Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:48 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:18 pm  Post subject: Ways to refresh your SSX gaming experience!  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
I had a period last month where for the first time SSX wasnt my first choice of game :eek CRAZY I KNOW!

Anyway, this month ive gotten back into the game by doing a few things...

1) Music -- i took out what i had, put a few of them back in and added a ton of new music! Suddenly the game felt so fresh! I personally ride to the music in freeride so it was great riding to new tracks.

2) Suits and Boards - It got to the point where i was using the same suit with a level 15 board that matched the suit for every run so.... I kept only 2 suits and 3 boards for each character and sold the rest. Im not using the shop alot more and just having different board designs and different colours makes so much difference!

3) Playing a different game mode - Im mainly a trick guy so popping into survive and race abit more than i usually do refreshed the experience aswell.

I thought id put this as a thread so people can share ideas on how to keep the game going. Merq has gone quiet and EA has gone quiet but this game is too good to die so soon so... yeah :P

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Ways to refresh your SSX gaming experience!  
Look for new routes.
Seriously, last time I popped this game in, I found a whole new part of Vengeance I never knew about.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:59 pm  Post subject: Re: Ways to refresh your SSX gaming experience!  
^ That left side is pretty well hidden, I don't blame you.

And I keep the game fresh by thinking of cool little 'achievements' and trying to do them.
Oh, that, and trying to beat some records. You guys are brutal :[

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Ways to refresh your SSX gaming experience!  
PSN: TaysteChampion
Yeah man that left route on Vengeance took me off guard too! I noticed the exit tunnel to the left as you go the main route before I knew it was there - actually tried to fly to it wondering like... WOW what is this? :D Then a few runs after that I started keeping an eye out and eventually found it. It was fun to explore the different routes that *secret* way :)

It would be great if there was a mode for average speed, that way any route down the mountain could be taken, not just the tried and tested fastest race lines, the goal just to keep a high average speed as possible (thinking about it... might be able to get higher average speed taking longer routes on some tracks)... but... there ain't... but... we have freeride! Smeg it! Going to go for it in freeride and have a blast in the snow. I haven't played SSX or Playstation for some time (been on PC lately) - but next time I do that will be my first stop :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Ways to refresh your SSX gaming experience!  
PSN: Emu90
Definitely free ride the place. You know we are all just addicted to the fastest line down but there's an incredible amount of track around it.

Free riding Antarctica and Alaska is amazing. I went back to those tracks and I feel like I have never been there before. Also: Backcountry in New Zealand.

I really appreciate freeride. It's almost the only thing I do now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:55 am  Post subject: Re: Ways to refresh your SSX gaming experience!  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
I set myself mammoth survive it tasks (done over 125,000 on Critical Mass and Wrecking Crew this week)
Try radical new lines down familiar drops (got a new line Serenity I'm sure is faster)
New character/ board/ mod combinations (using Moby for race now.... yes! Moby!!)
Level up all my characters to 15 (only got 3 more to do)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:19 pm  Post subject: Re: Ways to refresh your SSX gaming experience!  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
good call on the music, curry. i recently put a few new tracks in my ssx and it's lovely to listen to. i need to do more.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:59 pm  Post subject: Re: Ways to refresh your SSX gaming experience!  
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
As thick as this may sound I never really thought about the tracks being huge and there being alternate routes lol. I usually just get 'into it' and focus on getting to the bottom.
Same with the music. There's like 5 songs that play over and over (even though I don't remember making a playlist). After playing for awhile I slowly start to lose my mind and then I can't stop stop stop stop stop stop stop stop stop... :frusty

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Ways to refresh your SSX gaming experience!  
PSN: Otter111
After seeing this topic I'm going back and seeing how many tracks I can get 100,000 + in survive. So faR critical mass and monster...it just takes time...lol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Ways to refresh your SSX gaming experience!  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
Yea, the music helps.

Another thing.......change your control scheme to the one you dont use. its like learning to play the game alll over again.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Ways to refresh your SSX gaming experience!  
XBL: TruGamer97
Heck I just want to take part in 3-2-1-Go events but there is never anyone else playing them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Ways to refresh your SSX gaming experience!  
PSN: Classic_Beauty21
I always refresh my SSX experience by going weeks or months without playing it. :P
It always feels good to play it again after a lonnnnng break from it. Then I replay some of the world tour stages for kicks! Feels just like first time everytime. ;)

Yes I have a masters degree on ssxology, doc.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Ways to refresh your SSX gaming experience!  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
SweetWildFlowers wrote:
I always refresh my SSX experience by going weeks or months without playing it. :P
It always feels good to play it again after a lonnnnng break from it. Then I replay some of the world tour stages for kicks! Feels just like first time everytime. ;)

ahhh yes, the world tour.

glad to know that im not the only one that goes back to that every now and then. Death Zone race against Griff and then taking a stroll throught the tutorial level

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Ways to refresh your SSX gaming experience!  
XBL: TickleMeOzmo
Play "Classic" controls :p

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Ways to refresh your SSX gaming experience!  
XBL: twoskilld4U
TruGamer97 wrote:
Heck I just want to take part in 3-2-1-Go events but there is never anyone else playing them.

This, nobody wants to play anymore, kinda pisses me off, but it's their spare time not mine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:12 am  Post subject: Re: Ways to refresh your SSX gaming experience!  
I started my Hardcore run again.
All golds with only lv 1 equipment /w no wingsuit (Unless absolutely necessary)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 am  Post subject: Re: Ways to refresh your SSX gaming experience!  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #3
  • SSX 3: Overall: #3
PSN: obiwahnshinobi
New music definitely made the game refreshing again. Well that and about a 2-3 month break. :yes

(19:57:20) gondee: how does one master the dweeng

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ]