Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:05 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:50 pm  Post subject: The Demo  
When I got my OPM my demo didn't work! So I was just wondering if people whose demo did work could tell me how it was. Atleast I can hear about it, you know.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:52 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: tk9077
PSN: tk102
You can attempt to get that disc to work. I dunno exactly how but clean the disk and make sure there's no glue stuff on the disc at all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:04 pm  Post subject:   
I rebooted the system, cleaning it between stages atleast 15 times, and made sure there is no glue on it. So being that everything works but SSX3 on it, I don't have any other ideas. :frusty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:09 pm  Post subject:   
i have had that happen to me on so many diffarent demo discs, the one that really pissed me off was the xbox disc that had the splinter cell kola cell downloadable level, which didn't work(i was so pissed)

As far as the demo goes it certainly had its problems! there was a weird fall and roll half way down the mt. thing when u wrecked, sometimes u would get stuck in rocks or fall through thte level. Anyways those are the downsides to it! The good points are u really get an idea of what they are talking about with the whole no menus thing, and having it feel like a real mt.! you bail out of chopper thing and then you are ridin! go where u want! Big Air, Slopestyle, etc. just ride down the rite path into the event. very cool! Theres a dj guy on the in game radio station which u should be able to access via your M-comm, which is like an palm type thing in the bottom corner(not in the demo, and i guess u acsess just about everything threw it)! The board press is in my opinion is the coolest part of the new demo! by flipping up and down on the right analog stick, u can ride on your tail or nose, when u start to fall forward(waving your hands alot in the falling motion), u switch to the oppsite direction with the stick, and u will spin around and continue your board press, u also use the board press to link jumps and tricks to make super combos. u can do handplants on rails by pressing the triangle button!
There are also the EA BIG Challenges which the one i can remeber was, take this next section without getting more than ten seconds of air, or somethin like that! they look cool! Anyway sorry about your disc that is a bummer!

Last edited by Titan on Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:15 pm  Post subject:   
Acually you can do ubers titan, I do super ubers all the time. When you fill up your boost meter you can ubers. You do them the same way in tricky as in the demo. You can also do rail ubers by pressing a shoulder button while grinding.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:18 pm  Post subject:   
Sounds great! Just wish I could try it... :frusty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:37 pm  Post subject:   
HOLY CRAP! Your righti, just went and threw the demo in, and sure enough, ubers! WOW! i was so caught up in just doing low land tricks with the board press that i flat out missed em! Right on!

Last edited by Titan on Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:37 am  Post subject:   
Hey bud. You can mail in to OPM tell em your demo disk is brooken. It on a page near the begining of the magazine in small print... I think it on the index page. The demo rocks!

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]