Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:04 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:46 am  Post subject: Slowly crawling back - Intimidator Question/Help  
PSN: EnjeruKira17
What's up Merq City. Been gone for a long time. I was completely burnt out on SSX (add to the fact my PS3 got busted up and some other personal stuff got in the way). But I'm back...playing SSX 3 (maybe Tricky too if my friend PM's me back for God's sake >:o.)

I recently got a 2:11 on The Throne and a 1:58 on Ruthless Ridge. Now I'm grinding my way through Intimidator, AKA I HATE THIS RACE TRACK - track.

I got a 1:56 yesterday after 13 hours of non-stop grinding, but I used Voltron's 1:49 route which I don't know if it's legal or not. It uses the wormhole over the hill behind the dNL billboard after the tunnel. Not the über frustrating rail wormhole in the village. But I did end up at the same place where the village wormhole takes you, (halfway through the woods before the slaloms) and not at the jump before the finish like in Voltron's video.

So I really would like to know if this wormhole (behind the dNL billboard) is legit or not so I don't grind the wrong route.

I thank you in advance.
- HVCK / EK17

PS: Thank you Merq for making me fall in love with SSX again.
PS(2): I really hope this ain't a stupid question, but I don't want to submit a wrong race :s

Priceless
http://ssx.ozmonet.com/user/771231484

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:04 am  Post subject: Re: Slowly crawling back - Intimidator Question/Help  
I'm really unsure if it is legal or not, but gondee said anything you find in ssx 3 is not legal, you can only use stuff from the master runs, ill try to find the topic when he said that.

EDIT: here is the topic: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11808

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:41 am  Post subject: Re: Slowly crawling back - Intimidator Question/Help  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Yes, that's right. Any new wormhole found after the ones listed in the Master Runs is invalid. There are just too many holes in the damn tracks and after a certain point it makes effectively nullifies competition.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:04 am  Post subject: Re: Slowly crawling back - Intimidator Question/Help  
  • SSX 3: Racing: #2
That Intimidator wormhole gets me so frustrated... it's my least favourite track too!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Slowly crawling back - Intimidator Question/Help  
To me, it should be very simple. For any run to be truly "clean", you must land on snow (or ice or anything else physical in the game). Any reset or wormhole of any kind invalidates the run. I gave up trying to go for best times because everything on every scoreboard ended up being a contest to see who could find the biggest glitch in the map. Fortunately, it is a little easier to record and submit video these days, so it will be easier to prove a clean run.

Let's all sacrifice goats and cattle in hopes they, some day, remake this game for the newer consoles without doing anything more than updating graphics and fixing bugs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:41 am  Post subject: Re: Slowly crawling back - Intimidator Question/Help  
  • SSX 3: Racing: #2
I totally agree with you man :thumbsup

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]