Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:51 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:03 pm  Post subject: I want to apologize, for how i acted in the last few days  
PSN: SSX_Kromat83
As some of you know, I'm still quite new ( Jan.26, 2012 ).

I wanted to help the community out and suggested a split between PS3 and 360 users, but the people liked the original combing of both, since it was the original thread.

I wanted to test my idea out, as suggested by Yeti, but it didn't work out as I planned and it got locked, after i spent a good while working on it.

I didn't take it the right way, and offended some people and didn't mean, just wanted something as an idea, but I overreacted and I apologize.

I should think about what i post in the future, and don't want to get off the wrong foot, when the game hasn't come out yet.

I wanted to board with you guys still, and hope this resolves some things, so sorry for anyone that was annoyed, and will try to stop myself, the next time it is about to happen.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:17 pm  Post subject: Re: I want to apologize, for how i acted in the last few day  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
I agree the whole thing was building out of proportion for a list of names, but theres nothing wrong with being passionate about what you wanted to do and trying to help out.

Something got tried and it didn’t work, thats all :cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:25 pm  Post subject: Re: I want to apologize, for how i acted in the last few day  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
The problem with that situation had a bit to do with everyone - everyone had ideas and theirs views on how the list should be made. It went way overboard for something that's a list only. It's supposed to be simple and practical above all. Your 2 threads got locked because at the end of the day, there's still a month until release, people were arguing left and right about it and, to put it simply, we weren't getting anywhere with all of it.

I appreciate your effort and enthusiasm and I know you worked into the 2 threads but they were locked because it was decided there was no reason for all of this when the game is still 4 weeks away. That's all. It's nothing against you.

We're a nice community and I'm sure if you ask anyone here they'll agree with me. Generally if you (and anyone who joins) keep your head cool and don't attack anyone for no reason at all, everything will be fine and you'll have a great time here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:10 pm  Post subject: Re: I want to apologize, for how i acted in the last few day  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
I wanted to explain my reasoning behind certain decisions but wasn't fully given the chance at times for whatever reason by whatever member, not anyone specific. It's not that I wasn't listening and it's not that I wasn't appreciating the help....

The reason I'm against the hide tags is because, believe it or not in this day and age, some browsers still just cannot handle hide tags. So members who's only option may be a cell phone browser that doesn't like certain scripts wouldn't be able to see it. And when a friend of mine was restricted to only surfing on the browser on the ps3, spoiler tags on my board never worked for him. Clicking them did nothing. I wanted to try and keep it as functional as possible for all potential members. Yes, a giant list may suck but at least everyone can see it then . A little section at top to show who the newest addition is sorta solves that.

And I agree that splitting the list up was a good idea but I didn't have a chance to fully edit it and make it pretty for whatever reason, dinner, etc.

I think people overreacted to me saying I didn't want to do it. It was seriously stressing me out more than it should have and I just did not want to deal with it at the moment and I take the blame for overreacting myself. I'm just as much at fault here.

When it gets closer to release, I'll remake the sticky since there will be less sticky clutter then. The preorder topic will be gone and so will the quick info topic. For now we can just use what we have.

No worries either way. :china

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:50 pm  Post subject: Re: I want to apologize, for how i acted in the last few day  
XBL: Kaavyn
S'all good, just stop making so many threads :heh :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:51 pm  Post subject: Re: I want to apologize, for how i acted in the last few day  
PSN: SSX_Kromat83
ok, will do.

Just for being new, I wanted to share some ideas,
but will have to check the threads more closely.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:08 pm  Post subject: Re: I want to apologize, for how i acted in the last few day  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
Merq is generally a very chilled out place. Alot of users are feeling weary about the sudden influx of activity (its not just you, alot of new users are posting ALOT of topics) so when random/repeat threads pop up numerous times there is a level of un-easiness which is understandable.
In the past week alot of important threads have been pushed back pages in favour of unneeded stuff. Its expected as we reach lauch date but... yeah its abit OTT compared to how merq has been over the last years.

Not sure if you saw my post in your 'delete this thread' thread you had before it did get deleted, but i basically said, stick around. Youve been here for 5 days, people do care about your ideas and what you have to say but dont expect everything you say or do to be reacted to positively. Merq's users arent total douches like many other forums and thats why its a brilliant place to post and share ideas. Just think before you post and put this behind you now :)

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]