Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:51 pm  Post subject: How is the community here?  
What do you guys think about the community on this site? Can you give me your very honest opinion? I'm new here so I'm wanting to know how people treat each others here.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:54 pm  Post subject: Re: How is the community here?  
SSX 3: Racing: #1SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1SSX 3: Overall: #1SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 8
  • Overall Best Players: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #3
First of all, welcome, hope you'll enjoy your stay.

Now, you shouldn't expect too much activity from this community. Not that much happens anymore, really. Activity levels have been dropping for some years now, and while you'll see the odd post every now and again, it will for the most part be pretty dead.

That said, it is a lovely community with people who are tight-knit and support one another. Many know each other on a personal level as well. It's a very good place in my opinion, just not super active.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:58 pm  Post subject: Re: How is the community here?  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Hi sketchyboi14

I think 898ppp hit the nail of the head really, but any mention of a new SSX then this place just explodes :) You have been a member for a year now so I'm sure you have seen posts through that time.

In short we're a good bunch and welcome anyone into our SSX family

[yeti]

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:52 pm  Post subject: Re: How is the community here?  
Yeti wrote:
Hi sketchyboi14

I think 898ppp hit the nail of the head really, but any mention of a new SSX then this place just explodes :) You have been a member for a year now so I'm sure you have seen posts through that time.

In short we're a good bunch and welcome anyone into our SSX family

[yeti]

I signed up a year ago but never logged on and was active until like 3 days ago. So I haven't been updated on anything.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:16 pm  Post subject: Re: How is the community here?  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Hi Sketch,

Sure, it's slow. The life of the community is dependent on the life of the game and there hasn't been an SSX for 5 years now. (Hard to believe. :eek)

I'm still intending on keeping the community around, even if it's not exactly "alive." :heh

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:27 pm  Post subject: Re: How is the community here?  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
Welcome :) I´ll start by saying this: I´m always happy to see new people around, even though I´m not as active here any longer, as with many other newer and longtime members.

Unfortunately, a game can only give you the most entertainment for only a period of time, and after that you´ll often feel the need for something new, which hasn´t been provided for the longest time now, hence the decreasing activity. One could also put other factors into the equation as well I guess.

I think of games a little like movies sometimes; the majority of people may think the first in the series are the best, then after a certain point(say fifth or sixth movie) the interest starts decreasing more and more. I think it´s noteworthy how people still play the early games in the series competitively to this day, about 15 years after their release. I don´t have the feeling the same would happen to the later games in the future.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:26 pm  Post subject: Re: How is the community here?  
9EDDY2 wrote:
Welcome :) I´ll start by saying this: I´m always happy to see new people around, even though I´m not as active here any longer, as with many other newer and longtime members.

Unfortunately, a game can only give you the most entertainment for only a period of time, and after that you´ll often feel the need for something new, which hasn´t been provided for the longest time now, hence the decreasing activity. One could also put other factors into the equation as well I guess.

I think of games a little like movies sometimes; the majority of people may think the first in the series are the best, then after a certain point(say fifth or sixth movie) the interest starts decreasing more and more. I think it´s noteworthy how people still play the early games in the series competitively to this day, about 15 years after their release. I don´t have the feeling the same would happen to the later games in the future.

Yeah I agree. I've been playing SSX since I was 4 years old. I'm 20 now. That's the only game series I've never gotten sick of. I seriously feel like it's the best game series ever.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:15 pm  Post subject: Re: How is the community here?  
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
I show up once a year to say hi. Hi.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:49 pm  Post subject: Re: How is the community here?  
Make a good topic I'll post in that shit.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:11 am  Post subject: Re: How is the community here?  
PSN: jonipooon
I guess I'll stop by and say welcome as well!

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]