Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:02 pm  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
2.85 Mesa now, steadily improving

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:40 am  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
I just broke 3 million in Mesablanca, holy shit..

Just wish I did this before this game became 18 years old, lol.

I think this is the best run I`ve ever done. And sorry for filming with my iPhone SE, I just didn`t expect this to happen when I started playing this game again. I have saved the replay, I`ll see what I can do and rerecord this possibly.

And btw, I think I`ll go for 3.1 +, or maybe even 3.2 +. I`m not finished with this track yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc8X54a_PmQ&t=17s

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:09 pm  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
Pipedream: 3,690,350

This happened pretty much out of nowhere. Got the two 5x flakes in the last pipe with SS-SS-WTD on both flakes netting 300 k on both. 4 million would be the score to go for here.

Snowdream: 2,467,320

This run was very good overall, but I missed 70 k towards the end and there`s room for improvement on other things as well. I think I can beat Rashid Khan`s 2.545 million, and go for 2.6 million. Time is scarce in this track, so it requires not wasting time and timing the jumping off rails, ramps and the backwards fence leading to the 3x is very hard to do it all in one run, with the backwards fence being possibly the hardest, since there`s a small window between hitting that 3x and not. I`m somewhat consistent up to the backwards fence, but that part ruins many of the runs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:21 pm  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Dang dude, you're really on a tear these last few days. Are you playing on console or emulator?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:50 pm  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
I`m playing on PS2. Found an unused controller at my father`s place, pretty much a brand new PS2 controller and I was like WHAT? They`re not supposed to appear all of a sudden, like catching a Mewtwo out in the wild in Pokemon Go.. Almost.. Man, I really thought I preferred GameCube, but I must say, even after all these years, I think I prefer the PS2 controller despite setting all my previous records on GameCube with the exception of the 3.6 million Garibaldi :yes

And now.. 3,730,480 Garibaldi! This run was pretty DAMN good. I think 4 million would be of course the dream score to shoot for, but getting an extra 270 k seems... well, HARD, to say the least. I must say my confidence in improving this score is not very good :eek There`s one particular strat from the TAS runs I can`t get consistent at at all, so I modified that part of the run, but losing around 130 k there by basically skipping that jump on every attempt. The strat I`m talking about is 1:00 in AverageTrey`s 3.411 Garibaldi run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly-tRypLxXc
Hats off to him to execute it in a real run. :china

If Kelecat, Rashid Khan or koeiproginator could give me some input on that strat, it would be greatly appreciated. I also tend to land on the wrong spot after the backwards fence before that jump. So basically before the jump in 1:00 in AverageTrey`s video. Hard to explain..

It`s like I got a better feel for all of the tracks than before. I wonder what I can do in EA, Merq. AIJ and Alaska. (Maybe 5 mill, 5 mill, 2 mill and 5 mill respectively? I`m open for the possibility). Tokyo`s not really on my mind, that track is just stupidly hard and I don`t think I`ll even attempt it. Same could be said for the 5 million EA I guess, the halfpipe is just so ridiculous.

The Snowdream run, Pipedream run and Garibaldi run will be uploaded to YT soon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:08 pm  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
I checked my GameCube memory card for scores to see what my old records were.

And I found a GEM..It turns out I got 2.1 million in AIJ, and I broke 2 million three times in total(!?) As far as I could remember my highest was 1.85 million. I tried to find a saved replay, but no luck. Nothing on Youtube or in the videos folder on my phone either.

But considering I did 2 million three times, I think doing another 2 million+ run should absolutely be doable.

EDIT: So I tried AIJ again, and this seems very promising :yes This is perhaps the track I`m best at in the whole game. 2.2 million is possible, but that`s pushing it a bit already, requires pretty much a perfect run without TAS strats.. Higher than that and some TAS strats would be absolutely necessary. Not gonna see 2.3 million, of that I am sure. Maybe if I get lucky with one of the strats and manage to hit everything else. :shrug But then again, many of the strats in TAS runs I`ll never be able to perform in a real run. Not a chance. With the exception of bumping into the boat at the very end with an uber trick, maybe I could get consistent at that.

