Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:18 am  Post subject: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
If TOTS is hinting at a truth, just trying to wake the boards up a little, or lighting the firework and standing back to see what happens for fun :heh whatever is true or not its been a while since anything pushed the Fanart to produce something, SO...

As its all a creative, submissions can be written and drawn (boths even better).
Over the next 18+ months I want Fan art and ideas for SSX 2016, including:

Track design ideas - Be it for Tricky courses, freestyle, backcountry etc.

Characters - design for a re-boot or keep with the current roster etc

Vehicles - V-tols or Helicopters or snowmobile

Types of events and settings - want a half pipe in a road junction or city street race

Something from the gallery - something from a previous game or youd like to see used from fan art.

Story ideas - solo play ideas for a sequel, or even a prequel. Just write a brief outline of the concept.

Menu systems - want a flat screen or third person runaround, describe or design what you want.

Snow boards and Skis - old designs you want again or something new, then get it drawn.

If you think of anything else, post it and let everyone know.
Have fun and lets see what we can come up with :thumbsup :cheers

I'll start with one of Boogies images

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:19 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Hooray Yeti!!! You Know I'm in! :cheers Been working on some 3D stuff for the first time, so hopefully I'll have some stuff to show soon... :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:15 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
citylights wrote:
Hooray Yeti!!! You Know I'm in! :cheers Been working on some 3D stuff for the first time, so hopefully I'll have some stuff to show soon... :D

Awesome City, your artwork skills has gone through the roof over the last year. Cant wait to see what you do :thumbsup

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:15 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
Start with Boogie's work so everything after it pales in comparison haha!

I'll be in! It's been ages since i've posted any of my stuff and I'm pretty much a completely different designer/artist nowadays!
Should be fun to get this section booming again :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:00 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
PSN: MistressWiggle
I should come up with something but I am so laaaazy. I will try and give it a go though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:01 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Cool dudes, I know it'll take a while for ideas etc to come in but Im hoping this will start to fill with some great ideas that might just influence or inspire ideas for the next game :thumbsup

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:27 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
:heh Yeah, mine's coming along but I had to put it on hold since I have 2 projects due on Halloween and a portfolio for art school needs to get done.

...in a few weeks' time! :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:48 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Id love more man made tracks - this is one of my older ideas that Mav began to build in 3D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:26 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Love that idea, Yeti! Mav did a great job with the 3D, too! :cheers Hopefully I can show you guys some stuff this weekend when I get my darn term projects done!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:09 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Okay, holy crap, finally done with my (first!) contribution. It's not much since I've only been learning 3D for 2 months now, but here's my take on Merqury City:

It's actually based on a specific part, and some of the buildings are based off of real-life ones, etc. Hope y'all enjoy!! :cheers Meanwhile, I'll work on that snow material... :gameboy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
omfg lilli

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:49 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
citylights :jawdrop :notworthy :china

AWESOME work!!!!! :eek :eek :thumbsup

Is that 2 months in 'Bill & Ted' time? :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:54 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
PSN: Emu90
Oh shit... :notworthy

All I have is a peasant idea: First of all you would be able to free roam, but once you reach the bottom and you are tired of it, you could haul a snowmobile and the guy on it would throw a rope at you and pull you back to the top of the mountain. You would hold the rope basically like wakeboarding and use the backside of all the ramps to do tricks.

But the more I think about it, why not just attach the roe to a helicopter. :heh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:54 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Thanks, folks! :cheers I'm thinking of doing some more; I have some pretty wacky ideas I wanna try out. :lol They should be quicker since cities have soo much detail. For reference, that one took a month. :heh

Emu, that would actually be sweeeet! :eek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:23 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Holy shit,

Just checked this thread and my god the two track designs from Yeti and City are amazing! Love them both, that radio spire looks a ton of fun and the merq design is modern yet still homeage to the original track. Love them!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:34 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
XBL: WAffle3690
I found it Yeti! lol
Ok I guess this would be a new character contribution? I've gotten some pretty awesome feedback on this character from here and also and great amount of support from tumblr and speaking of which I hope NA will bring Freya in. This character has gone through at least two solid years of development. But considering if there were to be an announcement for ssx at the 2015 E3 for a 2016 release this may be useless.

I can get a broader bio later, enjoy the visuals for now.

Click to reveal hidden content: show

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:01 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Nice artwork Sick One :thumbsup and NA should get Freya into this mix of ideas.

Now for some ideas followed by a track feature sketch:

New game, new characters in keeping with the current timeline using SSX2012 as a solid base to build from.

