Alps, god damn Elysium Alps. The track was long, much longer than Snowdream, and you needed much more points to medal than Snowdream. It was a tough course and I was having a lot difficulty with it. I finally got enough to get Bronze at the bottom of the mountain when I ran out of time. I fucking ran out of time. When I realized how little I had left on the clock I started freaking out. My timer ran out right after the last big jump in the clearing before the finished line. That shit was devastating. It took months for me to muster the courage to try show-off on Elysium Alps again because of fear from the clock running out. That's probably the only time that ever happened to me and to this day I still HATE any section of a video game that has a timer on it.

TL;DR When I was young I ran out of time in Show-Off on Elysium Alps in the original SSX and was fucking scarred from it.

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  1, 2