Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:08 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:41 am  Post subject: On The Spot - Edit: New vid and an article  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/features/ ... /index.php

Quote:
Who needs consoles? This week's show features a wide array of games on the go, spanning two whole handheld systems! On the Nintendo DS we'll play Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales and an imported version of Wario: Master of Disguise. Over on the Sony PSP, we'll play Burnout Dominator and 300: March to Glory. Plus we'll dive in with flOw on the PS3, take a look at SSX Blur for the Wii, and check out the bonus DVD for God of War II. On top of all that, Brian Ekberg reports in with all the games he could find at the NBA All-Star Game!

The best part of any episode of On the Spot is our interaction with you. Be sure to catch the live broadcast for your chance to ask us questions using the handy built-in form. Plus paid subscribers can chat with fellow viewers and GameSpot editors while watching the show in higher resolution!

We'll see you live right here, each and every Thursday at 4 p.m. PST, 7 p.m. EST, and Friday at midnight for our friends on the west coast of Europe.

Last edited by vix on Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:39 pm  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
I wasn't able to see the show on my 3 web browsers, any one saw it?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:08 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
They ended up not covering it...next week.

There's a new vid and article up at gamespot though

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/ssxb ... id=6166300

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:17 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Watch the interview, it's pretty damn cool. I think Blur is shaping up nicely.

You know how I'm looking at this game? Like what On Tour SHOULD have been, that way I'm not bitter about the repeatable tracks. :no

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:28 pm  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
Already read the preview, thanks for the info anyway.

You know what I'm seeing? People hyping this game, something that didn't actually happen with On Tour. Most of all, I see dozens of guys on GS boards who have never played an SSX before asking if they should buy the game, interested in it, saying good things. Everyone is labeling Blur as one of the best Wii games so far, the press says wonders as well.

EA took the risk of releasing this on Wii only and they nailed everything - lots of new people are gonna come into the series, the sales are gonna be huge, etc, etc. I wasn't expecting this at all, but EA has surprised me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:31 pm  Post subject:   
Yeah, seriously, I think it's going to be good. It looks good - granted, it's a rehash of SSX 3 and On Tour, but it's on the Wii. And it's got the personality back, packaged in a slick framework that is really appealing.

I am hyped about this game now that I've seen more than screenshots. And it's only like 5 days away. :woot

Quote:
The center of the experience is the radio station framework that features commentary from a DJ and cycles the different tunes you'll hear as you play

Radio BIG may "officially" be gone, but at least they have Atomika giving little bits and pieces.

Dudes, I'm seriously liking the look of the game, I think it looks slick.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:19 am  Post subject:   
Quote:
The center of the experience is the radio station framework that features commentary from a DJ and cycles the different tunes you'll hear as you play.
:woot

Quote:
the racers don't seem quite as chatty as they've been in previous games
:frusty

Like I said several times before, this game looks much better than OT and it 's definitely something I would enjoy thoroughly. I'm very excited about the improved look, the music and the return of characters' personalities . EA definitely learned SOMETHING from the mistakes they made in OT.

I'm still however loathing wii and their lame controller. It's a shame that in every single interview the implementation of the wii mote is heralded as the biggest "improvement" to the series . It is not. You just press different buttons and wave the stupid controller rather than holding it still to do the same stuff you did in the previous games. EA bragging about how basically a new control scheme is this HUGE, and sadly, main improvement Blur will bring to the series is comparable to movie studios listing trailers or interactive menus as a special feature on their DVDs when there's clearly nothing special about them.

Despite my criticism I still love everything I've heard/seen so far about this game.

One more thing. Do you guys remember when they started advertising the other games on TV? I wonder how soon we'll see commercials for Blur? I can't wait to see them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:32 pm  Post subject:   
Even though the riders may not seem as chatty, I'm fairly certain they can't be any LESS chatty than they were in On Tour, so it's guaranteed to be a step up. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:40 pm  Post subject:   
Yeah, you do have a point there, G. :lol

*prays for pre-OT voices*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:47 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
I believe there is another vid up at gamespot, official trailer 3 i think. My internet has been acting up all day so I'm not positive.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:46 am  Post subject:   
vix wrote:
I believe there is another vid up at gamespot, official trailer 3 i think. My internet has been acting up all day so I'm not positive.

It does say Official Trailer 3, but it's the same gameplay vid we had a short while back with the guy playing who has the thumb tatoo.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]