Classic characters (are unlockable to play outside of story mode) act as mentors to the newbies. The classic characters also act as team captain giving multiplayer modes the opportunity’s to form clans/teams. Your character would then pick up the style of play/uber trick etc of the captain and hopefully make people feel more attached to the roster – explain why the tricks are the same as before – make use of the previously built animations to save time (?)

Team mode opens up the challenge of keeping your clan at the top of a ranking system.

Although single story mode and free ride etc. are still a big part of the game, online should concentrate on true multiplayer this time around.

The next game should return to Big Mountain and the three peaks. This time around Big Mountain should be run down and left to fall apart leaving this side of the mountain for backcountry and challenge modes in the higher peaks (lower areas are still the city but can be updated and revamped over the past decade). As its been a few years the tracks will be familiar but also altered by nature/snowfall natural erosion so that they are not exactly how we remember them and take us on new paths. This also opens the opportunity of the full peak run again and introduce the ice, fog, avalanche, blizzard and other conditions to be used in backcountry.

A new course can be built on the reverse side of the mountain where the main part of the new game would take place opening up opportunity for completely new man made tracks (tricky and SSX3 style). Do well enough and get challenged to off peak challenges on the old side of the mountain or an invitational challenge from around the world (Tricky style tracks allowing for normal to crazy designs eg Aloha Ice Jam). Go online and invite people to a live 1on1 or leave a time trial much like the 2012 SSX.

Overall – less tracks than 2012, but more care with the design and features.

Bring back the crowds, arena finishes, neon lights and fireworks but keep back country plain and simple.

Snowing effects would be nice

Death pits should be kept to levels like the Deadly Decent challenges only, tey did sap some of the fun out of courses and I often found myself avoiding playing them again.

Keep the SSX2012 pad control system

Keep SSX2012 helicopter drops, or SSX3 vtol drops

Re-invent the shop – possibly a 3rd person run around area?

Go to Rob n Bob’s board shop, buy a plain board with selected attributes (SSX2012 style) then give the ability to buy a graphic to be used on it. Some graphics are awarded in game only.

Bring Bolt-ons back, even if limited in number instead of just a colour change

Snow mobile free roam – possible race mode on selected tracks (sledstorm style or without tricks as a bit of fun).

Bring in Ski’s to open up the potential buyers’ market

Wing suits – not a big fan, was a bit of fun but I’ll leave that vote for others to decide.

Tie in with the Winter Olympics 2018 by using their race tracks (but with SSX flair). If SSX is announced in 2016 with a 2 year development, this would work out nicely and give a huge worldwide potential for advertising during the snowboarding and ski events at the arena stands and on TV etc. We would also be looking at an early 2018 release.
Also join up with X-games, or for example ‘The Art of Flight 2’ to bring in joint advertising of each other’s products to build a bigger audience and possible funding.

Bring back features to the mountain that are memorable. 2012 had little to remember, although good, it was mass produced which caused some areas/zones to be lost once they had been completed. Tricky and SSX3 had distinct designs and areas that gave them a personality just as much as some of the characters.

Track feature sketch – Cannon cave / Howling cave
Simple idea for a landmark feature ending in a Big Air Moment at the end.
The cave tunnel can act as an alternative route or short cut. Fully iced through with drifting snow to lead into the mouth of the cave, keeping the track section fast but tricky to hold a fast line.

The cave acts like a natural wind tunnel from the mountain and is wide enough to hit accurately at speed for a few players to enter. As the track dips an begins to raise and narrow the natural wind helps maintain any speed but restricts movement, if you enter with full tricky boost all the better. At the exit of the cave are the large icicles that cause the howling noise, as the space narrows the player acts like a cork pressing the air out the tunnel causing a greater noise and also creating air pressure behind you.

Upon breaking through the cave mouth icicles, the resulting pressure no only causes a loud howl/popping noise, it also sends out a burst of snow and ice around you to a nice dramatic effect launching you in a massive Big Air opportunity.

Maybe have these on each level to find? Like the yellow signs/gates in Burnout that you had to lookout for and break for a trophy – Howling Yeti Caves challenge trophy complete :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:12 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Wow, some good stuff there, Yeti! :cheers
Quote:
Overall – less tracks than 2012, but more care with the design and features.

Bring back the crowds, arena finishes, neon lights and fireworks but keep back country plain and simple.
Quote:
Re-invent the shop – possibly a 3rd person run around area?

Go to Rob n Bob’s board shop, buy a plain board with selected attributes (SSX2012 style) then give the ability to buy a graphic to be used on it. Some graphics are awarded in game only.
Quote:
Track feature sketch – Cannon cave / Howling cave
Simple idea for a landmark feature ending in a Big Air Moment at the end.
The cave tunnel can act as an alternative route or short cut. Fully iced through with drifting snow to lead into the mouth of the cave, keeping the track section fast but tricky to hold a fast line.

