Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:06 am  Post subject: Rememberance day...  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
At school, we had two minutes silence while watching a video about it. Did you do anything?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Rememberance day...  
I had two minutes silence while going home from school because of this goddamn flu.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Rememberance day...  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
two minutes silence sat at my desk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:45 pm  Post subject: Re: Rememberance day...  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
I had a go at my science teacher about it. She was part way through setting some homework and said the silence could wait. We all did a minute off our own backs while she was shouting at us and then in the second minute we all just started having a go back at her for being so disrespectful. And the stupid thing is were all now in trouble with the schools leadership.

Surely remembering those who are giving their lives for us is a bit more important than writing a piece of homework down right? not to her!

Oh and at another school (and ive got to say its a failing school but still) there were a group of muslims that decided to burn poppies and stamp on them.
(and im not trying to start a race arguement here so if this offends please note that i in no way endorse the stereotyping of muslims)
anyway, as they were doing it a group of lads (of all races and religions) went over and started beating the **** out of them. The school is excluding the kids that beat them up and the ones that were burning the poppies got away with no punishment at all.

Its a shame how a minority of people all over the world can be this disrespectful.
Anywhooo, thoughts to those that have given their lives and those still in battle
So much hate and conflict for such little reasoning.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:14 am  Post subject: Re: Rememberance day...  
CurryKingDH wrote:
I had a go at my science teacher about it. She was part way through setting some homework and said the silence could wait. We all did a minute off our own backs while she was shouting at us and then in the second minute we all just started having a go back at her for being so disrespectful. And the stupid thing is were all now in trouble with the schools leadership.

Surely remembering those who are giving their lives for us is a bit more important than writing a piece of homework down right? not to her!

Oh and at another school (and ive got to say its a failing school but still) there were a group of muslims that decided to burn poppies and stamp on them.
(and im not trying to start a race arguement here so if this offends please note that i in no way endorse the stereotyping of muslims)
anyway, as they were doing it a group of lads (of all races and religions) went over and started beating the **** out of them. The school is excluding the kids that beat them up and the ones that were burning the poppies got away with no punishment at all.

Its a shame how a minority of people all over the world can be this disrespectful.
Anywhooo, thoughts to those that have given their lives and those still in battle

This is the type of shit that happens these days, it's absolutely goddamn disgusting. If I was a parent of one of the kids who burned the poppies, i'd take a hammer and smash in their PS3/360. This is complete crap.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:22 am  Post subject: Re: Rememberance day...  
Baron von Gikkigen wrote:
CurryKingDH wrote:

This is the type of shit that happens these days, it's absolutely goddamn disgusting. If I was a parent of one of the kids who burned the poppies, i'd take a hammer and smash in their PS3/360. This is complete crap.

Same, but I wouldn't break it. It hide it somewhere or ask my friend to hide it at their's because if the stupid kid knows the console is still somewhere, it'll make him even more angry and maybe improve hoping to get it back. Also, it would be a waste of money to hammer it (though it would be fun, right?).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:40 am  Post subject: Re: Rememberance day...  
Kubi wrote:
Baron von Gikkigen wrote:
CurryKingDH wrote:

Same, but I wouldn't break it. It hide it somewhere or ask my friend to hide it at their's because if the stupid kid knows the console is still somewhere, it'll make him even more angry and maybe improve hoping to get it back. Also, it would be a waste of money to hammer it (though it would be fun, right?).

No, if s/he did THAT, i'd fucking smash it and smash the pieces into dust. I'd smash all her/her games, s/he fucking deserves it for dishonoring our veterans.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Rememberance day...  
You guys can puff all you want about this stuff, but it doesn't make a difference.

I'm not saying you shouldn't puff, I'm just acknowledging that you are only doing it for your own ego (and others' perception of your ego).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:59 pm  Post subject: Re: Rememberance day...  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
I dont think anyone would post this stuff to boost their own ego or consiously post it thinking 'oh other people will think this of me'

this is just straight forward disgust at how moronic some people are :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Rememberance day...  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Bad as it may be, the more you acknowledge some actions the more power you give to it. Brush it off, if they dont think it will get a rise from someone they most likely wont be bothered to do it in the future.

On a plus note, to go though with the action they must have purchased the said items contributing to the charitable cause they were trying to offend, which make them idiots as well as getting a beating.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:59 am  Post subject: Re: Rememberance day...  
PSN: MistressWiggle
The most annoying thing with the poppy appeal now is that the British legion have done buger all to keep it tied to them. The fact that Swarovski are making god knows how much on crystal poppies with 10% going to the poppy appeal is disgusting. I did my two minutes silence and refused to serve the woman moaning at me about booking an appointment for a cat whilst the rest of reception and myself looked on in disgust. I can't really get into the ins and outs of the extremists without getting irritated at the sorry state of this shity country but our forces from the past and the future should be remembered. Unfortunately there's always those out to spoil it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:17 pm  Post subject: Re: Rememberance day...  
CurryKingDH wrote:

Nothing should be considered so sacred as to stifle dissent. Remember, paying your respects is good. The state demanding your respect is politics.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:11 am  Post subject: Re: Rememberance day...  
Wow, this forum's stories are mint! Keep em' comin'!

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]