Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:57 am  Post subject: New possible glitch in ssx tricky showoff ????  
Hey, sup

Alpmaster: so you decided to come slittering back you asshole
Me: ehh, somewhat. for competitive? then no. for glitch finding? i dont see why not.

jokes aside. anyways,

Peter Kristo (PeterGlassJar) and i have been extensively investigating a possible glitch in the showoff sector of tricky that would change showoff mode forever.

Example: 100 million garibaldi

so whats the exploited glitch? probably wont publicly share it if it gets discovered. why? heres a little flashback

back in the day, the players of tricky would come up with lines and routes and would never publicly share them (lol) "figure it out yourself" so i feel the same with this.

i remember alpmaster specifically said to me:

Alp: aww poor baby, does someone need to watch someone elses route without figuring out on their own?
Me: haha, well maybe you can figure the glitch out for yourself if it gets found

good times. alpmaster senpai :3

and after extensively reading my previous topic again, ive realized a few things:

yes the autism remark does seem out of hand, but the other half of me is just laughing. mainly because of the fact that there are still people that believe in cyber bullying which is always hilarious to me. lol, sorry if u disagree. u cant just come to the internet and expect this NOT to happen. as a twitch moderator of a popular streamer (AverageTrey), i see this shit all the time, sometimes u just need to learn what sarcasm means

alpmaster, u always doubt so nothing to say here, i still love ya tho x)

rest of the people except rock ag, u guys seem to be the only people that refer to me as being "skilled, but at the same, unskilled" lol

rastapo, listen, i know you hate me, but i was really excited to hear that u are still alive, even if you dont play 3 anymore, thats still really cool

rock ag, wow you're one of the only people that has made me genuinely laugh. its your post and ssx4ever's post in 2004 that has made me genuinely laugh. just keep in mind, im not serious, ever. aside from all that, your recent race times are awesome, keep em up. and im glad to see that you're back in SSX

city lights, ill admit, that made me laugh just as much as much rock did. i know i sound dickhead-ish, but honestly "defending from the cyber bully" situation is always funny

gondee, i only did garibaldi and snowdream live runs because ive come to realize: im the only one competing, why am i doing this. i feel like im just wasting my time. spending THIS much time into SSX feels extremely degenerate. there isnt like 100 other people competing otherwise i would still play.

ZreknarF

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:09 pm  Post subject: Re: New possible glitch in ssx tricky showoff ????  
It's pretty clear to me from your post that you know absolutely nothing about this community, because if you did:

You would know that we are not the rest of the internet. This is the most accepting community I've ever come across and we DO expect this stuff not to happen.

You would know that this board has a huge Autistic contingent, that we have a thread in the Playground dedicated to members of our forum who are Autistic. This is a safe place for them to be who they are without being stereotyped or judged, and you're mistaken if I won't fight attitudes like yours to keep it that way. And despite your misconceptions, I have been around the internet long enough to know that "sarcasm" is a lazy excuse that's trotted out every time someone gets called out for something they thought they could get away with.

You would know that no one on this board is irreplaceable. Every day we have members coming and going, and every game cycle we have hundreds of fresh faces, many of whom join the competitive scene here. You would know that many people before you have come in with this type of "I can do whatever I want" self-important attitude and it has never worked for them.

Despite all this, you decided to make a "Fuck you" post and drag the community that you never took the chance to meet into your drama, particularly the Autistic members of this board who had nothing to do with this controversy. Now you haven't taken the hint after your lock and decided to dredge all this up again, continuing one of the saddest displays I've seen in my four years here, which says a lot considering I've seen scoreboard controversies 50x larger and much nastier than this.

You can continue your irreverent and childish attitude here, laughing in the face of members who are genuinely bothered by your behavior, as long as you have posting privileges. But know this—this very attitude you wear like a badge is the reason this community doesn't respect you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:52 pm  Post subject: Re: New possible glitch in ssx tricky showoff ????  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
Can I just add, in my opinion, anyone that uses disability as an offence to insult or negatively-depict others don't even know what that disability is or what it does to someone. Seriously, there's tons of stuff about autism everywhere. Why don't you go do some research before you learn to show autism in a negative fashion. You'd probably understand that it's not 'bad' and that it affects everyone DIFFERENTLY (look up the spectrum).

I'd like to thank citylights for standing up towards this community and I agree that what happened with you in this bizarre situation rarely occurs on here. To be honest, I only remember one person being this childish in the past and he made me look like a right fucking asshole. I get the same reaction whenever my disability is shown negatively, especially on this site directly. Most of the time my tolerance level is low but on here, speaking to mainly everyone on this site, it's pretty disturbing for me to hear.

