Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:50 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:35 pm  Post subject: Sequel Ideas?  
XBL: Kaavyn
Alright haha, I had to make this thread (I'm sorry guys!) simply because I was chatting with citylights and had a really awesome idea for a sequel lol.

In the sequel, we would get 12 characters: 6 vets from the new SSX (so from Elise -> Ty + Eddie), and 6 brand new characters (so think SSX Tricky). The 6 newbies would be the focus of this game, who will all be apprentices to the 6 returning vets. Each newbie will have their own veteran as a trainer or duo partner, and each duo will compete to prove that they are the best out of all of them.

Why do I think this is a good idea? Just imagine the possible character chemistry! Could you imagine Eddie being stuck with some dude that couldn't stand his jokes? Psymon being paired up with someone who's afraid of him? Kaori being paired up with someone who speaks a completely different language also? Elise being paired up with Alex? Okay, kidding about the last one (or not).

Story mode could easily have to do with showing how each pair is partnered up, where you play as the apprentice and have your veteran partner train you (teach you the ropes, their secrets, how they do their tricks - which leads to you inventing your own signature trick, etc), and as a boss fight, you have to face off against your veteran (if there were six modes, then each pair would face off in a different event, i.e. Mac and Trick It, etc). As for six modes... race, freestyle, survive, slalom, halfpipe, big air? Oh, and when you beat the veteran, they are unlocked so that you may play as them in race/trick/online/etc.

The veterans should not (imo) be Elise/Mac/Kaori/Psymon/Zoe/Moby. As much as we all love them, I really think our new 6 vets should be a mix of our old favourites and some of the newbies in the new SSX. I'd also personally like to see Eddie be a veteran this time around.

What do you think? What would you like to see in a sequel?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Sequel Ideas?  
If there's going to be a sequel, I want it to be based on a TV reality show where each episode is based on certain events .. so think of it like Split/Second or Death Race .. It'll be perfectly ideal for DJ Atomica's commentaries. Since I like story games, It'll be cool if the sequel was heavier on the story and in-game cinematics sorta like the recent Fight Night. So yeah .. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Sequel Ideas?  
Virtual Crayon wrote:
If there's going to be a sequel, I want it to be based on a TV reality show where each episode is based on certain events .. so think of it like Split/Second or Death Race .. It'll be perfectly ideal for DJ Atomica's commentaries. Since I like story games, It'll be cool if the sequel was heavier on the story and in-game cinematics sorta like the recent Fight Night. So yeah .. :)

I don't quite understand what you mean... As in each episode/chapter of story mode ends in a cliff hanger of sorts? I think that'd be pretty intense for story mode (which I like), but I don't want anyone dying or anything haha. Also I don't see how they could add cliffhangers to races and stuff since we'd need to be racing lol.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Sequel Ideas?  
PSN: SSXfanatic
Title:

SSX: Tricky Tricky

(The second tricky is for the tracks :yes)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:37 am  Post subject: Re: Sequel Ideas?  
PSN: jonipooon
How about a Japanese special edition with Kaori and 11 other girls snowboarding in their bikinis?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:47 am  Post subject: Re: Sequel Ideas?  
Kav wrote:
Virtual Crayon wrote:

I don't quite understand what you mean... As in each episode/chapter of story mode ends in a cliff hanger of sorts? I think that'd be pretty intense for story mode (which I like), but I don't want anyone dying or anything haha. Also I don't see how they could add cliffhangers to races and stuff since we'd need to be racing lol.

Sorry .. I guess I should have been a little more clear. Just think of it as like SSX has gone BIG. there's the live-broadcasting on TV with commentary throughout the episode .. that's where DJ Atomica kicks in, pre-game interviews, after game interviews, etc. for in-game cimematics and for story .. i don't know really .. I just like stories lol :) Oh btw, what about if each episode represented a mountain instead. You should check out the link below if you want a better idea of what I mean.. tell me what you think..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NhocBuUupc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:07 am  Post subject: Re: Sequel Ideas?  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
Kav, I love your idea. I'd say the 6 should be Elise, Mac, Kaori, Zoe, Psymon, and then Eddie instead of Moby.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:52 am  Post subject: Re: Sequel Ideas?  
CharmyDweeng wrote:
Kav, I love your idea. I'd say the 6 should be Elise, Mac, Kaori, Zoe, Psymon, and then Eddie instead of Moby.

I was about to give a write up of the six that I would pick, but I don't think others would agree with me. My point with not having the six main characters all return as vets in my sequel idea is for multiple reasons:
1. They're getting too old, and considering backstories, it seems like each vet had something going on.
2. They've changed too much. Kaori, Moby and Psymon aren't very true to the characters we loved.
3. SSX has a history of killing off newcomers. This needs to end.
4. People who are fans of other characters will never see their favourites get a chance.

Click to reveal hidden content: show
I think Eddie would be a good vet simply for his popularity, and because people want to see his character develop. Not to mention he's unique. As for the newcomers, I feel as though Tane will be very popular since he'll share Brodi's fanbase, plus he also brings something fresh to SSX. Ty and Mac work out to be just about the same, and although I prefer Ty, I can see Mac returning as another veteran (plus he's under 30 and still young).

As for the girls... I wouldn't mind seeing Elise retire or go back to acting, but since she's Batty's favourite I don't see that happening. I'd rather replace her with Alex (which kind of seems like it was Alex's purpose anyways). Kaori lost her past appeal and seems (based on backstory) that she'd rather DJ and hang out with Mac than continue to snowboard. Considering Zoe founded the new SSX, I assume she still loves snowboarding and would want to stick around and pass on her knowledge...

