Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:20 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:31 pm  Post subject: The damage of the last 8 years  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
I found this list on Digg, and man does it open your eyes to just how bad of a president Bush has been. Honestly, they should do this with every president to give the public a sense of the good/bad of their administration.

This is basically a ilst of all the failures of the Bush Administration. I'd post the list in full but it's pretty extensive and is categorized.

http://www.publicintegrity.org/investig ... full_list/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:21 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
Most of those are minor issues that would've happened the same under Clinton or anyone else.

The biggest criticism they have is "False Premise for Going to War", and it's a very weak criticism, toeing the official party line of an "intelligence failure".

You are buying their cover story as always, my dear gondee. They are not incompetent. They are criminal. They don't commit hundreds of "mistakes"; they commit hundreds of deliberate crimes and are criminally negligent by intent.

That's all. Now go back to watch ABCNNBCBS.

edit:

Surprise! Guess who runs the "Center for Public Integrity"?

(Jews.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:36 pm  Post subject:   
Do you have a "sheeple" button on your keyboard? All I ever expect from you is to make this same basic post in any topic dealing with this subject matter. It honestly does nothing to facilitate discussion at all and reeks of arrogance. Can it if you can't contribute anything more productive.

Anyway, regardless of how you view the list, it is very exhaustive and apparently originally might have had a few hundred more potential blunders, but those were deemed unworthy of being called "failures" so they didn't make the list. It's easy to forget just how bad a president he's been in all the Obama-citement. :lol Seeing them listed is kind of demoralizing and hopeful at once because at least we're finished with that horrible period.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:11 pm  Post subject:   
There is a lot of garbage here. Most of it is fairly minor quibbles. It seems like you could almost try to debate that Bush did a decent job if these are the only mistakes he made.

It's just as RE, said, though. This government is way more than incompetent. They have been hijacked. They do not represent you. They do not have your interests in mind. They seek to leech off of you. They want your rights. They want your money. They want your land.

And you think they're just screwing this whole thing up. Look at how massive government has grown! Why, if they were treated as a corporation and reported the full extent of their international profits, we would be talking about how wildly successful Bush's reign has been.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:30 pm  Post subject:   
Self-contained Sanitarium
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #3
Gondee, you also need to remember to take Bush-trashing atricles with a grain of salt as they are nearly ALWAYS written by democrats. You wont see that guy writing that style article for a dem president.

As others have said, you got an entire government, which INCLUDES dems with repubs that has done a shitty job. In fact, the liberally controlled congress has arguable done a WORSE job than Bush, and everyone loves to forget they stood right in line with Bush on going to War in the first place. Even Hilary Clinton! The trick was they realized war is a messy business with terrorists, where you can't fight a standard battle with everyone in uniforms. They hide in houses, use citizens as shields, and create sympathizers like the ones posting that "Isreal is commiting genocide" bullshit posted in your own forums. Once they realized how much shit it is to fight this kind of war, the dems quickly jumped shipped an then had the audacity to pretend they were never on board in the first place.

I am so sick to fucking death of all the smearing bullshit the dems do to Bush. They will succede in making him out to be the worst president ever with their antics. Really what was Bush's problem? Well he sounds intellectually shallow in public speaking. That's about it. The libs on the other hand, make him about to be this evil mastermind that arranged the 911 tragedy, yet AT THE SAME TIME is an utter retard.

I just wish people would realize that the people they opt to "trust" in their slamming and blaming of Bush for everything that happens (even hurricanes for Christ's sake) are the same ones that will turn right around and stab them in the back while lying to them.

Republicans do NOT have the monopoly on corrupt members. The Liberals are no fucking different, except better at playing the blame game and lying about it. Hell look at all the shit with Obama and Chicago. He would have you believe that in the SWARM of corrupt politicians infesting that place, he somehow manages to come out of there squeeky clean and untouchable. My fucking ass. He's just like all the rest of politicians. They get into it for ego's sake and so naturally 90% of them are corrupt as fuck.

Me? I know better than to trust either side. But as I said above, I get sick of people buying into the "only republicans are bad and we liberals are the cure". They are not the cure, they are more of the same shit, only better disguised.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:16 pm  Post subject:   
RE, discuss the matters at hand. Don't make summary dismissal posts like you know it all. That's not what the Lodge is about.

