Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:58 am  Post subject: Message Board Requests  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Got a request about the message board? Want a new smiley? Want a particular feature you've seen on other boards but that we don't have?

Post it here and I will see if I can find it for you. I will "sticky" this topic for a while (month or two) until I can get most of the hacks installed, but in the meantime, there may be a few things you don't like and want me to change. Post them here. To give you an idea what I have planned, here is a short list of the hacks I am thinking about installing:

List of Upcoming Hacks:
    1. Custom Titles for Posters, separate from post "rank".

2. Ability to "turn off" viewing Avatars and Signatures for those people who don't want to be bogged down with all the graphics

3. Avatar selection on registration

4. A "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of each page so you don't have to hit "post reply".

5. Link to profile from Avatar

6. Redirection changes - making you go places other than places the board makes you go. For example, skipping the stupid screen you go to when you click "Mark all topics read" and just going back to the same forum.

Etc and so forth. If you have an idea, post it here and I will see if I can make it happen. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:02 am  Post subject:   
Hey gondee, these are good idea's. I particularly like the one about turning the graphics off - damn 56k connection :(

One thing that comes to mind is some indicator to let you know if you're logged on or not would be good. It's not so bad for me since I can tell by the time zone in the bottom right corner, but others may have more difficulty.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:39 pm  Post subject:   
Surprise Celebrity Panelist
The only thing I've needed and we don't have yet... an emoticon rolling his eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:52 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: tk9077
PSN: tk102
Yeah, we really need some more emoticons. Like an evil laugh one atleast. Don't forget the SSX emoticons!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:01 pm  Post subject:   
A spellings-checker (sp?) :) such as on gamesfaqs would be asking to much I guess. It's the one really good thing they have there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:58 pm  Post subject:   
I need to Know what the groups are in the forum toolbar, will they be up later? :???
I also need a name feature with your name in BIG Bold coloured letters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:09 pm  Post subject:   
or u can just write it in ur Avatar like i did hehe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:19 pm  Post subject:   
Have the topic title present while typing in a reply or "quoted reply".

..maybe after the forum shortcuts, above the "Post a Reply":

The Gravitude Bar Forum Index -> General Discussion -> ..........

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:40 pm  Post subject:   
You should split up the General Discussion board. SSX 3 doesn't really fall under general discussion, especially when a whole bunch of topics and such will be made when it comes out. You should have a general discussion board for completey general and off-topic topics, a SSX 3 board for discussion on SSX 3, and a Past SSX board for discussion on SSX and Tricky (which is already up).

Or maybe have like 4 baords: SSX General Discussion, SSX 3 Discussion, Past SSX Discussion, and Off-Topic Discussion (where like it's totally random topics and such like what's your favorite movie to what's your opinion on abortion or whatever). Every forum has to have an Off-Topic board thingy.

Plus fix the ranking system or whatever, Sensei doesn't come before Contender, it comes before Master.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:07 pm  Post subject:   
Maybe, you could have a feature that tells us if we have any new PM's on the front page rather than getting pop-up messages or e-mails that tells us.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:37 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: RazorbackKing
I go to another fourm called the RPG Maker Pavilion that has three main topics, one for RPG Maker (The ps version bty) a free form board for random things, and a general video games board. Its all good.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:02 pm  Post subject:   
Whatever happened to the gamefaqs 500? I never kinda missed out on the whole weekend topic...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 am  Post subject:   
Quote:
One thing that comes to mind is some indicator to let you know if you're logged on or not would be good.

That's an excellent idea - you're right, there isn't an "indicator" as to whether or not you are logged in...something like "You are logged in as gondee. I'll look into that.

Quote:
an emoticon rolling his eyes.

Will do, most likely tomorrow. Each emoticon I find usually has a "white halo" around it because they are typically made for white boards (like this one that used to have a white halo, but which I fixed : :sad ). I always have to clean them up, then reconfigure them and it's a lot more work than people think.

Quote:
Like an evil laugh one atleast. Don't forget the SSX emoticons!

Don't worry, I will get to those, but it may be a few months. I will find an evil laugh one here very soon. :)

Quote:
A spellings-checker

That may be a little more work - I'll check into it, but don't expect it right away.

Quote:
I also need a name feature with your name in BIG Bold coloured letters

Nope, sorry. Names will stay the way they are - I may add a link to your profile or little effects like glows, but that will be it.