And I forgot to specify when I said PS2 gondee, but I meant console and not PSCXR or other emulator. Perhaps I`ll try some GC console also

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:31 pm  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
So I decided not to go for AIJ for now, and try Merqury City instead.

This track is really tough once you go over 4 million, but I managed to get 4.22 million after some days of working on this track. 100 k was lost that I get about 95 % of the time I would guess, so that sucks. Some jumps were also suboptimal in terms of which uber tricks I did. Previously I was talking about the possibility of 5 million, but I just don`t think it`s a reasonable goal to aim for. If I get somewhere around 4.5 or 4.6 million I think I can be happy with my score for good.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:44 pm  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
MCM: 4,444,075

Okay, now we`re talking. Finally starting to see the score climb!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:02 pm  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
AIJ: 2,182,160 :pimp

Had to skip the 2x before the last checkpoint because of very little time.. if it weren`t for that, this would`ve been 2.2 million. Everything went my way.. There`s actually a strat that I`m thinking about incorporating into my runs, which opens up the possibility for 2.3 million. But getting consistent at that is probably impossible.

I`d love to submit this score to the scoreboard Gondee :pimp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:25 pm  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
I`m sorry for making like 10 posts in a row, but I guess some activity is better than no activity! And right now I am the only active player in SSX Tricky as far as I can tell, and I think some people read this thread.. hopefully.. haha

I tried Untracked again for the first time in a really really long time, and after a few runs I did 938 k in.. 4:12!! 900 k sub 4 min. sounds interesting, I think it should be doable

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:28 pm  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
Untracked: 1,168,130

This is pretty much the max you can realistically get with the path that I use. 1.2 or a little above is surely possible, but that requires a perfect ending which is really hard. It`s so bumpy towards the end that it`s hard to really to an uber trick consistently there. But I did 3 ubers through the last jump. I also frame cancelled most places and did 2 ubers instead of a WTD for extra points.

It sucks not having the score show, so you never know when you get penalties though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:12 am  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
Mesablanca: 3,053,715

Definitely getting harder and harder to improve this score. A penalty cost me 15 k(double rodeo WTD) and lost one 2 x flake which cost me 20 k. I also skipped one jump (the 2x after the billboard with 5x) which is around 30 k. Not giving up until I reach 3.1 million+.

The billboard glitch would allow for even higher scores, but it`s really hard to do.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:18 am  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
Finally!
:pimp Mesablanca: 3,146,185 :pimp

This is probably as good as it gets from me... This is my all-time best run for sure.

No missed flakes, no penalties, only a couple of things here and there that could`ve been improved really. Very satisfied with this score!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:27 pm  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
3.1 is nuts. Mesablanca and tricky showoff in general is such a headache for me these days. I still can't break 3 million on garibaldi which is something I've tried to do since I was like 11.

Can someone explain when mac alpine board became meta for racing. I've been trying to get sub 2:12 on Garibaldi and I realize Brodi has probably been replaced

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:35 am  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
Rock AG wrote:
3.1 is nuts. Mesablanca and tricky showoff in general is such a headache for me these days. I still can't break 3 million on garibaldi which is something I've tried to do since I was like 11.

Can someone explain when mac alpine board became meta for racing. I've been trying to get sub 2:12 on Garibaldi and I realize Brodi has probably been replaced

You have no idea how happy I am to see a new post and to hear from you Rock AG!

I am actually not done with Mesablanca yet.. I want to reach 3.2 million, I know those 50 k is likely to squeeze out of that track if I am patient..

Which part(s) of Garibaldi are giving you the most trouble? I`d gladly try to help you :)

One advice that came to mind is to cut the track with the places you don`t need the extra points and still reach 3 million, and only hit the jumps you know you can hit consistently. Don`t know if you can create a new route based on that?
If I remember correctly, your best score was 2.8 some years ago

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:52 pm  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
Snowdream: 2,588,170

Getting really close on Snowdream now. I think I`ll reach 2.65-ish once I can do a run where I can pull off everything that`s realistically possible, and if I am really lucky with the very last 5x it could potentially be upwards of 2.7 million, and also do a WTD on the last 3x.

