Switch to full style
Forum for serious non-SSX discussion. Forum is strictly moderated.
Post a reply

Of what religion/faith group do you belong too?

Christianity
49%
Judaism
2%
Islam
2%
Hinduism
1%
Buddhism
6%
Taoism
No votes
Wiccan/Pagan
1%
Indigenous
No votes
Other
41%

Total votes : 125

Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:36 pm

I know there have been topics like this before, but I thought since there are so many new people on the board, and maybe some people's thoughts have changed, I'd start a new one up.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:18 pm

There's a significant amount of members that are atheist or nihilist. You should've put them in.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:28 pm

Well i am christian. But i am a very liberal christian and very open.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:58 pm

alpmaster wrote:There's a significant amount of members that are atheist or nihilist. You should've put them in.

crap. i was trying to remember to put that in. sorry. thanks.

edit:

can't edit the poll anymore... i guess just use the 'other' option as atheist etc. sorry fellas.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:10 pm

Unitarian :)

Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:11 pm

You forgot Catholic too.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:13 pm

He didn't. There's Cristianity in there...

Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:16 pm

bakalhau wrote:He didn't. There's Cristianity in there...

Christians and Catholics are very different.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:24 pm

Oops, maybe... :heh

Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:39 pm

I don't have the answer myself, therefore, I cannot chose a belief.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:45 pm

:.MonsterTricky.: wrote:

Catholics are Christians :glare

Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:22 pm

Unicycler wrote:

No they aren't you doofus. Christians don't think of Mary as very important, and they believe that The Body only symbolizes Jesus. Catholics are the complete opposite.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:36 pm

Unicycler wrote:

No they aren't you doofus. Christians don't think of Mary as very important, and they believe that The Body only symbolizes Jesus. Catholics are the complete opposite.

What are you a dumbass. Christians are those who believe in God and Jesus as their Saviour. it is a religion. This religion has something called Denominations. These Denominations all have different beliefs. Roman Catholic is a denomination of Christianity just like Protestants. Orthadox, Methodist, Baptist Anglican, I myself am Protestant

My father is a Minister. He is on a councel for the World Councel of Churches which The Roman Catholic Church is a part of just like every other Denomination. My mother has a Doctorit in Theology and is also a Minister. I know how Chirstianity politics work.

Different Christians have very different beliefs but all share the same religion and faith.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:18 pm

Feel free to debate but keep the flaming out of the conversation.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:18 pm

im agnostic -

One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:21 pm

Unicycler wrote:
Unicycler wrote:

What are you a dumbass. Christians are those who believe in God and Jesus as their Saviour. it is a religion. This religion has something called Denominations. These Denominations all have different beliefs. Roman Catholic is a denomination of Christianity just like Protestants. Orthadox, Methodist, Baptist Anglican, I myself am Protestant

My father is a Minister. He is on a councel for the World Councel of Churches which The Roman Catholic Church is a part of just like every other Denomination. My mother has a Doctorit in Theology and is also a Minister. I know how Chirstianity politics work.

Different Christians have very different beliefs but all share the same religion and faith.

I heard what I said from a priest, OKAY?!?!? HE SAID IT HIMSELF THAT CHRISTIANS AND CATHOLICS ARE NOT THE SAME!!!

And don't you call me a dumbass.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:23 pm

Just because a priest says on thing doesn't necessarily mean it's true...

Everyone has different belief's....and so on and so forth...

Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:23 pm

Dude, MonsterTricky, you're pretty cool, but you gotta control that temper, man.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:10 pm

MonsterTricky, I think I know what I am. I'm a roman catholic, which is a denomination of Christianity. Just as protestants, calvinists, anabapists, unitarians and so on and so forth are. God. :heh

Here, this may clear up your confusion. I'm sure it was just a slight misunderstanding.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:45 pm

Mess, you have too much time on your hands, :lol :lol

Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:17 pm

Ah. I believe the correct word is pwned, Monster Tricky. :wink

Anyway, for the record.... I'm not exactly sure what I am... But I have been lightly practicing Buddhism for a while... A small amount of Hindu... But not enough to be siginificant. A little strange coming from a very strong Roman Catholic background, AND going to a catholic school, eh? :heh

Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:31 pm

Well, it was put to good use.

Personally, I stick to fundamental Lutheran/Christian beleifs; but after my father died the Bible left a lot unanswered for me. For some time I claimed no religion. I turned to other teachings such as Bhuddism to find some grounds for the mental and spiritual peace that'd been shattered by my dad's untimely death. I found it.

What I found was nothing amazing. I basically came to find that all people will, and need to at some point, perish. And the sooner I came to accept this, the better off I would be.

So now, three years later, I beleve in the Gospel; that Jesus was sent to die for our sins, and that God made the universe in a seven days, but to quote the Bible, "To the Father (God), ten thousand years goes in a blink of an eye and a blink of an eye in ten thousand years."

Here's the catch though. Rather than dedicating my life to bringing others to the Lord as the Bible would tell me to do, I want nothing more than to find "inner peace" which to me is stoicism beyond physical or mental anguish. To become so mentally strong that nothing can ever break me. Confused? Well, you can't break what you don't understand. :china

Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:32 pm

that's quite a spiritual journey.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:23 am

Its the belief that Jesus died for your sins that groups all denomination together. But for the record, Im really non-denominational. Thats a really cool story burro, glad you found what you was looking for.

As for me, I went to catholic school for a few years in early grade school and it wasnt horrible, but I still didnt like going through each bead on the rosary. However, I attened lutheran church every sunday which was strange. Then we sorta went "church hopping" and seen a whole different bunch of denominations. We settled at a chruch for a few years then moved to my current church. I never had an Oppertunity to experience other religions but Im really satisfide with my life right now. Its been pretty cool for me. I know some people who look at Christianity as a burden to their life, but not for me.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:23 am

Athiest

However if I was to have any religion it would either be Wiccan, Buddhism or Satanism.

But only because to me those religions have the rules that make most sense.

But again thats IMO
Post a reply