Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:15 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:02 pm  Post subject: Mass Effect  
XBL: CAtcH174
Recently I noticed a few posts (specifically gondee and Charmy) talking about the mass effect series, and I thought it would be a cool idea to throw up a topic about it.

Just a little history, I started playing Mass Effect when my friend lent me the game back in 2008 I believe. I have never been hooked on a series that fast. Everything down from the choice based conversations to the truly amazing codex that explains all of the future technology that's featured, and a lot more. Instantly bought ME2, and was overjoyed at all of it. I received ME3 (collectors edition :D ) last week and played through that.

I'm so happy I got to complete this amazing trilogy. Its by far my favorite game series ( SSX is second :heh )

Now onto the point of this thread. Discuss whatever the heck you want about Mass Effect. I'd LOVE to be able to talk with a tight knit community like this about another game that I am truly passionate about. Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:04 am  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
XBL: Bildi
I didn't buy ME1 originally, I wasn't too inspired by it, and I really didn't like KOTOR much so that put me off Bioware games.

Then I saw some screens from ME2, and thought it looked a lot more inspired (particularly Thane's design). When the ME2 demo came out I played it and by the time I walked out into the vacuum I was utterly hooked.

Bought and played ME1 through before going on to ME2. I think I spent over 50 hours in ME1 and over 70 hours in ME2 with all the DLC for both - I tried to squeeze as much entertainment as possible out of them. ME2 would easily be in my top 5 games.

I've bought ME3, but will probably only play it at the end of the year. Being an offline game I don't mind so much when I play it, and I love the series so much I don't want the experience to end anytime soon. :heh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:11 am  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
PSN: Veckodag
I love me some Mass Effect. I didn't pick up the original back in the days (It was Xbox only) but I borrowed a friends Xbox so I could play it through. So when Mass Effect 2 would finally be put on PS3, I was so thrilled I bought it immediately... To PC! :P
I'd get well invested into it, I would sometimes start it up just so I could read the codex. I've read most of the comics and all the novels except the newest error filled one (I havn't burned it yet :lol )
When they mentioned a mission to Grissom Academy I got so excited, and when I heard Kahlee Sanders on the comms I freaked the frakk out.
I havn't got to far into ME3 yet, I play games like these very, very slow. In Fallout: New Vegas I was 40 hours in before I actually reached New Vegas. I suggest to check out the Blasto 6: Partners in Crime movie thingy in the Presidum Commons. I also got sucked into purchasing the From Ashes DLC. Javik is awesome :thumbsup

I enjoy the multiplayer, if anyone on Origin want to play just add me, same name as PSN.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
Agreed, Javik is the man :D and I still have to do Blasto 6 haha

Was anyone else as upset as I was at the ending? among a few other things (trying to avoid spoilers :) )

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
XBL: Kaavyn
I played a bit of ME1 and kind of left it to dry. I also have ME2. I've heard not-so-good things about ME3 :/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:15 am  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
Kav, dont be discouraged by the stuff you read online about ME3. 95% of the game is purely amazing. In my opinion, they cleaned up everything and made things a little better, combat is a bit faster. If you don't like it, you don't like it but try to immerse yourself in the story, and then that's when it becomes a great game! :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
Javik > Garrus?

I haven't played ME3 but I'm guessing Garrus is still the most awesome dude in the galaxy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
Garrus is my favorite squadmate and you know he's back :) I actually took him and javik out a lot because I was playing infiltrator. I <3 Infiltrator.

Theres actually a realy memorable scene with Garrus, it made me smile. :)

Like I said, theres a metric crap ton of awesome in this game. You're dumb to not play it because a sub par ending. I'm not buying any alternate ending dlc that's not free, because Bioware blatantly lied. The game is amazing except for the end

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:00 pm  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
I play Infiltrator as well. Infiltrator + Kasumi was an awesome and cheeky was to play ME2.

