Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:50 pm  Post subject: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
Hey there Merqurycity, I am Rithek a self proclaimed speedrunner and streamer on twitch. I have for you today a speedrun of SSX 3 however it isn’t a straight forward run through the events and tracks nor is it 100% completion (though I want to do that at some point). The run that I do is titled “425 snowflakes” or “100% collectibles” and you guessed it, it is a speedrun in which I get all the snowflakes in the game in as fast of a time as I possibly can. I have spent about a month and a half routing out all the tracks and stations and just a few days ago started running this category live on my stream. Now let me preface by saying that this run by no means is a master run there are many mistakes still and a lot of room for improvement in terms of the routing. That being said I clock this run in at 1:32:25 after only 3 full completions (which I am pretty happy with the result in so few attempts). Below I have provided both a link and an embedded YouTube video of my current best run (that will most likely be replaced by a faster run later this week.)

http://www.twitch.tv/rithek/v/22934238

If you have more questions about the run or the route I direct you to this document I have started building on the speedrun here: https://goo.gl/BffLwi

Additionally if you enjoyed my run or have questions about the run that the document doesn’t cover you are more than welcome to stop by my stream at http://www.twitch.tv/rithek (I stream every weekday at 1PM EST) or hit me up on twitter @Rithek_ I am always happy to discuss almost anything SSX 3 Related so don’t feel shy!

Anyways that is all I have for now. If there is interest I will update this thread with any improved times (as I’m sure there will be) in the future.

Thank you for checking out my run and take care!

Rithek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:07 am  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
This is insane, congratulations, dude! I can just barely be bothered to attempt new races that take around 2 minutes, I have no idea where you go the motivation to plan out and practice a run that takes over an hour and a half! Also, what's funny is that you managed to get all the snowflakes in the game in about an hour and half, whereas I still don't have them all after like 5 years. :lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:33 am  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
Hey Rithek and welcome. I've heard about you and your runs from Insetik when I commented a youtube video of his.
Very interesting run (haven't watched the whole thing yet but will soon). Great to see the game in a new light too, not just the standard master runs.
I've been thinking about trying to run this game, and maybe try out all gold or all platinum medals or something. It would be very casually though, since I'm mainly sticking to, and working on single freestyle events :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:22 am  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
Thank you both for your kind words :D

The thing is Kubi, prior to starting to route this speedrun I had barely gotten any of the snowflakes so it was a pretty interesting experience for me to not only find them all but to try and route them for speed as well. I have no doubt that I will find better ways to get them all over time as well.

Mysticinvasion, I have actually done an all plat run of the game (just the freestyle and race events) and it clocked in at about 4 hours because I accidentally had to redo the all peak jam. Someone else did a run as well and I think they cut the time by an hour which is pretty reasonable (It may have been Insetik I don’t really remember). I think if you really practiced it you could get the run down to at least 2:30 but it’s still a pretty long run just because of the multiple heats you have to do.

My Next project that I will be doing with SSX 3, Probably next year at this point is to do a 100% speedrun (100% as in 100% on the All peak menu… so I won’t need plats to my understanding) but this shouldn’t take all that long to route seeing as I have the hard part (The snowflakes) all found already.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:27 am  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
But surely, if you want to speed run the game, platinum medals are advantageous, right?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:29 am  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
That's really only true for the race events Kubi, In the freestyle events I will most likely want to just go fast and pick up as many snowflakes during a heat as I can for that kind of run. There is a lot of things to consider and condense in a run with such a large scope.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:10 pm  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
Hey there guys,

Just got a new best time: 1:26:53 - This run is quite a bit better and I'm sure we will get the time down even further in the coming weeks! My current sum of best is 1:20:23 so If I can beat that time I would be thrilled!

I am currently uploading this run to YouTube as we speak so the video might not show right away in this thread but I will also include a link below the video to my twitch highlights where you can watch it.

http://www.twitch.tv/rithek/v/23200526

Hope you enjoy the run!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:56 pm  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
SSX 3: Racing: #1SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1SSX 3: Overall: #1SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 8
  • Overall Best Players: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #3
Hi Rithek,

I was there to witness the epicness live!

This run is really quite solid. You're approaching some properly amazing times, keep consistently breaking PBs and 1:20 will come very soon, I'm sure. Keep going at it, best of luck! I also am impressed by how often you seem to devise new strats, but that's to expect from someone who routed this complex run on their own, I suppose.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:43 am  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
Haha I appreciate it, hopefully this week we will get another PB and bring that sum of best down even further!

To be fair part of the reason I come up with new strats so often is the fact that I am the only one who routed it so there is still plenty of optimization to do since I am the only one working on it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:12 pm  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
Rithek wrote:
My Next project that I will be doing with SSX 3, Probably next year at this point is to do a 100% speedrun (100% as in 100% on the All peak menu… so I won’t need plats to my understanding) but this shouldn’t take all that long to route seeing as I have the hard part (The snowflakes) all found already.

He's in too deep, boys. Have mercy on his soul.

(Yeah, I did an All Medals run after you but twitch would never export it (Yeah, I'm Insetik on my 12 year old account))

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 pm  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Wow I missed this - very cool man! I'm going to post this on the front page since it's a cool idea. Hopefully it will spur some more competition for ya. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:20 am  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
Thanks Gondee, I appreciate the front page love! I’d love to see more people participate in this run as well! I also noticed you snagged my 100th follower place on twitch so thanks for that as well!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:36 pm  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
:heh Yeah, I followed because I love seeing people play the game. Just listening to the sound effects was a huge nostalgia trip for me. If I can't watch during the day I'll definitely tune in to the VODs. :yes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:45 pm  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
Sounds good, hope to catch you live one time :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:51 pm  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
SSX 3: Racing: #1SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1SSX 3: Overall: #1SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
You know, I don't think I'll be proper competition anytime soon, but I just did all the peak three ones for fun. I'll check out your PB run and compare my peak 3 splits. :P

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:20 pm  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
Hey 898ppp, No need to compare the splits... cause I have new ones. You motivated me to see what kind of time I could get on peak 3 since I have only ever attempted just peak 3 twice! The result was a 24:23.78 time with a a few major mistakes (The main one being I lost a snowflake on The Throne). I think a 21 minute time is very doable and maybe even lower if the run is perfect.

Run:

Splits:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:58 am  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
Jesus, well I just got bitchslapped. Really solid run, great job on it! Some of these splits are really good, I need to learn from your Gravitude path especially. That sub 5 KD is also worthy of standing ovation. I would appreciate if you looked at mine and gave some constructive feedback, also. ^^

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:41 am  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
Not at all 989ppp, your run is still extremely good for only having attempted it 3 times... I did extensive routing before I did my first couple attempts and obviously I have been doing snowflakes a lot longer. I have no doubt you will be right down there in the 20s with a bit more practice! As for your run I watched it and we can go over it during my stream if that works for you. I also want to show you my setup for perpendiculous because it helps A LOT with consistency.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:15 pm  Post subject: Re: 425 Snowflakes Speedrun  
I finally went and did it... New PB / WR for this speedrun on my stream today. I ended up beating my old time by over 6 minutes! Here is the new run completed in 1:20:31 - Sub 1:20 is just on the horizon!

Hope you all enjoy!

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]