Post deleted, second warning.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:34 pm  Post subject:   
I think Bush did fine considering the shit he inherited to begin with. Yes, Clinton looked like a fabulous president on the outside what with the DotCom boom and such... Bush came in right as that tailspin was happening. Oh, and sub-prime mortgages originated in the late '90s and caught fire just before Bush took office. Those mortgages are turning out to be one of the worst ideas in the history of long-term economics... and who was sitting in office when the bottom fell out? Why, George W. Bush, of course. It MUST be his fault that banks thought it would be a great idea to give practically homeless people 2-story houses to live in... please.

His big downfall will be the war, even though that's not even close to being the biggest war blunder in U.S. history (if you would even consider it a blunder... I still don't think it was a bad idea).

No-Child-Left-Behind... good idea, bad execution. We shouldn't have bashed it, we should have worked with it and made it better.

All the other things on the list are minor things that are a part of every presidency, I'm sure.

... look at it this way, Obama isn't even in office yet and already people are starting to hate him (especially democrats, haha... have they opposed every one of his ideas so far??). It's not the man, it's the system he's put in. Nothing will ever work like it used to. We're too diverse. Yes, there are perfect-vacuum solutions, but this isn't fantasy world, it's reality and the reality is most people are stupid and/or way too greedy. Kick those people out and then we'll have a good thing going.

When all is said and done and people are looking back at presidency lists 50 years from now, Bush will be middle-of-the-pack.

PD~

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:10 am  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Sometimes I can't avoid thinking that all we'd need do is not allow people like FBX and PD~ to vote. LOL. :heh

I mean, to think the Bush administration has done a fine job... I mean, it's insane. I mean, seriously. Wow.

Chauvinism at its best. The amazing power of the mainstream media.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:43 am  Post subject:   
I repeat:

He did fine considering...

I wasn't exalting his work (in fact, I had a big problem with several issues during his second term), but I'm not going to destroy him either because these particular 8 years were a tough gig and he didn't crack and press the red button or whatever else.

Also: "The amazing power of the mainstream media." --- Yeah, the mainstream media LOVES George Bush, don't they? Clearly, I'm all about what they say...... <rolls eyes>

RE, you're so deep into the forest, you can't see the trees. The internet world is deceiving you and you've bought in. You're a robot, not a human. This is you: "Hey, look at all these articles and videos I've found on the internet by people I've never even met... I trust them." Good for you. You will never be allowed to babysit my children, haha.

One more thing... I don't think you should use the term "we" when making jokes about who can vote in America. Unless I missed a post where it said you became a U.S. citizen, that's pretty much no-no. Go stick your head in your own business.

PD~

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:49 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
PD~ wrote:
I wasn't exalting his work (in fact, I had a big problem with several issues during his second term), but I'm not going to destroy him either because these particular 8 years were a tough gig and he didn't crack and press the red button or whatever else.

All of them minor issues. You're fine with killing over a million Iraqis, you're fine with admitted WMD lies, you're fine with warrantless wiretapping, you're fine with disastrous handling of natural disasters... you're fine with all the major issues.

Quote:
Also: "The amazing power of the mainstream media." --- Yeah, the mainstream media LOVES George Bush, don't they? Clearly, I'm all about what they say...... <rolls eyes>

Yeah, they do. O'Reilly, Hannity, Colmes, Smith and all the other liars at Fox News are paid by Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch to worship the Republican Party, right or wrong. They are the ones you listen to, so yeah, the mainstream media (that you listen to) loves George Bush.

The reason the media was becoming rather "liberal" is because it was run more and more by Jews (through mergers and deceptive "deregulation"), who are mostly liberal. So in the mid-1990s some clever billionaire Jews came up with an idea. News Corp. and Fox News were set up to be a part of the mainstream media as a false opposition alternative to the liberal Jewish-controlled media. Fox News was created to worship the Republican Party and evoke chauvinism in conservatives, to divide the nation on ideological grounds. The secret backers of Rupert Murdoch, a nobody who inherited a local Australian newspaper, were the trillionaire/billionaire Jews Jacob Rothschild, Harry Oppenheimer, Edgar Bronfman, and Armand Hammer. They selected the Jewish head of CNBC, Roger Ailes, to head Fox News, and the Jewish media mogul Peter Chernin to head its parent company, Fox Entertainment Group (this faux conservative was a big fundraiser for Hillary Clinton).