There are basically two problems with reaching 2.7:

1. Chances are I will play it safe on a 2.6+ run where I coincidentally get enough airtime to do SS-WTD on the last 5x. And the timing for that jump is really difficult if you want to do SS-WTD.

2. Last 3x is crucial for 2.7. You HAVE to do a WTD there in order to reach 2.7 on a non-TAS run. A little too much speed or jumping too late/early from that rail and you basically fail that jump. Not enough airtime or landing on the wrong spot. 70 k is easy to get with a Hand-in-Hand, and that 20 k extra is so much harder using a WTD that it`s really not worth trying and ruining 2.6 even.

Now, combine those two jumps mentioned above and it`s really improbable to do both in the same run. I promise to get 2.6 at least.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:12 am  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
9EDDY2 wrote:
Rock AG wrote:

You have no idea how happy I am to see a new post and to hear from you Rock AG!

I am actually not done with Mesablanca yet.. I want to reach 3.2 million, I know those 50 k is likely to squeeze out of that track if I am patient..

Which part(s) of Garibaldi are giving you the most trouble? I`d gladly try to help you :)

One advice that came to mind is to cut the track with the places you don`t need the extra points and still reach 3 million, and only hit the jumps you know you can hit consistently. Don`t know if you can create a new route based on that?
If I remember correctly, your best score was 2.8 some years ago

My problem specifically are the last 3 5x's. Can never seem to get the jump right to hop on the rail for the first one. For the second one it's pretty much the same, I usually over shoot and just go right off the rail lol. As for the last one, It's not too hard but I tend to jump in the wrong spot and end up just getting the 2x. I'll eventually get it it's just such a hard track to stay on time throughout while getting maximum points.

I've been trying to dust off my PS2 controller the past few days and this is the best I've been able to come up with so far. I forgot how much of a grind Snowdream is.

Great scores Eddy, it's good to talk to you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:16 pm  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
As for the first 5x flake, you shouldn`t use boost, and because of the lack of speed and therefore airtime, I would advice to not do a WTD there. Just make it a priority to land on the rail with a 13 k uber.

For the second flake, use full boost, jump late and tap the joystick with a rapid touch while prewinding just a little before you jump off the rail.

For the third flake, use full boost and jump early, that should send you straight through the flake.

These flakes are definitely not easy, and doing all of them in the same run is hard, I miss them a lot too in fact. Especially the second last flake is damn hard to get consistently.

Couldn`t see the picture, which track and what was your score?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:05 pm  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
Eddy I read through your tips and put a good hour into showoff today. Helped a lot

I got about 4-5 runs averaging 2.7-2.8

Last 5x is way easier, second to last is getting there, the 3rd to last is still a pain but your advice is super helpful.

Right now the biggest headache is trying to be time sensitive. Following the first 5x (at the beginning,) going into a SS-WTD on the 2nd(?) 2x flake and then turning around to grind the gate back up to the 3x is a challenge. However I'm having a lot more fun with it. Felt pretty consistent today.

Trying to grind some good times on Snowdream. I've been getting a few 1:49 times but haven't gotten back to a 1:48 yet. Snowdream is such a grind bc the bridge stick at the end is so crucial. I swear it's like a 2-3 second difference if you don't get it, which is purley based on chance. I've seen some runs where kelecat grinds the stands at the end as well as goes through a gate glitch but I wanna say those are emulator glitches or something. I can't seem to get them on PS2. Either way I'm really gunning for a 1:47 snowdream time. That would be good enough for me to call it on that track. Soon I'd like to hop back on garibaldi and alaska race to see what I can improve. It's been fun playing again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:20 am  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
Sounds like you`ll reach 3 million very soon, glad to hear my advice was helpful!

Rock AG wrote:
Right now the biggest headache is trying to be time sensitive. Following the first 5x (at the beginning,) going into a SS-WTD on the 2nd(?) 2x flake and then turning around to grind the gate back up to the 3x is a challenge. However I'm having a lot more fun with it. Felt pretty consistent today.

