Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:30 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:15 pm  Post subject: Steve Jobs Passes Away  
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304447804576410753210811910.html

i don't generally like apple products but you've gotta give credit where credit is due. steve jobs was one hell of a technological innovator. rest in peace.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Steve Jobs Passes Away  
PSN: SSXfanatic
He was a pretty awesome guy. It was weird, my family and I were just talking about why he would quit as CEO...but, I guess it's practical to say it's understandable.

Hopefully, Apple doesn't completely fall down with this. Not only was Apple practically bankrupt when Jobs became CEO again, but he made the company one of the most successful in the world, with more money than the US treasury. He is truly a one and only.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Steve Jobs Passes Away  
XBL: SpR1tEzER0
I didnt even know he had a cancer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Steve Jobs Passes Away  
Oh shit.

The technological world just lost one of it's greatest innovators.

R.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:20 am  Post subject: Re: Steve Jobs Passes Away  
XBL: SpR1tEzER0
This happen so fast
i dont know what to say

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:21 am  Post subject: Re: Steve Jobs Passes Away  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Apparantly he was a complete psychotic bastard. Firing people in Elevators because he didn't like their product. A lot of people at Apple will be sleeping easier. Never been a fan of Apple so from my and a business point of view hopefully this will only further hinder them.

Having said that it is very sad. No one deserves Cancer and he still had a family who will miss him regardless. RIP.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:38 am  Post subject: Re: Steve Jobs Passes Away  
PSN: SSXfanatic
NA wrote:
Apparantly he was a complete psychotic bastard. Firing people in Elevators because he didn't like their product. A lot of people at Apple will be sleeping easier. Never been a fan of Apple so from my and a business point of view hopefully this will only further hinder them.

Having said that it is very sad. No one deserves Cancer and he still had a family who will miss him regardless. RIP.
Psychotic? I've never heard it that way. It might have been because he was almost always ill, but I don't know for sure. I still love my iPod Touch 4.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:00 am  Post subject: Re: Steve Jobs Passes Away  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
My life is pointless now. Rest in peace.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Steve Jobs Passes Away  
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
That one rather foul South Park episode nailed the real Steve Jobs. He was an asshole, an "innovator" too but some would say only in as much as he forced his employees to innovate. :heh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Steve Jobs Passes Away  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Kubi wrote:

What about that sweet, sweet, pink scooter you're getting?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Steve Jobs Passes Away  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
gondee wrote:
Kubi wrote:

Hey hey hey, more respect to Jobs!

Is this guy really an innovator? I mean... I'm sure he comes up with like 5% of an i product. And his huge team comes up with the other 95% of the innovations. Am I wrong?

I'm not downrating him, he definitely was great in many, many ways...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Steve Jobs Passes Away  
PSN: lsatterfield
He made Toy Story happen.
That's enough alone to love the guy. :)

Almost over now...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:47 am  Post subject: Re: Steve Jobs Passes Away  
PSN: jonipooon
CEO's: The Dictators of Capitalism.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Steve Jobs Passes Away  
PSN: Kubi-ssx

I cried watching this. Serious.

gondee wrote:
Kubi wrote:

Get over it, it's pin... PURPLE.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Steve Jobs Passes Away  
Hi All:

Steve Jobs was a great man and a visionary. It takes a high degree of intelligence to make computers more user-friendly for contemporary customers who use the software on those particular machines. Nevertheless, it requires an even greater amount of ingenuity to convince buyers that the upgraded systems on those computers will work. In today's society, for a product to be successful, sellers must pursuade buyers that items will operate properly, then follow through on these promises. If the consumed items are of high quality, and get good customer reviews, then there will be more of these particular products on the market. Jobs took it one step further, and constructed items that have shown to function not just in the short-term, but in the long-term as well.

Jobs was also a nice guy who donated to charities which he believed would benefit people. Jobs did this not due to the fact that people would hold a "high opinion' of him if he gave money to different organizations, but because he wanted individuals to be "better off."

R.I.P. Steve Jobs--you will be sorely missed by the world.

Take care, everyone.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]