Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 6:40 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:32 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
I just say I wanted to be completely SSX5 as SSX 3. I agree with you, a tour is much better than a big mountain to hang. A mixture of fashion 3 SSX Tricky subjecting the freeride world. It would be nice.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:09 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
Hi again, I copy here what I said a few years ago about an SSX5 so we could talk about this ideas.

Quote:
Since I play at SSX (tricky, 3 and On tour) I haven't stop playing this game every Friday nights with my friends...

And frankly, there is no better gameplay then SSX on tour. I explain myself :
1° no more "off limit" reset.
2° much simpler tricks, it mean's that you don't, always, have to do the same optimised sequence to get the highest score. This point move the skills of the player to the ability of directing the caracter for the best sequences of jumps and paths (don't know if you understand me).
3° no more teleportation cabins that destroyed the challenge.
4° no more bonus multipliers that fixed all the trajectories if you want to have the highest score.

now I also think that there are some points that need work :

1° I believe that people may not like the way the competition is offered to them. give the choice to do a shuffle (On tour style) or the step by step (SSX3 style) progression. The idea to travel is very nice. What I would do :
At the beginning, the player would chose a country and chose a mountain to start (4 mountains per country). When he gain next lvl (novice => amateur) he can access 2 more mountains. Next lvl is at national competition. then at the top he is at international and can travel to compete mountains in other countries

2° most of the old players liked this or this character. You were able to chose a premade character and play it against the other characters premade. This is very nice as it is very nice that we have the possibility to create are own character. Give us the choice, make are own or chose from a premade.

3° The evolution of the player are very nice in both SSX3 and ON Tour. But I think It would be much greater to mix both system.
- Evolve the material to grand speed, higth, turning, boost gain, etc...
- Evolve character to grand stability, acceleration, resistance to falls, spinning, boost spending, etc...
We can of course imagine much more stats to evolve.

4° trick specific to the character would be excellent. That mean's that each premade characters has his and only tricks and the custom character has standards tricks. By the way, give us monster tricks for slides and 1 more lvl of tricks.

5° arriving à 2/3 of the game, we have the character complete, we don't have anything to do with all the money we have. give us some special track to bye for millions

6° This dark camera stuff when we do a monster trick is very annoying, the slow motion is nice (but make it disable-possible for solo mod), we can be more precise for the landing but the dark effect is horrible. We can add to that the camera automatic orientation, most of my falls come from this camera pointing at angles.

7° remove all bug exploit so we can't mount combo points at start, or chain the same sequence of tricks without repeats, or abuse of reset button to gain time

8° the combo evolution should be linear, the greater the compo, the greater the multiplier is : combo 100 is 10x combo 10 and compo 300 is 30x combo 10. This will give much more interest in holding the combo from the start to the end.

Here are know the features that I think will make the game endless

A very powerful and complete snowtrack editor to completely construct are own snowtracks. It has to be very flexible so we can make what we want :woot a tool installable on computers that upload to the console the map once it is done would be excellent (extra price for the track creation software ?)

A complete online multi player mod where we can share the tracks we have build is know-days a must have.

And why not an audio stream for music hearing to share while in multi mod

This are some of ideas that I had what do you think ?

Thx for reading and keep riding :D
Folkien

PS : sorry for the english...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:58 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
PSN: sparkness08
Folkien wrote:
Hi again, I copy here what I said a few years ago about an SSX5 so we could talk about this ideas.

7° remove all bug exploit so we can't mount combo points at start, or chain the same sequence of tricks without repeats, or abuse of reset button to gain time

Here are know the features that I think will make the game endless

A very powerful and complete snowtrack editor to completely construct are own snowtracks. It has to be very flexible so we can make what we want :woot a tool installable on computers that upload to the console the map once it is done would be excellent (extra price for the track creation software ?)

A complete online multi player mod where we can share the tracks we have build is know-days a must have.

Well said that man.

The above quotes are the most important. Certainly the ability to design your own track (though whatever limitations - it doesn't matter - think about the longevity and gameplay!!). The hardware is ready for it. Let's have it...

Anyone who spends more time fantasising about relationships between characters than playing the game .... perhaps needs to get a relationship themselves. (or a life).

https://ssx.ozmonet.com/user/275926760

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:05 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
PSN: Emu90
I don't know. Those level editors take a lot of time to make them simple for gamers. But if they could, please do so!

My suggestions for SSX. Just three. Make it as great as SSX on Tour, the music as memorable as in SSX 3. I really miss this game, but then, I'm not surprised that profit-driven EA doesn't care about the fan base. :-( I miss the atmosphere of "Untracked", the action of On Tour and the dialogues of SSX 3.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:19 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
Why Do We Even Have SSX5 Topics If Blur Was Out In 2007? Seriously, They Have No Point.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:37 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
XBL: andrew5500
Kubi wrote:
Why Do We Even Have SSX5 Topics If Blur Was Out In 2007? Seriously, They Have No Point.

Because even though this topic was talking about the fifth in the series, blur was on wii ONLY and kind of like a wii version of SSX 3 (but worse) so many people consider it to be a kind of "excluded" SSX game. The real fifth one will hopefully come out in two months... or three... :|

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:50 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
Or....later...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:14 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
I Had No Idea There Was Meant To Be A New True SSX!

My Ideas:
All Characters Come Back, SSX3 Monster Trick Style, All Courses Come Back, In Freeride, You Can Get Off Your Board. You Have Lodges And Transport Points, SUPER UBER Boost Way, Ubers From Tricky Map Like On Tour, Music From On Tour.