Quote:

That's possible...is it that big of a problem though? Do you just randomly forget which topic you are posting in? :heh

Quote:
You should split up the General Discussion board. SSX 3 doesn't really fall under general discussion, especially when a whole bunch of topics and such will be made when it comes out. You should have a general discussion board for completey general and off-topic topics, a SSX 3 board for discussion on SSX 3, and a Past SSX board for discussion on SSX and Tricky (which is already up).

Will definitely do. I think we'll need this by the time SSX 3 comes out or the General Discussion board will just become too cluttered. I am not sure what grandmort has in mind but I think we can do this, as I was thinking about it as well. (Great minds...heheh.)

Quote:
Plus fix the ranking system or whatever, Sensei doesn't come before Contender, it comes before Master.

LOL, that bothers you, huh? I never noticed it...Does anyone have the correct ranking listing from SSX?

Quote:
Maybe, you could have a feature that tells us if we have any new PM's on the front page rather than getting pop-up messages or e-mails that tells us.

I'll check into that as well...there's also the option to play a sound when you get a PM, would that work?

Quote:
a free form board for random things, and a general video games board. Its all good.

I'll check into this if the forum gets uber-busy. A "freeform" board might include general video game discussions as well - two birds with one stone.

Quote:
Whatever happened to the gamefaqs 500? I never kinda missed out on the whole weekend topic

It's on it's way. Grandmort is looking into turning it into a topic here in the forum, but I don't see that happening (I have NO idea how we would format it into the forum) so look for it more as an "archive" of in the SSX 3 section.

Last edited by gondee on Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:13 am  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
Quote:

That's possible...is it that big of a problem though? Do you just randomly forget which topic you are posting in? :heh

:lol No, I usually have several windows open and sometimes switch mid-answer from one to the other. It can be hard to pickup where you left, afterwards. There is no hint whatsoever where you are on the forum, apart from going to the previous internet-location.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:03 am  Post subject:   
Heheh, okay well, I'll look at it. If it's easy, I'll do it. :D

In the meantime, edited and added several smilies including

Quote:
    Yeah, we really need some more emoticons. Like an evil laugh one atleast.

:devil

Quote:
    The only thing I've needed and we don't have yet... an emoticon rolling his eyes.

:rolleyes

:glare

;)

;P

:no

Cool, huh? :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:16 am  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
Cool, huh? :D

:glare :no :devil ;P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:07 am  Post subject:   
These emoticons are perfect for me!!! :devil Your made an emoticon just for me? tnx :yes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:23 pm  Post subject:   
Nice login feature on the main page, tnx gondee! :yes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:45 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: RazorbackKing
gondee wrote:
Quote:
two birds with one stone.

:eek You kill birds with stones??!?!??! YOU MURDERER!

*Throws pubbles at gondee*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:21 pm  Post subject:   
Are you thinking of a clan board??? I think that would be useful...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:40 pm  Post subject:   
Classic Killa
  • SSX: Showoff: #2
Can you take out the "members currently online" thing? It'll get really annoying when the forums get populated, and seriously... who gives 2 craps what the highest number of people online at once was, and when that took place?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:46 pm  Post subject:   
I actually like that feature, just to know who is on and how many people are on. I find it convinient. Once the message board gets really populated you could just put a number down.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:51 pm  Post subject:   
b100dy wrote:
I actually like that feature, just to know who is on and how many people are on. I find it convinient.

*agree*

With so few people on the board at the same time, those features are still quite useful. The maximum number of people gives some indication of how popular the board is getting to be. When the time comes when there are too many people on, and the numbers on-at-the-same-time stabelizes both indicators lose much of their current value.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:00 pm  Post subject:   
Hey, w/that feature, I found out our peak activty level was an hour ago. Nice. :)

Although maybe gondee should make it so you could turn it on or off, depending on your preference.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:01 pm  Post subject:   
Classic Killa
  • SSX: Showoff: #2
I said It'll get annoying, not it IS annoying XP I don't mind it how it is right now, but when it gets to the point where I could bring up the site at any given time and see 20 people's names, that's too much.

But anyways, I have another one. Is it possible to add an option that will force posted pictures as enclosures? On 28.8k, image-heavy threads screw me over, so if there's a way I can just look at a picture when I want to...

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 10 [ 234 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10