Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:54 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:12 am  Post subject: Stalls  
What is a stall in ssx3. I've heard of it, but the only time ive seen it is in the new ssx3 trailer over at the official site. It shows allegra doing a backflip (right after showing the rail ubers) then it says "stalls" under the page, then atomica says ABSOLUTLY SICK, and then goes into uber combos and says "thes guys r pushin da limits here ppl". what are stalls? ANyone do them in the demo? I cant... :frusty :notmyfather

Last edited by Devil on Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:13 am  Post subject:   
PSN: rzrfvr
I think they work like this: you start a backflip, then you execute the stall and the characters hold their position (for example upside down) in the air until you release the stall and then the character finishes the backflip.

So I guess that you can say stalls "pause" or hold the animation of a trick(?)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:53 am  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Remember how in SSX or Tricky if you started flipping/spinning one direction (like holding up/right) and then switched to the opposite direction (like down/left) then the character slowed down? Then, if you resumed the first direction (up/right) you began spinning again...that's a stall.

I always thought it was just a no=no on the player's part to do this (it wasn't worth any points), but they've turned into an actual trick in this one. It'd better be worth losing all the extra points you would get for the spins/flips you lose for me even to consider it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:05 am  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
Yeah, gondee doesnt look like the gambling type. hehe.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:54 pm  Post subject:   
Classic Killa
  • SSX: Showoff: #2
There were many times in the original SSX when I could have enough time to finish a flip, but not have enough time for an extra flip. That's where you'd use a stall, and I can imagine lots of ways that would come in handy. I hope they got rid of that thing in Tricky where you could just flick the analong and you'd instantly go back to upright.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:56 pm  Post subject:   
Starving Artist
Are you joking... you can do that in Tricky? :wtf Damn... that could have probably saved me many-a-valuable points... 0_o;;;

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:08 pm  Post subject:   
I think it would be good for creative videos. Videos with style... Like imagine a super-sick and slow double backflip over a crazy gap or transfer!! :eek (drools) It could also add another facet to merqury city master runs... Any really creative runs that aren't nescesarilly high scorers could get a spot in the master runs... But then on the other hand you could do stalls since tricky so maybe it isn't that big of a deal... I still think we should have master runs just for creative vids. </rambling>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:18 pm  Post subject:   
Sounds pretty reasonable, only, as is shown here, gondee wants to put all these clips to music first. Bummer, huh? :cry

:)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:21 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
I don't know how many people would watch just videos with "cool tricks" if it didn't have some sort of hook to it, like a music video. You're certainly welcome to try, but "cool tricks" are in the eye of the beholder, so... :poke

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:25 pm  Post subject:   
Well, maybe they can be done as examples of tricks or runs, complete or partial. Like moving pictures in a FAQ, and nice-to-watch runs. With some you could leave out the sound - or put in music.. *sighs* :wink
---

gondee, you're right that most clips on ssx3.com are not much fun, apart from showing the surrounding and some of the possibililties in an event. But I for one would like it when I could watch (almost) impossible feats, like some spectacular jump in (old) Tokyo Megaplex, or some once-in-a-lifetime lucky shot by someone. Or showing the difference in Trick-abillity between several characters on a short part of a track.

I see: examples, examples and lots of funny stuff, and enough people to provide them, if needed. But, it is just a possibility... :)

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]