Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:19 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:48 am  Post subject: the GM failure  
So, Gm is asking a concordat. Can't say you didn't see that coming.
They're talking about dumping hummer an saturn, and they want to get rid of Saab as well.
Gm's shares haven't been so low since the thirties, and the gouvernement now owns 60pct of the company.
I live in europe, so I don't really care, but I just wanted to know: what do you guys think?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:15 pm  Post subject: Re: the GM failure  
This is really sad and you're right everyone i know saw it coming before any bailout money was committed. Back around the eighties i think the Chrysler chairman went to the government for a loan and Chrysler recovered and paid it back. The big three probably thought this might play out again but Chrysler and GM have been ruined this time imo.

When oil spiked last summer americans suddenly changed their buying behavior and the big 3 were vulnerable because their cowardly/corrupt chiefs had negotiated contracts with the uaw which were uncompetitive with other US automakers and unsustainable. the uaw is not without blame for strangling these 3 companies. also the big three had way too much of everything: factories, dealers, brands, models, workers, options (paint colors, trim, etc. there are just absurd numbers of ways these cars can be configured and this was a known liability before the recession). It was like a bunch of dead wood had accumulated over the years while competing makers got better and took market share away.

it's not like they didn't know they had problems - they were losing billions before the recession. they tried to shape up but they were locked into labor contracts and just too big to change quickly. and the recession came on very rapidly. sales dropped 30-50% which is enough to kill many healthy businesses.

all just my thoughts. i don't usually go here but i'm just so bummed by the e3 non-announcements today i thought i'd try the lodge for something positive. :cry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:28 pm  Post subject: Re: the GM failure  
Quote:
I, I don't have a whole lot of, of time. Um, OK, I'm a former employee of Area 51. I, I was let go on a medical discharge about a week ago and, and . . . I, I've kind of been running across the country. Um, damn, I don't know where to start. They're, they're gonna, they'll triangulate on this position really really soon. OK, um, OK, what, what we're thinking of as, as aliens, uh, they're, they're extra-dimensional beings that an earlier precursor of the space program made contact with. Uh, they, they are not what they claim to be! Uh, they've infiltrated a lot of, uh, about a lot of aspects of, of, of the military establishment, particularly the Area 51. Uh, the, the disasters that are coming, they, the, the military, I'm sorry, the government knows about them. And, and there's a lot of safe areas in this world that they could begin moving the population to now. They are not! They want those major population centers wiped out so that the, the few that are left will be more easily controlled.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:03 pm  Post subject: Re: the GM failure  
How eloquent!

Sarah and Joanne are wrong- this stays in here until it's proven.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:32 am  Post subject: Re: the GM failure  
XBL: DarkAvenger3
Pretty bad, I'd say and it might get worse.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:57 pm  Post subject: Re: the GM failure  
the American auto industry deserved to fail epicly.

America is so far behind the rest of the world in so many ways that sometimes it scares me to live in America.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]