I Have More But That's Just The Ones I Can Think Of Now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:09 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
i would agree with Jonipoon except five mountains/ resorts....that would practically overload the console LOL do you realsie how much tiem it took to design both Big Mountain and OT Mountain and how much stuff it has to develop per second as u ride down it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:28 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
XBL: DredPirateStorm
PSN: DredPirateStorm
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/11/08/new-ssx-names/

It looks like some new SSX-related domain names were recently registered. SSXFirstDescent.com and SSXDeadlyDescent.com are the 2 names found so far. A user named "Geek" on NeoGAF seems to be an insider that confirms a game is in development: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412518

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:52 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
OH SNAP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:14 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
yay! Hope it's for ps2 too!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:13 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
I love this kind of news ! But I will only explode my joy on a official annonce.

I truly hope that a new SSX would include the advices that fans gave on this forum and that they didn't fucked the game. That would shurly and definitively kill the licence.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:39 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
After the SSX weekend, the people from EA were posting in out forums. Don't believe it? Check out the first pages of the SSX3 records topic. If they still visit now, they are aware of our ideas so they might hopefully include them!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:41 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
PSN: Eviltim1700
I see it mentioned already but I just now read an article about the 5 potential SSX domains that were snatched up by EA.

http://kotaku.com/5686970/website-names-tip-plans-for-ssx-sequel

Maybe someday I can hope, but I'm certainly not getting hopes up yet. Especially if it ends up being all motion-controlled.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:11 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
XBL: Shadowdane
All I can say is I will be watching the Spike VGAs!! OMG :woot

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-24-ssx-poised-for-vga-reveal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:22 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
XBL: Shadowdane
OMG its Official! :woot :woot
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-ssx-deadly/708356

:cheers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:12 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
XBL: GoofyfanChuck
Yeah.

Not sure about the title, but it WILL be nice to be back in this forum frequently.

Let the new characters/stages/tricks discussion begin. ^___^

I even wanna be me! -- Zoe "Royal" Payne, SSX3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:15 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
deadpool247 wrote:
Yeah.

Not sure about the title, but it WILL be nice to be back in this forum frequently.

Let the new characters/stages/tricks discussion begin. ^___^

Glad to see you back, dude. :) Most of these sorts of discussions should go in the SSX Deadly Descents forum.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:34 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
Hey guys. Long time lurker, first time poster. Just saw this on the EA SSX Facebook page and figured you all might get a kick out of it. (Would put it in the SSX:DD thread, but it seems I can't post there yet).

Before:

After:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:39 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
Caanon wrote:
Hey guys. Long time lurker, first time poster. Just saw this on the EA SSX Facebook page and figured you all might get a kick out of it. (Would put it in the SSX:DD thread, but it seems I can't post there yet).

Before:

After:

:lol I saw that. I had a good laugh.

Also, what does it say when you can't post? I thought I fixed that already. Anyone who is registered should be able to post in the forum.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:51 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
gondee wrote:
Also, what does it say when you can't post? I thought I fixed that already. Anyone who is registered should be able to post in the forum.

Ah, I got it. I was going into the "Top of the Mountain" section and looking at the announcements thread about DD at the top. No quote/reply buttons there, but if I go into any of the Lounge/Bar sections and go to the same topic, the reply/quote buttons appear... my fault. I didn't notice that before since I've never posted :heh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:11 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
first of all, WHY, EA, WHY'D YOU MESS UP WHEN WE NEEDED YOU??!?!one/!? EA, i am disappoint... :cry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:11 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
The following characters: (i have calculated their ages correctley; 1 year between ssx and tricky 2 between tricky and 3 and as i don't count OT or Blur as canon but i do liek soem things from those games liek characters SSX 5 to me would be 2 years after 3)

Mac Fraser: 20

Kaori Nishidake: 21

Elise Riggs: 28

Moby Jones: 22

Zoe Payne: 24 (Unlock by beating in 1-on-1 with Moby and Elise)

Psymon Stark: 30 (Unlock by beating in 1-on-1 with Moby and Zoe)

JP Arsenault: 30 (Unlock by beating in 1-on-1 with Mac)

Hiro Karamatsu: 26 (Unlock by beating in 1-on-1 with Marisol, Brodi, Skye and Elise)

Brodi Ford: 33 (Unlock by getting 40 gold medals in total)

Marisol Delgado: 22 (Unlock by getting 20 gold medals in total)

Allegra Sauvagess: 20 (Unlock by Conquering the Mountain with 3 male characters)

Viggo Rolig: 21 (Unlock by Conquering the Mountain with 3 female characters)

Griff Simmons: 15 (Unlock by beating in 1-on-1 with Mac and Kaori)

Nate Logan: 28 (Unlock by getting gold in all backcountry with 3 male characters)

Sid: 27 (Unlock by Conquering the Mountain with Mac and Kaori)

Tyson Logan: 20 (Unlock by Conquering the Mountain with Nate and Allegra)

Skye Simms: 18 (Unlock by Conquering the Mountain with Brodi and Marisol)

Maya Nolet: 23 (Unlock by getting gold in all backcountry with 3 female characters)

Felix Levesque: 19 (Unlock by beating in 1-on-1 with Elise and Psymon)

(personally i'm open to either having al the characters back if that is easier or having a create your own as well so long as these characters are welcomed back i don't mind.)

And a large open mountian, preferebly more liek ssx 3 or On Tour, maybe multipel open mountains

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:12 am  Post subject: Re: SSX 5 talk...  
DMaster wrote:
Sid: 27 (Unlock by Conquering the Mountain with Mac and Kaori)

I doubt it. :no
I just wonder if the new female character will be named Jill...
.... Or Monica. :heh :lol

Last edited by tecna jessie on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 13 of 14 [ 326 posts ]  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14