Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:43 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:40 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
XBL: Kaavyn
Well we can try Lucy Liu... I wonder if she's busy :lol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:17 am  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Kav wrote:
We should also see if Bif Naked can do Zoe... She's a huge must-have.

EDIT: On her site it says she can be emailed for a "speaking engagement" at bifnaked@iamcorp.com, so we can email her a petition when we get the numbers :D

http://www.bifnaked.com/

I asked her through twitter a few months ago if she would consider a return to voice Zoe ......no reply yet :P :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:50 am  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
She responded to someone today about her role as Zoe on twitter, and she said she wasn't going to do it this year but she loves being Zoe (I don't know if she meant it as if she declined it, or if she was never asked).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:12 am  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
XBL: Bildi
:sad

Well, at least we won't get our hopes up and it gives us a chance to adjust our expectations. I hope they can find a decent Zoe voice.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:27 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
Zoe's #1 Fan
I forget who posted it but wasnt there a guess about it being eliza dushku who twittered she had recently done voice work for EA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:29 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Yeti wrote:
I forget who posted it but wasnt there a guess about it being eliza dushku who twittered she had recently done voice work for EA

She twittered she had gone up to Vancouver for voice work but it turned out she was working on the latest Fight Night.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:33 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
Zoe's #1 Fan
oh right, pity that would have been a good replacement.

Still, I wonder if they will have a true voice like tricky/SSX3 or a general voice like OT

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:43 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
oh god the voices in OT were horrifying. kaori's voice was straight up scary. like crazy old lady in china town scary. i hope they don't do that again.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:21 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
Yeti wrote:
oh right, pity that would have been a good replacement.

Still, I wonder if they will have a true voice like tricky/SSX3 or a general voice like OT

If, as they claim, they care about what fans want, they will make sure to give characters proper voices. I'm sure they know we don't want some nightmarishly creepy crap (like Tunes already mentioned) that sounds like they just haphazardly picked some people on the street and recorded them on the spot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:22 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #3
  • SSX 3: Overall: #3
PSN: obiwahnshinobi
Ok here's a question, doesn't EA own the rights to the previous voice recordings? If so then why not just use those, because I'd prefer that to all new voices. Anyone else agree?

(19:57:20) gondee: how does one master the dweeng

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:35 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
PSN: hypnotic_boogie
Obi wrote:
Ok here's a question, doesn't EA own the rights to the previous voice recordings? If so then why not just use those, because I'd prefer that to all new voices. Anyone else agree?

probably not possible.
when it comes to video games and hardware, old recording are obsolete with new technology, HD rather.
we'd be playing an HD game but the voice would be off, probably crackly and very drowned out. we'd might as well not have voices at all.
as game engines and systems update, so do sound bites and audio quality.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:45 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
I would guess that if they've aged since the last game as they always do, the voice would be at least marginally different. As long as they're there and they sound okay I'm down.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:21 am  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
Boogie wrote:
Obi wrote:

probably not possible.
when it comes to video games and hardware, old recording are obsolete with new technology, HD rather.
we'd be playing an HD game but the voice would be off, probably crackly and very drowned out. we'd might as well not have voices at all.
as game engines and systems update, so do sound bites and audio quality.

Well SSX 3 was THX certified and recorded in Dolby Digital DTS Prologic II for 5.1 support and those files could be converted into DTS Prologic II X to give up to 7.1 speakers. I doubt most people are rocking 9.1 DTS Prologic II Z's for home entertainment centers, nor will 2 more speakers make a huge impact for voice. Plus the 9.1 would only add to effects like rain, wind, etc which I'm sure will only be used strictly for the 9 deadly decent levels. The regular audio could be mixed in or laced with 9.1 and still sound great. It would sound bad if they were trying to convert files from mono or 2.1 but SSX 3 was HD audio.
Anyways I just thought it could be a cheaper alternative to their limited budget, and the only voice they might have an issue with would be Eddie if he make's it in, because I'm sure David Arquette might be pricy even though he seldom acts. :lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:43 am  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Obi wrote:

It's also an issue of residuals, payments and other things. Every time they use their old recordings in new stuff, they have to pay more money depending on the contract. It might be worth it to just bring in a cheaper voice actor than pay new fees on old stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:42 am  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
That sucks but makes sense G. Perhaps with any new chars they could do another contest for voices. Could be cool :pimp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:13 am  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
gondee wrote:
Obi wrote:

It's also an issue of residuals, payments and other things. Every time they use their old recordings in new stuff, they have to pay more money depending on the contract. It might be worth it to just bring in a cheaper voice actor than pay new fees on old stuff.

That's the exact same question I asked a while ago and I got that exact answer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:56 am  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
I'm okay with new voices, as long as they fit the character.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:00 am  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
PSN: MistressWiggle
I do agree Kav, I just think, well in a series like this a voice does some the character up. Zoe is Bif Naked, no other series changes voices like this: most games sign someone to voice and then contracts them for any sequels. I mean, it's like voicing a cartoon and changing the voice of every character every episode. It's not unlike that and I just want some consistency.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:14 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
NA wrote:
I mean, it's like voicing a cartoon and changing the voice of every character every episode. It's not unlike that.

If you said every season, I might agree.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:29 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
XBL: WAffle3690
plus it wouldnt be entertaining with the old voices. we would have the same dialogue and script. kinda be boring hearing the same lines in one game and another.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:31 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
XBL: rara8kid
PSN: ruchie123
WHEN is they gonna show Moby's trailer video?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:35 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
Dunno honestly. They may not make one. I don't think Elise got an official one either.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:36 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
they did have a video for elise's comic so they may be counting that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:42 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
you're right. Maybe so. That and she was referenced in the debut trailer as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:41 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 Video Roundup & Discussion Topic  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
i just want a new video with game rendered Moby. all the characters look slightly different, or in Kaori's case totally different, than their concept art. so hopefully we can see Moby in game, and maybe they'll throw Zoe in there too. woo!

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 7 of 8 [ 182 posts ]  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8