What you really have, looking just at the major TV news channels, is a Rothschild project headed by Jews Murdoch/Chernin/Ailes pretending to provide political opposition to the Jewish-controlled "liberal" media.

Quote:
RE, you're so deep into the forest, you can't see the trees. The internet world is deceiving you and you've bought in. You're a robot, not a human. This is you: "Hey, look at all these articles and videos I've found on the internet by people I've never even met... I trust them." Good for you. You will never be allowed to babysit my children, haha.

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

Quote:
One more thing... I don't think you should use the term "we" when making jokes about who can vote in America. Unless I missed a post where it said you became a U.S. citizen, that's pretty much no-no. Go stick your head in your own business.

Well, since I know more about the US government, the US media, US banking, and other US issues, than yourself, and since US policies affect the entire world, I do feel qualified and priviledged enough to use the term "we".

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:51 pm  Post subject:   
RE Virus wrote:
All of them minor issues. You're fine with killing over a million Iraqis, you're fine with admitted WMD lies, you're fine with warrantless wiretapping, you're fine with disastrous handling of natural disasters... you're fine with all the major issues.

Yes, no, yes, and the natural disaster should have never been a federal issue, it should have been a state issue. I'm not convinced that these examples are even a "George Bush" thing directly... I feel if Al Gore were president, he would have reacted (or would have followed orders) the same exact way. I think what happened (and is still happening) was going to happen no matter what. You've even said yourself, George Bush was a puppet. Same goes for anyone else... Obama is now the new puppet.

RE Virus wrote:
Yeah, they do. O'Reilly, Hannity, Colmes, Smith and all the other liars at Fox News are paid by Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch to worship the Republican Party, right or wrong. They are the ones you listen to, so yeah, the mainstream media (that you listen to) loves George Bush.

It's a good thing I don't get cable, otherwise I might be inclined to watch this Fox News you speak of. Other than watching this past election at a buddies' place on various networks, I think the last time I ever saw anything on Fox News was at least 3 years ago when I was visiting my parents' house (they get cable). Good try, though. I guess your crystal ball fogged up on that one.

RE Virus wrote:
Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

No, you keep telling all of us this. I'm surprised there we no links attached to your last post. Actually, my jaw is on the ground.

RE Virus wrote:
Well, since I know more about the US government, the US media, US banking, and other US issues, than yourself, and since US policies affect the entire world, I do feel qualified and priviledged enough to use the term "we".

What makes you think you know more? Because you read something on the internet and because I don't divulge all my knowledge in to a Snowboard game forum?? Haha... I've worked for the U.S. government. I know a Senator and a Representative personally. I currently work indirectly with U.S. banking. But hey, I guess actually being here and doing it is not as good as being overseas and reading about it... boy, you really showed me.

You try too hard. My favorite part is where nobody truly trumps your opinions mostly because it's overwhelming and you spend way too much time about it, so you assume you're the all-knowing here. I really enjoy the parts you misfire on.

PD~

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:54 am  Post subject:   
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtnE4C9Gv5U[/youtube]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:33 pm  Post subject:   
Hahaha... I love it. Keith Olbermann is not to be taken seriously. He didn't say one good thing about Bush in that entire thing and he was way too sarcastic several times... it's never been a secret he's hated Bush, so of course he's going to crush him with his power to be in front of the camera. Of course, Keith Olbermann's time as actually being relevant long came and went. I know he has a little following for those who don't want to listen to O'reilly because Olbermann is super anti-conservatism, but he's better known for being the dufus who does the NFL highlights with Dan Patrick on NBC.

PD~

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:59 pm  Post subject:   
Did you even listen to anything he said?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:01 pm  Post subject:   
Of course I did. He was reading off a "facts check" list one of his writer's gave him, no doubt with the instructions to "come up with anything and everything bad that you can, even if it's not 100% true."

I hope someone comes up with an "8 Years in 8 Minutes" clip with actually decent material and retorts to half the shit Olbermann was saying. What a dufus, haha.

PD~

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:45 pm  Post subject:   
PD~ wrote:
Of course I did. He was reading off a "facts check" list one of his writer's gave him, no doubt with the instructions to "come up with anything and everything bad that you can, even if it's not 100% true."

I hope someone comes up with an "8 Years in 8 Minutes" clip with actually decent material and retorts to half the shit Olbermann was saying. What a dufus, haha.

