Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:18 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Do you play guitar?
Yep 53%  53%  [ 8 ]
Nope 47%  47%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 15
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:44 pm  Post subject: Guitar  
So, today I dug out my brother's old acoustic, looked up some tutorials online, and started to play guitar. I'm terrible obviously, but I don't expect any miracles. :heh I think I'm gonna sign up for lessons soon, once school starts up. Right now I am trying to get the gist of the chords, and just try and get a bit comfortable with just handling the guitar, and picking and all. I looked up a few simple songs, just to make sure I was making the proper sounds, and I played (slowly, and painfully) here comes the bride, the harry potter theme, and the oompa loompa song. (all use like, 2 stings :heh) So anyone here play guitar? Discuss here your experience, if you play with a group or by yourself, how long you have been playing, how you got started, and stuff like that. Or maybe you can drop a few hints for anyone (including me) just starting out. :heh

Sarah and Joanne are wrong- this stays in here until it's proven.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:08 pm  Post subject:   
SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #3
ive played the guitar since i was about 10yrs old. My uncle got me into it since he gave me three of his electic guitars :pimp Acoustics are perfect to begin with because if you mess up you cant hear it as much and dont sound as bad. :heh and you dont have to worry about an amp. Although with an acoustic you will be limited with the ammount of songs you can play. Once you get comfortable with the acoustic i would recommend buying fender for a beginning electric guitar.
The first song i ever learned was from nirvana and i think the song was called smells like teen spirit. I learned most of creed's songs and i can play a lot of stainds as well as disturbed. I just usually put in a c.d. and try to play from that since i suck really bad at learning tabs :heh
Just keep practicing and practicing and you will get it. Once you get all the keys down your set. i took a jazz/guitar class when i was young and it helped me out a lot. i definitely recommend taking one if you can.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:33 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
i have an acoustic i bought years and years ago and evetually i'll take lessons and buy an electric at some point as well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:18 pm  Post subject:   
awesome vix :cheers playing electric is so much funner especially if you have a kick ass amp.(which i dont) :heh My amp has like 50watts good luck if you need any help i would like to help you. I could maybe make a little vid of me playing some songs that would be cool i guess. well heres a little pic of one of my acoustic's

it's a piece of crap yamaha but i love it for some reason :???

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:40 pm  Post subject:   
I have an acoustic, classical, and electric guitar. I've been playing for many years now.

PD~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:41 pm  Post subject:   
Classical

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:01 pm  Post subject:   
This topic seems to pop up every now and then...

I've got an acoustic and electric, been playing for several years, but haven't played much this summer. I'm probably done with my guitars, unless whatever I do in college effects a change.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:11 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
Ok, I don't know that much about guitars but they have always interested me....what's a classical guitar?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:11 pm  Post subject:   
i, personally, do not play the guitar... but recently my bro picked up my dad's old acoustic and tuned it, got new strings, printed off tabs, and now he sounds awesome after months of sounding terrible :heh but, keep at it mess, cuz i totally have a weakness for guys who can play songs on any guitar...

my bro plays a lot of nirvana (which i loooove btw), some green day, and im getting him tabs for a couple creed songs, but yeah, it is hard to find songs with acoustic guitar in them... or else you're jus strumming on only 2 strings :)

good luck at self-teaching yourself! :cheers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:09 pm  Post subject:   
elevation wrote:
This topic seems to pop up every now and then...

I've got an acoustic and electric, been playing for several years, but haven't played much this summer. I'm probably done with my guitars, unless whatever I do in college effects a change.

Do you have a some sort of case for your acoustic guitar? If you do, I might buy it from you...

Anyways, I've been playing for about 2 months but not continuously (just got strings on the thing today :P )

voltage: alrite

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:46 pm  Post subject:   
I'm not about to sell my guitars....!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:19 pm  Post subject:   
Guitars are priceless. Especially if you are able to get them signed. My uncle gave me some of his guitars which were signed by many various artists because he works at m.gm. grand in las vegas. my favorite is signed autograph of creed and willie nelson. :yes :pimp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:39 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: jonipooon
I don't play guitar.

I play drums.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:43 am  Post subject:   
XBL: l Kayleigh J l
I have lessons for the Electric Guitar :) And i play the Drums,alright..and the Keyboard. hehe.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:53 am  Post subject:   
XBL: Rezurekdead
PSN: CrimsonMastodon
I've got a thing for bass guitars, i mostly play Rage Against The Machine Tracks

Welcome Home....

#1 Viggo Fan since 2003.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:29 am  Post subject:   
I've been playing since 7. I've never owned a acustic though. The only guitar i've ever owned is my Washburn Maverick. I have a Ibanez 120 amp, a kapo, three slides, and an old outdated pedal my uncle gave me last time i went to Arkansas to visit my realitives... When i'm bored i like to play blues. When i'm angry i like to play the rock music :-p When i feel creative i like to play some of that Earth Wind and Fire Funk... or Marvin Gaye, or Beck, or i make my own.
[center]Image
Thats my Washburn. Sorry about the bluryness.[/center]

my favorite guitarists are.

Tom Morello
Eric Clapton
Prince
Bob Mould
Kirk Tantal
Steve Vai
and all of you. :)

MYSPACE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:42 am  Post subject: