Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:59 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Who do you want to win?
Kerry 54%  54%  [ 26 ]
Bush 46%  46%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 48
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:40 pm  Post subject:   
Ouroboros wrote:
Sorry about that. Didn't notice because Firefox blocks that sort of thing :wink

thats hella cool that firefox blocks (or doesn't work with) that kinda crap(trojans). i actually just downloaded firefox a couple of days ago, i guess its time to actually start using it!! it does look nice and simple!! :china

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:21 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Just to show you it's too close to call, regardless of what the media says - last week there were a handful of reports that Bush was leading in battleground states. Now:

Quote:
In polling from Sept. 8-10, Bush was ahead by 52-40 percent among registered voters and 54-39 percent among likely voters. But in follow-up polling from Sept. 11-14, the center found the race 46-46 among registered voters and 47-46 Bush among likely voters.

Dead Heat. :yes

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6019598/

We'll see how it goes...you're not gonna convince me it's over til the day after the election, heheh.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:11 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Overall: #1
  • SSX: Racing: #2
alpmaster wrote:

The pic of kerry has most likely been edited, his stance before he caught the football...the ball doesn't even have a shadow :heh

And ofcourse, football jocks are ALWAYS the smartest people in the crowd...

Even if it isnt real, WTF is kerry doing! :heh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:13 pm  Post subject:   
He's missing a catch so Bush would be better in that situation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:26 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
Just to show you it's too close to call, regardless of what the media says - last week there were a handful of reports that Bush was leading in battleground states. Now:

Quote:
In polling from Sept. 8-10, Bush was ahead by 52-40 percent among registered voters and 54-39 percent among likely voters. But in follow-up polling from Sept. 11-14, the center found the race 46-46 among registered voters and 47-46 Bush among likely voters.

Dead Heat. :yes

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6019598/

We'll see how it goes...you're not gonna convince me it's over til the day after the election, heheh.

This is by far the closest of all polls, and of course it's MSNBC, one of the 3 most liberal associations in America. By the way, the reason the polls are much closer now is because the convention bounce is completely over and now Kerry will get his final bounce before the debates (which will come back down by the way). Al Gore was crushing Bush at this time 4 years ago, and we all know how that turned out. I know you want to be optimistic about Kerry because you don't care much for Bush, but it's really not that close and Kerry is struggling big time. All media channels are even acknowledging this. CBS is getting hammered because of Memo-gate, NBC is upset with Kerry for not "showing his face", and now it's being reported that liberal radio talk-shows that have Kerry on their programs are bad mouthing him because he doesn't make any sense, so now Kerry refuses to do any more radio because his own people are beginning to hate him. CBS is really hurting Kerry with their scandle, and now they're trying to spin the story. Dan Rather came on saying, "We were unfortunately misled with these documents. However, it doesn't take away from the fact that what the documents say are true." Well, that's a lie because the family of the man who wrote the documents (the real ones, not these fake ones) loved Bush and said he was well liked by everyone. The liberals are caught in an enormous lie and Kerry has been in hiding ever since. John Edwards can't even hold his own weight. He's only getting about 200 people to come see him talk in various cities, so now he's been ordered to no longer speak becaue the turnout is so poor. It's getting pretty sad and embarrassing for the democrats... and I'm loving every minute of it.

By the way, Gondee... on the link you submitted, did you do the poll on that page about, "If the presidential election were held this week, who would you vote for?"?... as I write this now, that poll out of 60,000 votes has Bush ahead 57% to 42%... and this is on MSNBC!!!

PD~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:33 pm  Post subject:   
MSNBC is far from liberal, in college we used news stories they ran to illustrate the conservative end of the spectrum when it comes to covering the President. It's not just their choice of words in their stories, the lead stories they run frequently display conservative leanings - taking stories that are 3rd "page" on CNN and displaying them as lead story with a Pro-Bush headline. They've been more even-handed in recent months, but their Cable TV channel is sometimes ridiculously conservative, to the point where it's been discounted by the other news agencies. Memos have surfaced where MSNBC executives have killed anti-Bush stories because they didn't want the bad press of seeming "anti-patriotic." I think overall CNN is the most liberal, followed by even-handed (if you don't count that guy who hates Michael Moore) Fox News and then MSNBC.

Quote:
By the way, Gondee... on the link you submitted, did you do the poll on that page about, "If the presidential election were held this week, who would you vote for?"?... as I write this now, that poll out of 60,000 votes has Bush ahead 57% to 42%... and this is on MSNBC!!!

They keep running this poll over and over. A month ago, Kerry was ahead 49-41, or some similar close-to or actual double-digit lead. Point is, it changes. 8 weeks is a long time, and internet polls can change at the drop of a hat.

As far as memo-gate goes, I think it reflects worse on CBS news than it does on Kerry - CBS made their own hole by continously flatly denying the possibility that they could be faked, and even now they've been waffling by saying they're "actual documents from copies", lol. Dan Rather is a dumbass, lol.

Last edited by gondee on Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:40 pm  Post subject:   
When MSNBC first established a respectable news stance, their main focus was to be the conservative alternative to CNN. In 1999, over 85% of the viewers were labeled conservative. Although I don't have numbers for 2004, MSNBC is no longer conservative because of FOX, which whether you want to consider them "down the middle" or "slightly conservative", because FOX is now the dominant news source on television. So now MSNBC has started to compete with CBS and CNN on liberal stances and is doing quite well. It's all about money to them and that's why they're going against their beliefs of what they wanted to be. Liberal, liberal, liberal.

PD~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:56 pm  Post subject:   
Quote:
MSNBC is no longer conservative because of FOX, which whether you want to consider them "down the middle" or "slightly conservative", because FOX is now the dominant news source on television. So now MSNBC has started to compete with CBS and CNN on liberal stances and is doing quite well

MSNBC has been conservative for a long time, and like I said, hasn't been nearly as liberal as CNN has always been - CNN regularly has panel shows which slam Bush, MSNBC and FOX have ones that slam Kerry (Scarborough on MSNBC is a big one.)

In that case, you could only argue that MSNBC is middle of the road now, certainly not a liberal hothouse like CNN (and even if I believed MSNBC has gone liberal, it would only mean that MSNBC is strictly middle of the road with no real reason to go liberal in their stories because liberals like me don't trust MSNBC because of their past.) When I see similar stories run on MSNBC about some Bush story, CNN typically has anti-Bush leanings in their story placement and articles, MSNBC is the opposite end.

And for what it's worth, it's not an MSNBC only article. It's on Reuters as well:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... n_polls_dc

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Jump to:  

Information
Page 9 of 9 [ 208 posts ]  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9