Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:08 am  Post subject: Aloha Ice Jam - Race Record  
I achieved a record in Aloha Ice Jam - Race (1:26.91) (WR)
It takes ages to get the shortcut at the beginning perfectly!

Check it out here:

Last edited by FatherTed on Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:38 am  Post subject: Re: Aloha Ice Jam - Race Record  
SSX Tricky: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Showoff: #3
i really hate to break it you man, but i have the WR with 1:26.64

plus i set this record like, 2 months ago :shrug

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:12 am  Post subject: Re: Aloha Ice Jam - Race Record  
I'll need to beat your record then!

Why doesn't this website update more often?!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:52 am  Post subject: Re: Aloha Ice Jam - Race Record  
SSX Tricky: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Showoff: #3
yeah i didn't post it cause the scoreboard doesn't really get updated anymore

good luck on beating this. i really hope you do, not cause its bad, but it would motivate me to play aloha ice jam again :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:32 am  Post subject: Re: Aloha Ice Jam - Race Record  
just curious, but how did you find that shortcut at the start? i got a 1:23 on this course after i "found" this shortcut on my own. but now, i'm thinking i wasn't the first to find it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqQ229V9J0s

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:34 pm  Post subject: Re: Aloha Ice Jam - Race Record  
I found that shortcut at the beginning on my own (as well as some other out of bounds jumps that don't save any time).

But 1:23 is very impressive :thumbsup
It looks like I got a lot of work to do in order to beat that time...

And also if anyone else has better times on this course tell me because I don't want to think I've beaten the record when in fact I haven't!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Aloha Ice Jam - Race Record  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
xcon wrote:
yeah i didn't post it cause the scoreboard doesn't really get updated anymore

Yeah man I'm really sorry about the scoreboard. It barely works anymore and it takes so long to update that I don't want to fight with it. Every time I try to update the scoreboard teh fucking thing logs me out. The last time what should have taken 15 minutes took several hours and about a million relogins.

Do you see that garbage warning text that pops up after you make a post? Our board is getting really old and it's conflicting with a lot of the stuff our host puts on the server to prevent exploits. I need to think about what the next steps in our community is going to be, because our bulletin board version is too old to run well on current servers.

It might be time to retire the scoreboard and upgrade the forum to the newest version of the scoreboard or something.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Aloha Ice Jam - Race Record  
SSX 3: Showoff: #1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #1
gondee wrote:
It might be time to retire the scoreboard and upgrade the forum to the newest version of the scoreboard or something.

YEAH Gondee i saw that weird text above when we post something, please , if is necessary, update the merqurycity to be compatible with the new type of serves ( or something like that, i really suck at it so i barelly understand how it work) if you found some trouble, we have a lot of capable people to help on it like Xcon, Rithek and Daggyboy and others, don't Let Merqurycity die! have a tons of people that still follow and subbmit scores and stuff!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Aloha Ice Jam - Race Record  
Hi Fliper. I meant we might have to upgrade the forum software (phpbb) to the newest version to make sure it runs better without all the errors.

However, if we do this, a LOT of the site will break entirely. The scoreboard, Master Runs, Scoreboard rankings and a lot of other features that depend on the forum very likely will stop working.

At that point, we would really only have a forum, and nothing else. So I'm not really in a hurry to do that. However, as you can see, the forum is throwing errors all over the place just because I can't really upgrade it nor can I find someone to do it for me. I've tried many times.

If anyone knows a good modder for phpbb3, let me know. I've hunted the forums many times and have had no luck at all. :shrug So I'm kind of in a catch-22. If I upgrade the software, the best features of the site will stop working. But it's slowly degrading because I can't upgrade the site.

EDIT: I found a dude I think might work, I asked for a quote - let's hope that it's reasonable. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:23 am  Post subject: Re: Aloha Ice Jam - Race Record  
The captcha form on this forum is totally broken - it does not show any code properly so it is impossible to answer correctly! :(

The website definitely needs updating or we risk putting off potential contributors.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Aloha Ice Jam - Race Record  
I turned off the captcha form after someone reported that to me. It doesn't show up when I try to register. Is there some browser where it does? :???

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:35 am  Post subject: Re: Aloha Ice Jam - Race Record  
If you exceed the maximum number of login attempts it asks you to enter a code from an image, but the image it displays says it can't be displayed because it "contains errors."

Tried on both Firefox and Chrome with no luck.

I managed to get around it by clicking on the activate account link in a new password email. Seemed to reset the counter for number of attempts at logging in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Aloha Ice Jam - Race Record  
FatherTed wrote:
If you exceed the maximum number of login attempts it asks you to enter a code from an image, but the image it displays says it can't be displayed because it "contains errors."

Tried on both Firefox and Chrome with no luck.

I managed to get around it by clicking on the activate account link in a new password email. Seemed to reset the counter for number of attempts at logging in.

Oye. :rolleyes What a nightmare. Thank you for letting me know, I wish I'd known about this sooner. I've turned off the capcha for logins.

That's a pretty big bug. I wonder how many more there are lurking about like that. That's why it's high time to come to a decision about the future of the site. If it's not fixable it might be time to change one way or another. I'm in the process of getting this stuff worked out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Aloha Ice Jam - Race Record  
SSX 3: Showoff: #1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #1
gondee wrote:
Oye. :rolleyes What a nightmare. Thank you for letting me know, I wish I'd known about this sooner. I've turned off the capcha for logins.

That's a pretty big bug. I wonder how many more there are lurking about like that. That's why it's high time to come to a decision about the future of the site. If it's not fixable it might be time to change one way or another. I'm in the process of getting this stuff worked out.

Hey Gondee how the things about the site server update its going? any news?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Aloha Ice Jam - Race Record  
fliper wrote:
Hey Gondee how the things about the site server update its going? any news?

I'm in the process of trying to find a modder to upgrade our mods for the newest version of phpBB. This is tough because upgrading mods from old versions to new versions of the board can be very expensive.

So if I can find someone who can do the mods for a reasonable price, I will move forward. Otherwise, the next step is to upgrade to the bulletin board version but the old mods will have to be removed and the existing records and master runs pages will be archived for records purposes and won't be updated any more.

Given the near complete lack of activity on the board I'm a little split on how much an expensive upgrade would be worth it. Hardly anyone posts any more and I don't particularly have the passion for web design I did at one time. My life has changed quite a bit and I find it hard to find the time and motivation to devote to it.

But, and this is my first choice, I would like to continue the legacy of Merqury City. Even though all the best players have moved over to Twitch and Discord, there is still a lot of history here. It's not expensive to host the site, and I don't mind leaving it up. I'd prefer to do that, especially with mods intact if I can. :D

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]