Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:19 am  Post subject: Help in picking which version of SSX3  
Hey there!

I was interested in any that have played both versions of XBOX and PS2 versions of the previous game. I have played SSX and SSX:Tricky on PS2 for years, but have recently purchased an XBOX.

Now I find Myself torn between playing SSX3 with the controls I have come used to over the years or playing it on a smoother system with better graphics hardware.

Any Pro's and Con's would really be appreciated. I am currently leaning toward PS2 just because Me and My other 30+ year old little kid friends have been used to that version. :)

Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:03 pm  Post subject:   
Classic Killa
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX: Showoff: #2
I couldn't stand the xbox Tricky u_u

I hate the controller, period. It was just horrible for SSX (especially if you're used to the ps2). I prefer using the dpad to steer and spin (the only thing I used the analog for in either PS2 SSX was to balance on a rail), and 4 shoulder buttons worked so much better. I'm going to get it for PS2, because smoother graphics wont make up for the controls (IMO of course). That's just my biased opinion... but then again, that's what you asked for...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:55 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: tk9077
PSN: tk102
You should choose the one in which you are more confortable with the controls. Take note that graphics aren't everything.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:22 pm  Post subject:   
There's bound to be a demo for the X-Box soon. If you don't like those controls then the PS2-version is a save bet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:42 pm  Post subject:   
Dude, the PS2 is the obvious choice! Better controls, better gameplay, ONLINE! It even has a more extensive set of tricks (actually just one), but ps2 is THE ssx top console! :dj

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:09 pm  Post subject:   
u know they do make a thing that u can use (i'm pretty sure u can get them for any console) where u can use a ps2 controler with your xbox(or vice versa)! just a thought. i wish i could remember where i saw them or what they are called but i can't. i'm sure if u searched for gaming accesories on google u could find a store that carries them without too much trouble.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:37 pm  Post subject:   
I tried playing on the X-Box and it took me a while to get used to it...It seems like you can do tricks faster on the XBox for some reason, but I'd stick with they ps2 though

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:54 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
I have to go with the PS2..

Mainly because whenever a game is immediately available for all 3 major consoles, it always is the best on PS2!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:01 pm  Post subject:   
PS2 all the way for me(Since my Xbox is in the living room and my PS2 is in my room) :heh cause the controls are, how do you say.....WAY BETTER!! :yes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:14 am  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
Well, I first played tricky on the XBOX and it was awesome. graphics are superior and stuff BUT as u may know by now the controls suck AFTER you try the ps2. as they say, "once you go black, you can never go back" and the online is just icing on the cake! ps2 liek whut! especially if u wanna bust some records.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:48 pm  Post subject: Yeah for the vocal minority!  
I figured since this was an all PS2-support topic, with maybe a small amount of XBox support, I needed to add
YEA SSX ON GAMECUBE! (Tricky that is)
You can trash it however you want, with whatever facts you want, but it'll always be my baby and I'll love it forever!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:37 am  Post subject:   
Self-contained Sanitarium
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #3
If you're into the online bonus with the PS2, that's the one to get. If not, the X-Box version will be plenty good enough.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:42 am  Post subject:   
Which reminds me that since this will be the first serious port to the xbox, with a changed button-layout, records will be coming in for that platform too. So one table per event won't be sufficient anymore, or will it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:09 pm  Post subject:   
I played Tricky once on the X Box when I was at a game festival and it really sucked shit (not the festival though)! The controller slipped out of my hand (cuz that thing is too huge for my hands!) each time I wanna do a trick and then of course the people who were standing behind me laughed at me :cry . So till that day: I NEVER play on the X Box again! Period! :china

PS2 ROCKS! :yes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:35 pm  Post subject:   
Will all the tricks for the PS2 version of SSX 3 be in the X-box and Gamecube versions as well? If I recall correctly, a few of the grabs/tricks were omitted in the X-box and Gamecube versions of Tricky. Hopefully, EA will get around that difficulty this time.

As for which console to choose, I don't really have that much to add except to say that it all depends on what you're looking for in the game and what you're used to.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:14 am  Post subject:   
Doesnt the gamecube version have fewer tricks???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:06 am  Post subject:   
Thanks everyone for the input!

Over the weekend I rented Tricky for the XBOX and imagine my suprise when I went to hit a basic Flying Squirrel and could not. :cry

As far as the Graphics I noticed a few little differences like the snow having more texture but after really looking for a difference I couldn't tell anything else.

I'm going with the PS2 version. I started off my SSX adventure on the PS2 nearly 3 years ago when I got the PS2 the day it was available and I have not been let down by it yet. Maybe with SSX3 I'll break down and get the cable modem hook up for it.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:52 pm  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
:china no problem young one..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:34 am  Post subject:   
I too hate the xbox controller, for me it will be a choice between gamecube and ps2, i'm lovin' the wavebird at the moment wireless gaimg = ownage

PS2 versions always seem to score higher on game sites though, at this stage i don't see online ps2 at my place anytime soon

so once controllers and online play go out the window, which will be better?

Hmmm

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]