Impossible. The Bush supporters I've met (not too many considering I live in Canada) are simply Bush apologists. They generally concede that "he did what he had to do". To be honest, I think Bush supporters wouldn't see half the things Olbermann said on that list as "all that bad" in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:29 am  Post subject:   
PD~ wrote:
You try too hard. My favorite part is where nobody truly trumps your opinions mostly because it's overwhelming and you spend way too much time about it, so you assume you're the all-knowing here. I really enjoy the parts you misfire on.
I didn't know you could trump opinions nowadays.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:09 pm  Post subject:   
In other words, Mac, he comes up with elaborate posts and diagrams of what he thinks is and no one else takes the time and effort to do so as well, thus making it seem like he is smarter or knows more about what's going on when really that isn't the case at all.

PD~

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:35 pm  Post subject:   
When have you had anything more than slick rhetoric?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:01 pm  Post subject:   
That's precisely my point, Brian. I know I've had some long posts here and there over time, but when I think about it and I check the URL, it says "ssx_forum"... and while gondee and others have created a nice way for us to talk about other things besides gaming, this isn't where I really want to devote a lot of energy towards world matters... especially not to a guy that no one really knows anything about other than he must sit on his computer literally all day reading articles and watching video. He should go out and throw the football once and awhile, haha.

It's not my life's ambition to stick it to a screen name of "RE Virus". And while I'm fairly certain his retort to that statement will be something along the lines of, "it's because you can't, etc., etc.", that's okay with me. Given his remarks to just about everything he thinks about or looks up makes me truly believe the world I personally live in is a lot better than his. Actually, life is phenomenal... and while I don't or won't feel sorry for him because of my outlook on that, I think his focus is entirely on the wrong thing.

PD~

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:49 pm  Post subject:   
PD~ wrote:
In other words, Mac, he comes up with elaborate posts and diagrams of what he thinks is and no one else takes the time and effort to do so as well, thus making it seem like he is smarter or knows more about what's going on when really that isn't the case at all.

Then what confuses me is why it matters to you how much time he puts into the posts he makes to convey his opinions :rolleyes .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:36 am  Post subject:   
It shouldn't confuse you. To him (or her... do we really even know??), they aren't opinions. He's like a bad Christian smearing his religion in our faces telling us we're going to hell if we don't believe what he believes. The problem there is now is apparently he only accepts truths through posted links. If you can't supply him with an internet site, he declares himself the winner. While the internet is an awesome tool, most of it lies and it rarely tells the whole story... especially stories I've seen in person.

PD~

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:03 pm  Post subject:   
Great! So what happened to those WMDs and nuclear weapons that your military friend told you totally existed in Iraq?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:16 pm  Post subject: Re: The damage of the last 8 years  
I think it's gonna take longer than 8 years to fix the mess that was created during the 8 years of Dubya.
worst. president. EVER.
hopefully Obama will be much better....

P.S. and sorry, I'm new here... are all RE Viruse's posts like this: :lol

Quote:
The reason the media was becoming rather "liberal" is because it was run more and more by Jews (through mergers and deceptive "deregulation"), who are mostly liberal. So in the mid-1990s some clever billionaire Jews came up with an idea. News Corp. and Fox News were set up to be a part of the mainstream media as a false opposition alternative to the liberal Jewish-controlled media. Fox News was created to worship the Republican Party and evoke chauvinism in conservatives, to divide the nation on ideological grounds. The secret backers of Rupert Murdoch, a nobody who inherited a local Australian newspaper, were the trillionaire/billionaire Jews Jacob Rothschild, Harry Oppenheimer, Edgar Bronfman, and Armand Hammer. They selected the Jewish head of CNBC, Roger Ailes, to head Fox News, and the Jewish media mogul Peter Chernin to head its parent company, Fox Entertainment Group (this faux conservative was a big fundraiser for Hillary Clinton). What you really have, looking just at the major TV news channels, is a Rothschild project headed by Jews Murdoch/Chernin/Ailes pretending to provide political opposition to the Jewish-controlled "liberal" media.

ZOMG TEH JEWS!!!1 THAR TEKKIN OVAR HALP!!!1 o.O

because spewing BLATANTLY DISCRIMINATORY SPEECH is TOTALLY the way to get people to agree with you.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 24 posts ]