Garrus is the bees knees. As a male playing a femshep I was at first worried about the lack of an Asari or lesbian relationship in ME2, but when I found out I could get in on with Garrus it was ON. :pimp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:36 am  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
nicely done :china

I stayed faithful to our blue headed scientist friend throughout all three games. I was glad she has a much larger and important role in 3.
Unfortunately my friends know it too, they come into my dorm room and if im playing, they first thing they ask is "have you fucked the blue chick yet?" makes me smile every time :lol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
:lol

Yeah, I'm not sure how I'm going to explain this Turian thing to Liara in ME3. I say it's Liara's fault for only being in DLC in 2. :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:42 am  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
Ohh its tough to not reveal any spoilers as I wouldn't want to ruin the game for you :frusty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:03 am  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
XBL: Morph Phoenix
I didn't enjoy ME1 as much as I thought I would, but I did play it through, and put a lot of hours into it.

I got mass effect 2, loved it, I found it very hard to put it down until I eventually completed it.

I should be getting Mass Effect 3 today when my wife comes back with my copy. SSX is going to have to be on the sideline a bit when I get it..

I've heard some things which don't sound too great about ME3, but I'm going to be seeing what the fuss is about for myself, and then decide how aweful it is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:22 am  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
XBL: murph17
rented ME1, didn't quite get into it, the long loading times certainly didn't help.

tried ME2 almost a year after it came out. liked it a lot more, totally got into it, bought a few of the DLC packs.

ME3 is sitting on my table still shrink wrapped thanks to SSX.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
haha murph you have much more control than I. And the "bad" parts you are hearing refer to the last 10 minutes of a 30 hour playthrough. Still worth every penny in my opinion :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
XBL: PaRtYR0ck3r
Didn't play ME1 all the way Played ME2 but lost my thumb-drive :cry but what I really want to know is if anyone know how If I can still get into the early access online demo or is it over I don't have the game yet so don't spoil me. I may not even get it for other reasons (one being that I heard the ending is horrible), but I really want to try out the multiplayer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
the ending isn't great but you REALLY can't let that discourage you from buying the game! Every second of the game other than that was amazing! I'm not sure if the demo multiplayer is still active...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
PSN: SSX_Kromat83
Still planning to get Mass Effect 3, but I just recently
beat Mass Effect 2, so I can wait a while now.

I'll let the price go down, so maybe 6-12 months wait, will make it
cheaper, and give me a chance to work on my backlog of games.

Sometimes i need to make sacrifices, to work on games
that I wanted too, but got distracted.

Battlefield 3 campaign, is what I'm currently working on, neglected it
for far too long, because I enjoyed the Multiplayer a lot more.

Need to give Borderlands more time in the future, only at Level 31,
with a bunch of zones to explore and do the DLC.

Click to reveal hidden content: show
Wipeout HD Fury, Burnout Paradise, Limbo, Braid, Megaman 9 & 10,
Battlefield 1943 i need to conquer on the PS3 too.

PS2 will finally be getting dusted off, to play Okami,
Shadow of the Colossus, Rise of Kasai, Metal Gear Solid 3.

Wii, Metroid Prime 3 / Twilight Princess / Final Fantasy Crysal Chronicles

DS - Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
PSP - Crimson Gem Saga, Persona 3, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Knights in the Nightmare

As you can tell, I don't need any more games,
and will gladly play these games, but my lack of
self control, and wanted to play something new,
has got me to buy, instead of finishing what i
already own, and time is a factor too.

P.S. This year, I'm planning to get these :
Diablo 3, Darksiders 2, Uncharted 3 , Devil Survivor 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
XBL: Morph Phoenix
qazzx wrote:
the ending isn't great but you REALLY can't let that discourage you from buying the game! Every second of the game other than that was amazing! I'm not sure if the demo multiplayer is still active...

I finished the game now. Have you looked into possible explanations of the ending? I'd tell you what to search for but it would be *spoiler*.