Yes, a very time demanding path. Do you go forward on the main track after that, or do you rail backwards to the 3x? I`m assuming you go backwards?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:25 am  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
Pipedream: 3,800,820

Very good run. After this run I can confidently say that 4 million + is possible in Pipedream. Maybe even 4.2 is humanly possible. I missed about 180 k in this run with a sub-optimal pipe at the end, but hit both 5x flakes with SS-SS-WTD, like the 3.69 run.

EDIT: 3.9 million now! Getting there.. I missed a 5x flake that I usually get, losing out on about 150 k points. So would`ve been 4.05 million in that case. Just need the one run where I hit almost everything.

From here on I will not spam this topic with like 10 posts in a row.. Gondee, can you delete my posts from this page, excluding the ones where I talk to Rock AG? I can make one big post where I discuss the different tracks instead of spamming the topic with many posts in a row.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:56 pm  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
3.07 on Garabaldi :pimp

At long last. I had a couple of good 2.7-2.8 runs that I choked on at the end, one of them could've potentially been a 3.2 run if I hadn't blown it.

I'm super happy though, I feel a lot more comfortable on the track. I'd like to study some more runs for different showoff tracks and see what else I can grind.

As for racing, I'm kinda burnt on snowdream. I got a 1:49:05 run recently but that's about it. There's some gate glitch at the end that seems to be available on emulators and gamecubes but no matter how many times I try I can't seem to get it for the PS2. I think my next race goal will be sub 2:20 on MCM. We'll see how that goes.

I'd love to see that Pipedream run Eddy. Great score

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:55 pm  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
Congratulations! Great stuff, I knew you had it in you when you got several 2.7-2.8 runs.

Still struggling with Pipedream, crossing the 4 million mark there is a really tough one. Taken into account the 5.1 million TAS run by Kelecat, one would think that 4 million should be quite doable. But yeah, even 4 million is a really tough one to get, even though it is over 1 million less points. :eek But then again, 5.1 million TAS is likely unbeatable, like 99.999 % perfect or so, so maybe it`s no surprise that 1.1 million below that is hard even...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:24 pm  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
I'm not sure when I'll be able to tackle pipedream or elysium alps. I'm so bad at half pipes in tricky showoff.

Did a 2.9 run on garibaldi with a bunch of mistakes, if I'm correct it could've easily been 3.3 so I'll be grinding that soon.

Took a stab at snowdream showoff yesterday and managed to get 1.9 with less than a second left on the run. Couldn't quite figure out how to get back up the track after hitting the first 5x which ended up taking a lot of time but I think I've figured it out. I'd like to shoot for 2.2 if possible.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:19 am  Post subject: Re: My records, post yours  
3.3 million is a very nice score on Garibaldi, good luck!

I was considering making an April fools joke yesterday about a 4.5 million Pipedream run, but realized that it was probably way too easy to tell.. My highest score is still 3.9 mill.

Rock AG wrote:

Took a stab at snowdream showoff yesterday and managed to get 1.9 with less than a second left on the run. Couldn't quite figure out how to get back up the track after hitting the first 5x which ended up taking a lot of time but I think I've figured it out. I'd like to shoot for 2.2 if possible.

Never thought about the fact that the first 5x in Snowdream comes kinda late in the track, I really had to think for a moment there.. But I digress. I`d like to give you some input if you don`t mind. :)

I tend to take a big turn to the right before I turn to the left to the fence and jump early. That way you don`t risk bumping into the top of the fence rather than landing on the top of it. I found this strat difficult at first but keep at it and you`ll be more comfortable with it with time. Part of the problem is hitting the 5x as you jump on the fence, sometimes, but you`ll probably get a feel for how to not hit the 5x also.

In order to hit the 3x you should actually jump pretty early, boost to full speed and once you reach full speed you jump. It`ll feel like you jump too early probably. Contrary to what seems more logical, that is, jumping later, that actually doesn`t make you jump as long and miss the 3x.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166

Jump to:  

Information
Page 166 of 166 [ 4150 posts ]  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166