Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:07 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:18 am  Post subject: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Link for the FAQ:

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssxdeadlydescents/ssx_2012.txt

-------
Hi guys,

As you know, I need to start work on the guide soon so I can get it put up on Gamefaqs ASAP. This guide will be exactly like the other ones I have done, meaning I will gladly take submissions on any of the tracks. Please, please submit stuff - guides for tracks (this is most urgent, as there are 153 drops in the game), lists of stuff you think are important (feel free to ask), information about the system mechanics, etc. The faster I have submissions, the better this guide will be. If I get a lot of submissions, I can focus on building the guide quickly with decent content. In other words, I need all the help I can get!

You do not need to be an epic player in order to submit content for the guide. All we need is something that should hopefully get gold on a track or at the very least let you get a decent time/score on it. I know the gold medals on some of these tracks are ridiculous, so even if you just have a silver medal time/score guide, that is fine with me.

This is what I forsee we will have in the guide at the very least:

• Guides for each of the events in World Tour (this is important, as this is the main story mode of the game and needs to be covered no matter what.)
  • Guides for each of the drops in the game - this might be a pie in the sky sort of mission, but we can do it. We are the home of the SSX hardcore and no one does a better job than us. :D
  • Documentation of the system mechanics - trick details, control schemes, etc. Mahkra has done a good job on this in his topic, so I will be using some of his material. But if you have other information that is useful, let me know.
  • Some descriptions of some of the customization if it is interesting/unique in some way
  • High skill techniques for the game.
  • Anything else you guys might think is important - I'm always open for good content. Always. :)

So please, submit your entries for the FAQ here, just write them up in Notepad or Word and then copy and paste- as always you will get full credit. I always edit them for spelling, etc, but I will not change ONE word of your guide, so write it well. Also, include the point/time range you are shooting for.

Also, you can e-mail them to me at gondee6@yahoo.com as well. Make sure the subject line says FAQ in it. :china

Every one of Merq's SSX guides have become the most downloaded and widespread guide on the internet. Each author gets a mini-bio written by me under the "Who are they?" section, and I'm always glowing in my reviews. :D Get them in fast, I need them fast! :D It only takes 15-20 minutes to write one, and I need one for all 159 drops! :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:25 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
PSN: KBABZ
I think there should be some sort of Newbie section or "New to SSX?" guide to help out players who are new and/or can't get to grips with some of the basics (like me and grinding those damn trees!).

Also, are you going to be using the new format for the GameFAQs Guide?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:29 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
No, I'm planning on writing a standard .txt guide like always. That is usually the kind that is best to begin with, if I have time I may adapt something else.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:32 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
Alright. I'll get my Ctrl and F keys ready for the day.

I think one of the very first tips for getting Gold Medals is to follow the line of the guy who got the Gold score, so you can learn his route and beat him at his own game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:45 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Maybe with the entirity of Merq we might be able to find the location of all 599 SNOWFLAKES :)

Seriously :glare

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:47 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
PSN: jonipooon
I'm seriously thinking of writing an article called "How to score well with Classic controls"....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:49 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
What stuff would I include about a track ? Should I check out previous guides ? anyways I'll try to help

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:57 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
XBL: mahkraFUD
Here are the FAQs for previous games, if anyone needs some idea of what gondee's talking about:
SSX Tricky
SSX 3
SSX On Tour

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:02 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
I've got a question: what do we do about the few drops with huge shortcuts found? Should the guide recommend flying over the whole of Broken Tooth or should it cover a more traditional route? Or both? If we only cover the shortcuts it's possible they might get patched and you'll have to alter the FAQ.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:16 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
PSN: jonipooon
^I'd say include both. Multiple choices is the way to go.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:37 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
XBL: MdX MaxX
Anyone else planning to write a DDs Without Gear FAQ? I might call dibs on that. Heck, I might even call dibs on a general World Tour DD FAQ.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:00 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
gondee, what's your timeline for publishing the FAQ? Do you have a target date in mind, or just "as soon as it's done" ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:53 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
I'm looking into getting an full outfit list for at least one character because I think they're the same between all them as far as what numbers are glowing, epic, legendary, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
mahkra wrote:
gondee, what's your timeline for publishing the FAQ? Do you have a target date in mind, or just "as soon as it's done" ?

I will start work on it next weekend, and after that, however long it takes to get a decent skeleton up. Probably a week or two until I publish it the first time. After that, I will work on it until it's done, or submissions dry up.

The game is immense, and if the submissions dry up after that I will have to limit what composes the FAQ and wrap it up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
PSN: Endemism
Not sure I have the skills to do this kind of thing, but I'll try to help out where I can and where needed. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
gondee's FAQ writer
I am going to start off by writing up a guide to getting the Deadly Descent trophies for not using the appropriate gear. I have been knocking them out before moving on to the next range, so I have become really familiar with them all.

Oh, and should submissions dry up, I will get all SSX3-eey on this game. I know you know what I am sayin'.

I am gonna go do New Zealand now, and knock out that DD in a no gear, no rewind manner, then write up the guide for all of em, and have it posted here later today.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
Sonnergard wrote:
Not sure I have the skills to do this kind of thing, but I'll try to help out where I can and where needed. :)

Here's a good measure as to whether someone is "good enough" to write a guide for the SSX 2012 guide. If you are on my friends list, and you beat my scores, you're good enough to write a guide. And since most everyone on my friends list beats my scores, you are all good enough. :heh

LB wrote:
Oh, and should submissions dry up, I will get all SSX3-eey on this game. I know you know what I am sayin'.

