Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:17 pm  Post subject: The Coming Global Economic Meltdown (Book your tickets now!)  
What do you all think/how much do you know about the financial crisis that is going on right now? And beyond just the credit and mortgage problems, what about Peak Oil or the Medicare/Social Security/Baby Boomer bomb that is set to detonate? What about the devastation of the American dollar?

If you don't know what is happening, or if you think it can be fixed by printing $700 billion, check out this website:
http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse

Watch the crash course. It is the single best rundown I have found of the global existential crises we face today.

Discuss.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:59 pm  Post subject:   
well lets all panic~ that should help~ lol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:46 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
And it's not just the American dollar. Even the Euro, once high in recent times, is crashing.

How does everyone feel about this bail out plan? Do you think the money should have been used in different areas instead of bailing out big companies?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:21 pm  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
I've followed the pres debates closely, and spent alot of time reading and learning about the economic situation that America and the rest of the world is presently in, so let me just say that I know enough to know that its going to take some brilliant minds to find a way to weather this storm.

Me, I just work my butt off at work, save, and invest only if I have done considerable homework on the company. Served me well so far, and as things get worse, I find myself getting more conservative.

So the short, I am very worried about the present economical situation. :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:42 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
Don't worry laidback, you just have to sit back and say "lol ~ lol ~ lol ~" all day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:48 pm  Post subject:   
laidback0378 wrote:
I've followed the pres debates closely, and spent alot of time reading and learning about the economic situation that America and the rest of the world is presently in, so let me just say that I know enough to know that its going to take some brilliant minds to find a way to weather this storm.

Me, I just work my butt off at work, save, and invest only if I have done considerable homework on the company. Served me well so far, and as things get worse, I find myself getting more conservative.

So the short, I am very worried about the present economical situation. :(

And if things get really bad, you can always sell your WoW character again.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:32 pm  Post subject:   
the economy of the future: selling WoW-characters ~ lol :heh

Now serious: yes the economy isn't going good, but hey, you can't expect it to be good forever! Even if we had the best economy system of the universe (wich we have not), there will be periods when of repression!

And if things get to worse, you can still move to belgium (we have health insurance!! :glare :heh )

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:53 pm  Post subject:   
BraveSlash wrote:
Now serious: yes the economy isn't going good, but hey, you can't expect it to be good forever! If things get to worse, you can still move to belgium

It's known as a global economy for a reason. And, Belgium being part of the euro means that the country cant do much about it, not that they would hae been able to do much anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:02 am  Post subject:   
You should move to belgium for our health insurance; not because we can change something about the world economy. I don't thingk anybody can. The more the gouvernement keeps pumping money in corporations and banks, the more the people will get scared. (sorry. I'm a little pessimistic today :glare )

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:22 am  Post subject:   
Health insuerance, a monitery system, linked to the economy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:45 am  Post subject:   
hey, I'm 16 years old! I find it hard enough figuring out what I'm telling here :glare

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:06 pm  Post subject:   

Last edited by Maxwell on Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:25 pm  Post subject: Re: The Coming Global Economic Meltdown (Book your tickets n  
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
Free educational videos!

ZEITGEIST ADDENDUM (2 hrs)

This film explains the foundations of the world economy in the most simple and elegant way. Watch this beast as many times as you need to GET IT, because there are few things more important than this.

If you want to take a step further and find out WHO is behind it all -- as in, the names of the people who created and run this system -- then this film is an absolute MUST WATCH:

The Money Masters (3:35 hrs)

The folks who made this film knew what was going to happen back in 1996, when they made this most important historical documentary.

In less than 6 hours you can find out all you need to know about money, banking, central banks, and the world economy. You don't need to spend 4+ years getting a degree in economics from institutions created by the very people who created the usury system.

You're not going to get the truth from the media.

That Crash Course elevation posted sounds interesting, but it would be so much easier to have it in one piece! It doesn't seem to be available on Google Video.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:38 pm  Post subject:   
Racing Fiend
I'll just start by saying, wow... The first 10 chapters covered my Macroeconomics course completely in 30 minutes. If you are concerned with this countries economy at all, watch this video. It will help you understand where we stand economically as a country, how we got to this point, and what is to come if change does not occur. It might be hard to interpret some of the information if you have little or no knowledge of economics and how they operate, but sit through it and I promise after a couple of chapters it will come very easy.
I wish there were more self-educating videos like this one, would save me the trouble of paying 20 grand a year for school. :)

Anyhow....great video, very educating.

P.S. I totally missed your videos RE haha. I'll check them out later.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:32 pm  Post subject:   
This is a must-see. According to Rep. Paul Kanjorski (D - PA), we were literally within hours of the large-scale collapse of the American banking system, which would cause a domino collapse of the entire global economy.

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/Pos ... kRuns.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:24 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: WAffle3690
i just go to work, do my job, get my check and call it a day. Worrying aint gunna do nothing, just prep for whats to come.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:25 pm  Post subject:   
Don't worry, because that trustful deference of personal responsibility will work out in the long run. After all, it's what got us here, correct? :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:21 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
~lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:09 pm  Post subject: Re: The Coming Global Economic Meltdown (Book your tickets now!)  
sometimes, I'm scared to live in America :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:12 pm  Post subject: Re: The Coming Global Economic Meltdown (Book your tickets now!)  
Almost a year and a half later and we're still here.

The Euro is fscked though...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:19 pm  Post subject: Re: The Coming Global Economic Meltdown (Book your tickets now!)  
Ha, yeah, silly me.

Everything is going to be fine. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:33 am  Post subject: Re: The Coming Global Economic Meltdown (Book your tickets now!)  
You're touchy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:10 pm  Post subject: Re: The Coming Global Economic Meltdown (Book your tickets now!)  
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
The banker bailouts worked! Just give your hard earned dollars back to those who are screwing you over, then it'll all be fine. Just give up your last few savings if needed, you still have those pensions waiting for you! :lol

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ]