Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Of what religion/faith group do you belong too?
Christianity 49%  49%  [ 61 ]
Judaism 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Islam 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Hinduism 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Buddhism 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
Taoism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Wiccan/Pagan 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Indigenous 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 41%  41%  [ 51 ]
Total votes : 125
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:35 am  Post subject:   
Unicycler wrote:
Well i am christian.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Atheism.
There is no such thing as god,holy 10 rules and other bullshit that the cato's created to keep in power IMO Human created god not God created Human.
Coruption and false.
That is what they learn you in the church.No freedom of speach(even thought they blaber bullshit that god gave you freewill...BULLSHIT - The free will is the Mind).

Also i've seen recently this show with steaphan hawking..that made me more clear about the creation of the world.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:39 am  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
I'm Catholic, although sometimes I spend hours wondering if all this things I believe in are really true...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:25 am  Post subject:   
I am christian, in the United Church denomination. (A mixture of congregationism, medodism, a little protestantism, and a few other stuff)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:48 am  Post subject:   
edit

Last edited by Khalpz on Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:52 pm  Post subject:   
Yeah, I am the same way. But that's faith, to me at least. Not questioning the existence of God would be foolishness.

Sarah and Joanne are wrong- this stays in here until it's proven.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:59 pm  Post subject:   
vix wrote:
Mess, you have too much time on your hands, :lol :lol

Yeah, I have too much free time on my hands. So much to the fact that instead of bickering with people who will never believe you, I took 30 seconds to look up denominations on Wikipedia. I'm sorry, but I had to say that, because I have almost no free time whatsoever. I mean, tomorrow I'm spending 11 hours at school, not counting hw I will have to do when I get home. And outside of thanksgiving, nto a day goes by where I don't have to be somewhere by 8.3o. :heh

Solid, I'm sorry, catholics didn't invent the 10 commandments. Also, thosands of catholics have been killed for trying to speak their mind. I'm pretty sure we don't try to stop free speech. And, Catholics believe faith is not neccesary for salvation, just live a good life. Oh yeah, and we don't believe in Creationalism, Evolution is widely accepted by Catholics. Get your facts right next time, I'm tired of your ignorant remarks, and I don't give a shit about how rough your life has been, or how "tehj cathos r tring to cuntol poland," it doesn't excuse the comments you make.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:20 pm  Post subject:   
MESS wrote:
Solid, I'm sorry, catholics didn't invent the 10 commandments. Also, thosands of catholics have been killed for trying to speak their mind. I'm pretty sure we don't try to stop free speech. And, Catholics believe faith is not neccesary for salvation, just live a good life. Oh yeah, and we don't believe in Creationalism, Evolution is widely accepted by Catholics. Get your facts right next time, I'm tired of your ignorant remarks, and I don't give a shit about how rough your life has been, or how "tehj cathos r tring to cuntol poland," it doesn't excuse the comments you make.

:thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:26 pm  Post subject:   
Haha, but you're devil!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:29 pm  Post subject:   
Well, I'm a Unitarian Universalist, which is sort of hard to explain. It's more based around fairness and compassion for everyone and guiding people along on their path for inner meaning than worshipping a higher power. This isn't to say that no UUs believe in God, on the contrary, many of them do. UUism isn't a strict religion by any means. My whole family is UU, so that's how I've been brought up, but I don't think any of us have the same ideas about God. Personally, I don't believe in God. I've spent hours, probably days collectively, thinking about this, and I've come to the conclusion that if I were to tell myself and others that I believe in a higher power who watches over us and hears our prayers at night, I'd be fooling myself. I'm the son of a biologist, so creationism has always sounded like utter garbage to me, and the same goes for intelligent design. For one thing, there are countless things about the human body that are far from "intelligent", but I won't get into that. I'm not the kind of person who can put all their faith in something that isn't concrete. I respect people who can do that, but for me, saying prayers at night has always had the same significance as a birthday wish, or passing along a chain letter. My parents never forced any kind of religion on me, and neither has my church, I've made this decision clearly and on my own.

Anyway, there you go. That's what I believe. Hope I didn't offend anyone, though, if I did it wasn't my intention.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:49 pm  Post subject:   
Shacknasty_Jim wrote:
so creationism has always sounded like utter garbage to me, and the same goes for intelligent design.

That's because they are. :heh Anyways, about that birthday wish, you still make it, don't you? :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:14 pm  Post subject:   
MESS wrote:
Haha, but you're devil!

I know...its ironic isn't it

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:21 pm  Post subject:   
You forgot the religion of the gold haired holy wombat. (i know its has only one member and i also know who that member is: ME!)

But now i will be serious (for once)
I can't believe if there is a good but i can't belief there isn't one either!
We have just to accept that somethings we don't know of can or can't exist.

and for the one's who wanna know it: if you die you'll find it out (please don't kill youreself because of what i said ok?)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:37 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
im sorry, but im not sure if that made any sense at all.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:42 pm  Post subject:   
He meant God instead of good.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:45 pm  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
MESS wrote:
He meant God instead of good.

:heh :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:46 pm  Post subject:   
OMG :eek :eek :eek
i need glasses (or i need to learn to review the text before submitting it)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:11 pm  Post subject:   
MESS wrote:
Shacknasty_Jim wrote:
so creationism has always sounded like utter garbage to me, and the same goes for intelligent design.

That's because they are. :heh Anyways, about that birthday wish, you still make it, don't you? :)

Yeah, I guess you're right, but I don't put much stock in them coming true. I don't think many people do, really. But a lot of fairly religious people I'm friends with really believe God will answer their prayers, or at least hear them. I'm not saying anyone's faith is wrong of course, but my mind is just too scientific to believe something like that. To me, prayers are, at most, a nice gesture. But I just can't bring myself to believe that saying "And please let my aunt recover from cancer" alone in your bedroom one night (or many nights, or whatever) will actually have an effect on whether your aunt recovers or not. So to me, it's a nice thing to do, to "pray for someone", but it's hard for me to believe that it will actually make the difference in the long run (which isn't to say no one should pray for one another, of course).

Anyway, that was much longer than I intended it to be. It's funny, a lot of people say that people who believe in God and creationism and stuff (not saying that if you believe in God you MUST believe in creationism) sometimes are just too simple minded to wrap their minds around evolution, so they're taking the "easy way out" so to speak, by believing that someone created it all at once. But it's the exact opposite for me, because it's much easier for me to conceptualize the process of evolution than it is for me to believe in a higher being watching over us.

So there's my stance on God. Enthralling, I know.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:14 pm  Post subject:   
It was rather enthralling ;P. Anyways, I understand what you are saying about saying prayers, and sometimes I feel the same way. One thing though about what you said- "God always answers our prayers, just sometimes in the ways that we don't want God to."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:44 pm  Post subject:   
Shacknasty, isn't the point of Unitarism to question belief. It is just a little strange to me, the idea of someone being brought up on those principles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:05 pm  Post subject:   
Well, not really. Here are the 7 Principles of UUism (sort of like the 10 Commandments):

We, the member congregations of the Unitarian Universalist Association, covenant to affirm and promote:

1. The inherent worth and dignity of every person.
2. Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations.
3. Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations.
4. A free and responsible search for truth and meaning.
5. The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and society at large.
6. The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all.
7. Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.

It's sort of idealistic, and on many occasions I find myself breaking one of these. The core of being a UU has nothing to do with belief in a higher power or questioning belief in a higher power, but both of those things can be part of it. For example, Principle 4 is free and respinsible search for truth and meaning. God might have a huge part in your search for truth and meaning in your life. A lot of people don't really understand Unitarian Universalism because it's a religion that isnt' guided by belief in a God or Gods. However, the lack of a God in its foundations should by no means discount it from being a real religion. The UUs are guided people, but not by a God.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:47 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: VigilantSoren
Man i wish we had a die hard Baptist here on merq so he'd be like "May god have mercy on your souls! You will all burn in hell for eturity! God is real and all other religions are fake and wrong! We are right!...um...Creationalism is the truth and when gay marrages are legel it will rain fire!"

that would be funny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:50 pm  Post subject:   
Well, I'm pretty sure there isn't any fire raining in massachusetts! :heh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:55 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: VigilantSoren
MESS wrote:

yeah with all the talks about gay marrage in Canada some extreme christian rights were saying how hell would rain on us. Which is fucked up since like the Dutch has had legel gay marriage for like 20 or more years

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:44 pm  Post subject:   
MESS wrote:

w00t! Same in Vermont! :heh

Last edited by Shacknasty_Jim on Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:02 pm  Post subject:   
Unicycler wrote:
Man i wish we had a die hard Baptist here on merq so he'd be like "May god have mercy on your souls! You will all burn in hell for eturity! God is real and all other religions are fake and wrong! We are right!...um...Creationalism is the truth and when gay marrages are legel it will rain fire!"

that would be funny

wait... isn't Pixel a die hard baptist?

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 14 [ 330 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14