Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:12 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:30 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: crispncrunchy
Never used the words belief or faith for that matter, I'll leave those words to you

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:14 am  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
crispncrunchy wrote:
Never used the words belief or faith for that matter, I'll leave those words to you

It is your belief that climate change is caused by man, and it is based purely on faith in the mass media. As I've proven, the majority of top climate scientists do NOT agree that man has any influence on the Earth's climatic change.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:59 pm  Post subject:   
Well, Global Warming is pretty inconsequential because of the fact that we've hit global peak oil. Or are about to at least. Artificially (geopolitically) or real (we truly run out).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:12 pm  Post subject:   
Yes, the Fifth Night.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:39 pm  Post subject:   
The IPCC reported in Nature today that there may not be any warming for the next 10 yrs due to natural climate variation so i guess "it's hard to say" what's going to happen. Forecast models can often be tested using historical data to "predict" a condition that has already been observed. The current models fail this test because the input data is poor and the models suck too.

Global warming would be bad for some and global cooling could be a lot worse, but i agree that global oil depletion will really blow, especially if the climate cools and we therefore need more energy.

There are almost 7bn people on earth. if that sounds like a big number compare it to the world populations of similar sized land mammals - then compare it to the numbers of our closest relatives, the great apes. the huge population is supported by radically unsustainable processes (which almost all use non renewable energy.) This is the problem.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:28 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: crispncrunchy
blackhawk wrote:
Global warming would be bad for some and global cooling could be a lot worse, but i agree that global oil depletion will really blow, especially if the climate cools and we therefore need more energy.

More energy is required for cooling (Air-Con) than is required for heating. I Oz we use most electrical power on hot-summer days and we don't use heating oil at all.

That's why the policy of extending daylight saving (to save power) is a fallacy. It only leads to increased use of Air-con

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:17 pm  Post subject:   
i've heard that about daylight savings time but it's great to get off work with the sun still high. as selfish as i am i hate it when it ends in the fall.

as far as heating versus cooling there are lots of technological advances to come, but we haven't seen real cold for the last 10 or 12 thousand years. major cooling would have a big impact on food production too.

heard it gets pretty hot in oz with fires and all. same here in socal.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to:  

Information
Page 3 of 3 [ 57 posts ]  1, 2, 3