Much, much appreciated sir. :china

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:20 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
PSN: Endemism
gondee wrote:
Sonnergard wrote:

Here's a good measure as to whether someone is "good enough" to write a guide for the SSX 2012 guide. If you are on my friends list, and you beat my scores, you're good enough to write a guide. And since most everyone on my friends list beats my scores, you are all good enough. :heh

Neither, then. Your list is pretty full. :lol Will give it a thought next time I have a shred session, maybe there's something I can contribute with. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
Jonipoon wrote:
I'm seriously thinking of writing an article called "How to score well with Classic controls"....

i would love that Joni~ :yes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
XBL: Omoikane x8
:lol As soon as I started playing last Tuesday I started working on a list of suits/boards/gear because I knew this was coming. And then I abandoned that idea after a few hours of play having filled over 2 pages worth of "Zoe's Suit (#1856)" and "Rare All-Around Board (level 4)" already. If vix wants to do something for outfits that's cool. I'll consider another approach to boards and gear but I dunno. It looks like a mess. :err

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:34 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
I'm wondering how possible it would be to make a Snowflake gallery like I did with SSX 3. I'm currently replaying 3 at the moment, and I'm using my own maps to both find the snowflakes and see if I missed any.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:47 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
XBL: tendicott
PSN: tendicott
I would like to help but like sonnergard I don't know if I'm good enough. I did think about doing the deadly descents without the required gear in world tour as I have done all of those but I see laidback0378 has already volunteered for that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:49 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
Trick List for classic controls

Copy&Paste from my post:
Quote:
PS3/XBOX
Non Uber:
L1/LB: Nose Grab
L2/LT: Melon
R1/RB: Crail
R2/RT: Indy
L1 L2/LB LT: Mute
R1 R2/RB RT: Stalefish
L1 R1/LB RB: Truckdriver
L2 R2/RB RT: Rocket
L1 R2/LB RT: Flying Squirrel
R1 L2/RB LT: Stiffy

(PD: There are one more called Seatbelt, but I don't know what combination of buttons is, but I'm sure that is 2+ buttons at the same time)

If you Tweak (Square or whatever) you'll get a Tweaked Trick (Nothing new :heh )
If you have Blue Tricky or Normal Über you'll get a Über trick. (Nothing new again :D )
For example: If you press L1/LB and and Tweak Button with normal Über you'll get a "Über Nose Grab Tweak"
But here comes the problem: The "Switch". If you do one trick in switch stance you'll get another trick. So if you do an L2/LT Trick (Melon) in Switch stance you'll get an Indy. It converts the "L" on "R" but it doesn't convert the "1" in "2". So L1->R1 in Switch but R2 isn't R1, is L2.

Oh, and those are the Super Tricky/Super Über Tricks:

L1/LB: Sidewinder
L2/LT: Skycsraper
R1/RB: Submersible
R2/RT: Waaay Back
L1 L2/LB LT: All You Can Eat
R1 R2/RB RT: Blackbird
L1 R1/LB RB: Sledgehammer
L2 R2/RB RT: Checkin' the Nose
L1 R2/LB RT: Huge in Europe
R1 L2/RB LT: Cradle May Fail
L1 L2 R1/LB LT RB: Royal Flush
L1 R1 R2/LB RB RT: Stay Frosty
L1 L2 R1 R2/LB LT RB RT:Special Über (For Zoe: Pommel Me. For Mac: Walking the Dog)

The Switch thing is for Super Übers too :rolleyes

I'll glad if you find it useful :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
The Classic controls above are missing two tricks:
L1 L2 R1/LB LT RB: Seatbelt
L1 R1 R2/LB RB RT: Tail Grab

And here are the grabs in Standard:
(stick directions, easily converted to buttons for either console)

basic
L - Melon / Switch Indy --> Skyscraper / Switch Waaay Back
R - Indy / Switch Melon --> Waay Back / Switch Skyscraper
U - Rocket / Switch Rocket --> Checkin' the Nose / Switch Checkin' the Nose
D - Truckdriver / Switch Truckdriver --> Sledgehammer / Switch Sledgehammer

better
LU - Nosegrab / Switch Crail --> Sidewinder / Switch Submersible
RU - Crail / Switch Nosegrab --> Submersible / Switch Sidewinder
LD - Seatbelt / Switch Tail Grab --> Royal Flush / Switch Stay Frosty
RD - Tail Grab / Switch Seatbelt --> Stay Frosty / Switch Royal Flush
UL - Flying Squirrel / Switch Stiffy --> Huge In Europe / Switch Cradle May Fall
UR - Stiffy / Switch Flying Squirrel --> Cradle May Fall / Switch Huge In Europe

best
LR - Mute / Switch Stalefish --> All You Can Eat / Switch Blackbird
RL - Stalefish / Switch Mute --> Blackbird / Switch All You Can Eat

signature
any grab + tweak (R2/RT) + grind (L2/LT)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
XBL: OniPandApple
I call dibs on the wingsuit general usage and tips guide :D

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 5 [ 102 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5