Have to say, the explanation makes a lot of sense, and if it is what the devs were aiming for.. bloody hell, pure genuis.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:54 am  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #2
XBL: Royank
PSN: Royank
Well Bioware is in the works on making a alternate ending in future DLC to give some closure.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
*potential ending spoilers* my anger with the ending has been somewhat of a bell curve shape. At first I was alright with it, just from the shear power of the last scene. Then, i was reading some arguments about how it does not take into (major) account your paragon/renegade, your major choices, your love interest, etc. In that sense it was very disappointing. I'm over it, and being the poor college student that I am I dont think i'll dish out more money for an alternate ending. YouTube ftw! definitely for a worthwile dlc mission though.

Can you believe some people were sending death threats to the developers? i mean christ with all the anger you would think Shepard getting hit by Harbinger would be the ending. That's so dumb. This reinforces my theory that people, in this case gamers, have no class, no respect for the creative minds of others, and just want their game. If they don't like it, apparently the dev team deserves to get killed. Smh gaming community...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:00 am  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #3
XBL: iTofu
I didn't buy the original right away. However, after playing through Mass Effect 2 I was hooked. I bought the original made a couple of high level saves then ended up making a lot of Mass Effect 2 saves. I think I have 5 "perfect" saves ready for ME3 with a variety of jobs. Anyway, bought the comics, read the books, etc. Definitely into it.

Played Mass Effect 3, loved everything until... (try to phrase this without spoilers) the last time you talk to Anderson, after that I had a *facepalm* *sigh* moment. In any case, I'm waiting to see what happens with BioWare at PAX. I don't think BioWare ever explicitly said there will be an alternate ending. In fact, BioWare's @MassEffect Twitter account refutes that every time someone says it, then replies with something like "we will release additional content to address questions, not necessarily alter anything."

Nonetheless, I am definitely a big fan of Mass Effect. I still play the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.

qazzx wrote:
the ending isn't great but you REALLY can't let that discourage you from buying the game! Every second of the game other than that was amazing!
Most definitely. I also think BioWare is going to repair the ending. At least a little bit, maybe change it, maybe not, but at least make it less of a "WTF?" type of ending.

qazzx wrote:
Can you believe some people were sending death threats to the developers? (snip) This reinforces my theory that people, in this case gamers, have no class, no respect for the creative minds of others, and just want their game. If they don't like it, apparently the dev team deserves to get killed. Smh gaming community...
It's definitely messed up. That being said, I think the people who did that are a tiny tiny tiny group of the whole. I think most people don't send any feedback, some people send respectful feedback, a small group send repeated fevered feedback and a very tiny group of extreme people go way over the line. Idk. I like to think most people are better than that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:20 am  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
Xbox 360 and PC Mass Effect 3 players have a new N7 Bounty Weekend event kicking off at 5pm PST on Friday. Operation Raptor will run until Monday at 5am PST, awarding players in the co-op multiplayer mode a Commendation pack for meeting the individual goal of promoting two characters from the multiplayer to the single-player game. The allied goal is for the community to promote 150,000 total characters to the single-player campaign, which will net all players a Victory pack.

The contents of these packs will be revealed next week when eligible players are rewarded the goods for completing the requisite tasks. Additionally, all players will earn an extra 10% XP this weekend. As for PS3, BioWare says it's working with Sony to bring these N7 Bounty Weekend events to the platform and will update accordingly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:28 am  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
royank wrote:
goal of promoting two characters from the multiplayer to the single-player game. .

What exactly is this? I havent had much time for games as of late, including multiplayer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:43 am  Post subject: Re: Mass Effect  
Not sure about single player promotion my character is maxed out at 60. But you get more xp this weekend for promoting your characters and get cool bonuses packs. They had done one before if you had killed a certain amount of brutes. Unfortunately its for 360 and PC...poor PS3 users

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  1, 2