So if I had to pick six vets, it would be Eddie ("Funny/Fun-Loving"), Mac or Ty ("Experienced"), Tane ("Calm-Minded"), Elise/Alex ("Elite"), Allegra ("Rebel"), Zoe ("Risk Taker").

As for the newbies, all-in-all I'd basically like to see them be any personality that would negate the personalities of our vets. Either that or a personality that would overall interact well with their veteran partner. If all the veterans are unique in personality, then their partners will also end up being unique... at least in theory

Click to reveal hidden content: show
So if I just had to base it on the six I chose, these are the base personalities I would pick for their partners:
Eddie's partner - "Sarcastic/Serious" (Eve?)
Mac/Ty's partner - "Know-It-All"
Tane's partner - "Blank-Minded"
Alex/Elise's partner - "Egoistic" (think Griff)
Allegra's partner - "Follower"
Zoe's partner - "Reckless" (think Psymon minus the crazy)

As for the character's actual appearances/lifestyles/etc, I leave that to you guys lol.

In the end, the newbie would end up putting a damper on their veteran partner, giving each duo some form of struggle that they need to cope and deal with before they can strive to be the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Sequel Ideas?  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Kav - nice idea, like the story and how it could move things on.

Jonipoon wrote:
How about a Japanese special edition with Kaori and 11 other girls snowboarding in their bikinis?

:thumbsup :lol - go for it Joni, 'Dead or Alive' does SSX :D

The characters I drew some time ago were based on the story that - a number of returning SSX Vets went back to the competition Tour. Once there, they found that the crowds had moved on and there were a new set of champions and they were yesterdays news. As such the Pros set about building back their reputation against the newbies who are now at a new level of tricks and tracks compared to the Tours of old. Classic vs modern SSX.

Given the reboot it could even be funded by Griff. Griff became the champ after all the others left leaving him to build up a small fortune in winnings and brand advertising, eventually taking over everything. Given that possibly Zoe invites him to the deadly decents this time, he returns the favour by inviting them back on to the Competition Tour which he now owns in hope that the new riders will humiliate the SSX Vets just as they did to him all those years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Sequel Ideas?  
XBL: SpR1tEzER0
As long as it involves Griff then yes
it'd be awesome

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Sequel Ideas?  
Jonipoon wrote:

That would make a real good spin-off of some sort.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Sequel Ideas?  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
i vote that a sequel to the game should be about more than just the characters.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Sequel Ideas?  
Well I figure since a sequel would not be made from scratch like this game, that the devs would have more time to work on the characters. But yes, I do hope it's not just about the characters either haha.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:58 am  Post subject: Re: Sequel Ideas?  
PSN: jonipooon
I just hope this game will be a success, otherwise we may not get a sequel.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Sequel Ideas?  
XBL: KKBox
If I could only choose 6 veterans, they would have to be:
1) Mac Fraser -- Not only is Mac the most popular SSX character, but he is also the quintessential snowboarding dude. He is also one of my favorites.
2) Elise Riggs -- It's true, she is getting old. But, she is essential because she is the super hottie that every video game usually has, and she is quite obviously the most popular character with the developers. Not to mention that she's my #1 favorite!
3) Zoe Payne -- Zoe is the most popular female SSX characters, and she's a sort of "anti-Elise", acting as a balance to the Canadian bombshell by not conforming to societal norms or acting girly. Also, she has always been the one that loved snowboarding more than everyone else and was even the one who brought back SSX (in terms of the story) for the 2012 game.
4) Eddie Wachowski -- Funny, cool, unique, and so popular that the developers were forced to bring him back by the fans' request.
5) Tane Mumea -- We know so little about him, but from what we've seen, he just seems very cool! I think he will become a fan-favorite!
6) Allegra Sauvagess -- She's very popular, and she wasn't ever ruined by Sean Smillie! This would redeem the developers for not including her in SSX 2012!

I would have to cut:
1 & 2) Kaori Nishidake and Psymon Stark -- It's sad to see 2 fan-favorites ruined by the developers, but I guess that's what happens. Their personalities just could not fit into the newer games. It will be sad to see them go.
3) Moby Jones -- He's a fan-favorite, sure, and I like him a lot, sure, but he was always the 6th of the 6 all-stars, always secondary to Elise, Mac, etc. There just wasn't enough room for him in my top 6.
4) Griff Simmons -- You would think, based on where the story is going, that Griff would definitely be in the next game, but I know something you don't! Zoe kills Griff at the end of SSX 2012! (Syke! I wish that would happen! That's why he's not in my Top 6!)
5 & 6) JP Arsenault and Alex Moreau -- These characters are essentially the male and female versions of each other. They're French, they're good-looking, they're arrogant, they're mean, and they're both not so popular.
7) Ty Thorsen -- He could become a fan-favorite and appear in the next game, but I just feel that it's more likely to happen with Tane Mumea.

As for the other characters, they don't even stand a chance of being in the next game! I love them, I really do, but there's just no way!

If I could absolutely have my way with no restrictions, the next SSX sequel would have:
1) Elise Riggs (SSX 3-style)
2) Mac Fraser (SSX to SSX 3-style)
3) Zoe Payne (in any form will do)
4) Kaori Nishidake (SSX to SSX 3-style)
5) Psymon Stark (SSX Tricky to SSX 3-style)
6) Moby Jones (SSX Tricky to SSX 3-style)
7) Allegra Sauvagess (SSX 3-style)
8) Eddie Wachowski (SSX Tricky-style)
Plus, 2-4 new characters. (But that will NEVER happen.)

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]