Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:41 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:13 pm  Post subject: Canadian NDP Leader Jack Layton died today.  
XBL: Kaavyn
It's pretty disappointing. I voted for him just a few months ago, and for a minority government, everyone was shocked to hear they got second place in the polls. He would have been our president had our voting system not been bullshit.

Quote:
August 22, 2011
We deeply regret to inform you that The Honourable Jack Layton, leader of the New Democratic Party of Canada, passed away at 4:45 am today, Monday August 22. He passed away peacefully at his home surrounded by family and loved ones. Details of Mr. Layton’s funeral arrangements will be forthcoming.

http://www.ndp.ca/press/statement-by-olivia-chow-sarah-michael-layton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:19 am  Post subject: Re: Canadian NDP Leader Jack Layton died today.  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #3
  • SSX 3: Overall: #3
PSN: obiwahnshinobi
So even if he did win it would have been short lived, too soon to say what impact he could have made I suppose.

(19:57:20) gondee: how does one master the dweeng

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:47 am  Post subject: Re: Canadian NDP Leader Jack Layton died today.  
I feel very sad first and foremost for his family, but I also feel bad for Canada. Honestly he was the only Canadian politician I didn't think was full of shit; he had the integrity of Nader. Part of Canada's future died with him that's for sure...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:29 am  Post subject: Re: Canadian NDP Leader Jack Layton died today.  
I just researched him and DAMN.

He had all the right ideas...but what can an 11 year old say about politics, eh.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]