I really like these ideas. I miss the amazing character select screen from Tricky and would love to see something jawdropping like that again. Or like the 1080 Snowboarding one where they're all hanging out in the lodge. Daniel Dociu did another great concept, very modern looking, my next sort of thing for this thread would be to try to do something like that.

I LOVE the howling cave idea, especially since you drew parallels to Burnout. I loved finding all the gates and billboards in BP, so something like that in SSX would be fantastic. :cheers

As far as skiis and wingsuits go, I'm pretty against them showing up in the main game mostly because they're derailing, but they could make great expansions. Could even follow the Freedom Cry/First Light tradition and offer them standalone as well for the ski bros. :lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:25 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
City - I thought the jump would be a good feature on a track, it wasnt until I posted it here that made me think of Burnout. I do think it would be cool to go around and find all the caves :) (and snowflakes)

I like alot of what 1080 Avalanche had to offer it just didnt have the great feel of SSX or played nearly as well. The best bit was how they did the avalanche level. I liked SSX2012 but not a big fan of the reverse view, if its done again then follow 1080's example and put the player in the action, not in a distant camera mode.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:09 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
I totally agree, reverse view wasn't so good. I preferred how they did it with The Dilemma and Death Zone.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:26 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Oh shite. I missed the ball on this thread :heh

Knocked this up real quickly realising I didn’t ACTUALLY have a bio for Freya. Eve is Boogie's OC.

Name: Freya Parker
Nationality: Half English, Half Kiwi
Hometown: Timaru - South Island
Vertical: 5’9”
Weight: 155 lbs
Blood Type: O
Stance: Regular
Eye Colour: Blue
Hair Colour: Russet

Riding Partner: Eve

Back story: Freya was born to an English father and New Zealand mother. When Freya was younger her mother and older sister were killed in a car accident leaving her father with Freya and her younger brother Micah. Not wanting to be a burden and to relive her mother’s Kiwi roots; Freya decided to go and live with her Aunt in the mountains of New Zealand where she learnt to snowboard. Freya left school and spent most of her time teaching kids to snowboard, known for her hard partying she met Griff whilst he was competing for America during a sponsored tournament. Griff accepted her as one of his partners and introduced her to Eve. Unfortunately for Griff, Freya found Eve and Mac to be much better company and her and Eve hit it off and became the best of friends. Freya was asked with Eve to compete during SSX’s The Tour.

Personality: Freya is hardworking and meticulous when boarding, but spends most of her free time at the gym to make up for all the time she spends getting drunk and trying to get laid. She’s stylish and her favourite thing is shoes and going out with Eve. She’s extremely blunt whereas Eve is sarcastic and pretty confident.

So here's a load of Freya art. Not all done by me, some by Sickone, Boogie and a very special friend called Shannon.

Sick One

Me

Shannon

Boogie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:04 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
PSN: siredward
Great Ideas.

Hope to see more contribution to this thread.
I want more of a SXX3/Tricky feel to the next game and hope equipment like wingsuits, iceaxes, oxygen etc stays in Deadly Descents and dont come over for the sequel.

I will come back later for more, but what I allready have done is getting in touch with mr. Batty. The only thing I can say is that he is still alive, working at EA and I think they are interessted in ideas from this comunity. So if every one can contribute and hjelp me put together a e-mail with great ideas and links, I will make sure to send it to him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:36 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
ÜberMeister wrote:
Great Ideas.

Hope to see more contribution to this thread.
I want more of a SXX3/Tricky feel to the next game and hope equipment like wingsuits, iceaxes, oxygen etc stays in Deadly Descents and dont come over for the sequel.

I will come back later for more, but what I allready have done is getting in touch with mr. Batty. The only thing I can say is that he is still alive, working at EA and I think they are interessted in ideas from this comunity. So if every one can contribute and hjelp me put together a e-mail with great ideas and links, I will make sure to send it to him.

Not to worry, this is the place I want all the ideas to come to - If I wasnt so busy myself at the moment I have several things I need to design/draw/sketch that I would love to see happen.

But yes, things need to be updated soon :yes :thumbsup

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:33 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Looking through the gallery heres an SSX3 podium idea a quite like, it also brings back the multiplayer vibe Tricky and SSX3 had

A blast from my past - Bring back the music and volume of Tricky

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:16 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Quite fancy a new character design next as Ive some spare time, and may be a few track location ideas - anyone else got anything yet?

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 5 [ 123 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5