Also looking at that 'fuck you' post, I've come to learn that you have an arrogant puerile mind which probably indicates why you're slamming the autistic community. Even quoting back from what Alpmaster and RockAG said to you, I think you deserve what you knew was coming to you in the first place from your obnoxious reactions. Seriously, I thought you were better than that. Making these posts won't really get you anywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:11 pm  Post subject: Re: New possible glitch in ssx tricky showoff ????  
Voltron wrote:
rastapo, listen, i know you hate me, but i was really excited to hear that u are still alive, even if you dont play 3 anymore, thats still really cool

I don't hate you since I don't know you. This place is the only place dedicated to the ssx series with an unique and complete scoreboard. Keep this whole ladder fair and not corrupted is crucial. I have nothing against people who play on emulator as long as they are clean or they try to push the limits of the game by doing TAS run - it's a good thing to know the very potential of some tracks - but faking your scores using illegal tools on emulator is not fair play in regards of those who play honestly with their skills.
I will be back on ssx3 sooner or later and I know that the scoreboard will be clean, I don't care about the scores or the videos on YT or anywhere else, this place is the 'gold standard' for ssx.

If you are skilled as you claim you will be probably agree if I say that it's way more satisfying to struggle for a second place by your own capacities than faking a WR. This is how it has to work, progressively beat your records and those of the others, step by step, making mistakes, try again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:31 am  Post subject: Re: New possible glitch in ssx tricky showoff ????  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Voltron wrote:
gondee, i only did garibaldi and snowdream live runs because ive come to realize: im the only one competing, why am i doing this. i feel like im just wasting my time. spending THIS much time into SSX feels extremely degenerate. there isnt like 100 other people competing otherwise i would still play.

That's your prerogative - I specified what I needed from you to be certain you didn't cheat your way to your scores and you didn't provide that. As a result I'll have to review all your scores and make a decision on whether to keep them. (EDIT: I see you removed your youtube page- can't reverify scores with no proof. :shrug )Pretty simple, black and white on my end. In the meantime, keep this thread civil or I'll lock it and whatever else is required. Your last thread didn't do you any favors, be aware.

As far as a new SSX Tricky glitch goes, we'll tackle that when it comes to it. We've set limits on glitches before when they became too egregious (for example SSX 3 rail glitch) and we can do it for Tricky if we have to. Any scores submitted to the scoreboard without video are always challenged and I am looking closer at submissions than ever since we have people who don't have much integrity for the competitive process.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:13 pm  Post subject: Re: New possible glitch in ssx tricky showoff ????  
Overall Best Players: #1SSX Tricky: Overall: #1Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 9
  • Overall Best Players: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #2
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #3
XBL: SaneThe Legend
So He did lie, Well Why did he lie about the past and deleted his youtube. We weren't born yesterday, And even i was challenged, but i at least showed video proof. I don't cheat because it's boring. I like a challenge. And some glitches have to be put to rest because there to Over Powered and Kill the actual part of skill on the track. So Well than he maybe tweaked it to make it look legit,

All You wanted was him to record him self on console, From the beginning Logo to maybe 2 or 3 track in that's it, And he didn't, so he couldn't do so he cheated. I'm shocked, So even in the new SSX games we got to really see those MODS, Hacks and VideoShopped Program to mimic actual skill. Something to look in to. I'll always do video proof from now on, so yeah.

I'm glad Alpmaster and others you found what he was up to. :yes So Now i feel less nooby, But SSX Highscoring.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:58 pm  Post subject: Re: New possible glitch in ssx tricky showoff ????  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
You are the perfect example of what TO do in this sort of situation, Legend. You took your discipline from me and used it as motivation to get better at the game. You worked at it, and worked at it, and practiced and earned scores for every single game and now you're the highest ranked player on the scoreboard.

That's the right mindset. :china That's what the scoreboard, master runs and community are here for.

Players who use emulators to get scores are still displaying ingenuity in the way they structure their routes - but these videos should be used as "what if" videos, not legitimate high score videos. Without Jack's youtube videos to back up his scores it's extremely likely I will remove them all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:18 pm  Post subject: Re: New possible glitch in ssx tricky showoff ????  
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
Edit:

Eh.. Do whatever you wanna do little guy. Just do us a favor, and stay off the scoreboard. Leave that to the real competitors.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]