Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:53 pm  Post subject: Rusty's First legit article  
Well today is a momentous occasion as yours truly has got his first article to be published... Yes kiddies your looking at a legit journalist :wink muahahah

You guys don't know how exciting it is to see something of your gets published (or in this case put up online :lol) Its really something else and I just wanted to share it with you fools :P

here is the article: http://news.rutgers.edu/focus/issue.2011-10-04.4816890733/article.2011-10-25.2986506592

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Rusty's First legit article  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
dooooope!

virtual high five! so sick! congrats dude! go and drink a beer or something in celebration!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Rusty's First legit article  
Hi Rust:

I've had material of mine published, and "know the feeling"--you want to "run out to everybody," and show them your published pieces. I, too, am a writer, and have gotten poems and articles of mine published in collegiate and scholarly magazines. Neverthless, I do not want to share my published material with others because I want to keep my identity a secret. If people read my pieces, they would know my name, and I do not wish to divulge this type of information to the public. Anyway, I read your online article, and have to commend you on your exacting command of language. Good luck--I hope you succeed in your quest to become a widely recognized and respected journalist.

Take care.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Rusty's First legit article  
Thank you dudes I appreciate it.

@QP: I understand your feelings on that, and for the most part I am the same way but first I get to know the community then I reveal myself to those whom I deem worthy of my identity :lol From what I gather the community seems like cool people and I dont think anyone really care who I am :heh. But Yea I get what your saying and thanks for your nice comments on my article :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Rusty's First legit article  
Hi Rust:

Thank you for your kind words. By the way, you are an exceptional writer!

Take care.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:23 am  Post subject: Re: Rusty's First legit article  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
WILL THAT ARTICLE EVER LOAD???

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:34 am  Post subject: Re: Rusty's First legit article  
dude i finally got the chance to read it! great writing.

i'm glad you're not afraid to tell us who you are and to know your identity. i think most (if not, all) aren't going to stalk and murder you. but hey, we have proof that YOU'VE been published!

that's fucking sweet, man! it's really well written and some good photos! i wanna see more of your photos. you should create a deviantart and upload them there. it also sounds like it was a cool event. homie's got history.

congrats dude!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Rusty's First legit article  
Hi Kubi, Tunes, and Rust:

Let me first encourage Kubi to keep trying to access Rust's article. If you cannot ascertain the article successfully, I can always retype the published piece for you to read (i.e., if Rust gives me permission to do so).

Now, let me address Tunes, post. You asked why I refuse to divulge my written pieces over the Internet. My answer is that, under normal circumstances, I would be unabashed about sharing some of my published material with my fellow posters in the Lodge. However, my need to safeguard the identities of my girlfriend, nephews, and nieces overrides my ambition to share my published pieces over the Internet.

Anyhow, I love Rust's article! Keep fine-tuning your writing, Rust, and maybe one day you'll receive a Pulitzer Prize as a journalist!

I will leave you with a tip, Rust, that my professors taught me: always strive to make your next publication better than your previous one.

Take care, Rust, and I hope that Rutgers University eventually rewards you for your writing accomplishments!

Last edited by QuotidianPerfection on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Rusty's First legit article  
lol QP i didn't ask you anything, silly goose!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Rusty's First legit article  
Hi Tunes:

Although your posts didn't overtly criticize me for not wanting to share my published material over the Internet so that I can keep my identity a secret, your response to my first posts implied the preceding. In my first post on this topic, I wrote the following comment: "I do not want to share my published material with others because I want to keep my identity a secret. If people read my pieces, they would know my name, and I do not wish to divulge this type of information to the public." You replied a few posts later (i.e., to Rust), saying that "i'm glad you're not afraid to tell us who you are and to know your identity. i think most (if not, all) aren't going to stalk and murder you." I read your response, and, since I was the only person who discussed the reason why I do not share my published material with the net world, came to the logical conclusion that your post was addressing me. In an attempt to be fair to your critical appraisal of me, I elaborated on why I choose not to broadcast my published pieces all over the net: "You asked why I refuse to divulge my written pieces over the Internet. My answer is that, under normal circumstances, I would be unabashed about sharing some of my published material with my fellow posters in the Lodge. However, my need to safeguard the identities of my girlfriend, nephews, and nieces overrides my ambition to share my published pieces over the Internet." This is why I do not agree with your latest response to me: "lol QP i didn't ask you anything, silly goose!" I was an implicit point of reference in one of your posts.

Take care.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:07 am  Post subject: Re: Rusty's First legit article  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
QuotidianPerfection wrote:
Let me first encourage Kubi to keep trying to access Rust's article. If you cannot ascertain the article successfully, I can always retype the published piece for you to read (i.e., if Rust gives me permission to do so).

It worked now! Phew! Anyway, I adore the use of creative language in your report. It was exceptionally interesting to read. Most newspaper just publish something like, "That guy died. His mother is very sad. He died because of a car accident. He had 2 kids. Bla, bla, bla." Rust, though, can make it interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:10 am  Post subject: Re: Rusty's First legit article  
lolz.

good job Rust. keep 'em comin. NAT GEO HERE YOU COME.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Rusty's First legit article  
PSN: hypnotic_boogie
great job rust! i read the article even tho it's not my particular interests of reading, i must say you did a wonderful job

:3 so proud *tear*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Rusty's First legit article  
Aww thanks again my peeps appreciate the nice comments.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Rusty's First legit article  
XBL: PaRtYR0ck3r
I know I am so reading this late but congrats please tell me what its like and if it was easy to get the job as I too aspire to be a writer/journalist etc. something were I can put my voice out there... in a way.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Rusty's First legit article  
PSN: Emu90
Wow, Rust. You really surprised me with that one. I never expected this side from you. Congrats. I mean, that's a big milestone.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Rusty's First legit article  
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
Hahaha, QP and his little world.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Rusty's First legit article  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Good job Rust - well done good sir. :cheers

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ]