Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:23 am  Post subject: Well, i played SSX3 for the first time after SSX (2012).....  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
and it is hard. you would think that the newer games would be harder, but most are much easier.

when i played SSX 3 back when i was a kid, i would just mess around. i didnt understand basically anything that was on there. now, its like a whole new game. im also starting scratch on a character i have been meaning to use: Kaori.

Is there anyone else who went back to the old games after the new one?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:11 am  Post subject: Re: Well, i played SSX3 for the first time after SSX (2012).  
PSN: Kinomi_XD
it's not harder, you just need to get used to it. A week ago I too wanted to play some SSX 3 and it was weird and slow but once you get used to it it's good. Once I came back to SSX 2012 framerate seemed so shitty.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:03 am  Post subject: Re: Well, i played SSX3 for the first time after SSX (2012).  
in the new one, you have all of these auto balancing features for the rails and the tricks will speed up before you land. those types of things. its just weird saying you want to play an older game when the new one is out

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Well, i played SSX3 for the first time after SSX (2012).  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
You should try playing On Tour on PSP for a week. You have no idea what hard is until youve tried that after 2012

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Well, i played SSX3 for the first time after SSX (2012).  
I tried to go back to SSX 3.

My game crashed. End of story :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:13 am  Post subject: Re: Well, i played SSX3 for the first time after SSX (2012).  
^^^^ That sucks. i think i went through 2 SSX 3 CDs.

If there is one thing i love about SSX 3, its the tricks. the spins are slow enough for you to enjoy them, instead of the blur of orange streaks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:24 am  Post subject: Re: Well, i played SSX3 for the first time after SSX (2012).  
I remember that the only monster trick that I knew was aphrodite.
When I saw a TAS I cursed myself :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:34 am  Post subject: Re: Well, i played SSX3 for the first time after SSX (2012).  
Legendsuper wrote:
I remember that the only monster trick that I knew was aphrodite.
When I saw a TAS I cursed myself :D

DUDE, i never knew how to do Monster Tricks. i have watched alot of these High Scores vids and all they do is spam monster tricks.

this is why i will be playing this alot now. to figure out those monster tricks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:44 am  Post subject: Re: Well, i played SSX3 for the first time after SSX (2012).  
PSN: Classic_Beauty21
I recently played SSX 3 like a week ago. The controls were the hard part as I mostly use standard controls in SSX 2012. It felt so great to play 3 again. I felt so happy and the getting use to it's scheme was simple after so long. I found it easy after a few minutes of adapting. :)

I guess controls aren't that big of deal for me personally anymore. Since the beginning of the series, I notice the control schemes are always changing in every game.

Tricky - 3 - On Tour- Blur. All completely different sets when it comes to controls. Something was always changed, added, or removed. Go figure :heh

Playing 3 made me realize how the new one will never compare to the old ones like Tricky and 3. I like 2012 but pfff, it's got nothing on 3 or Tricky imo of course. ;)

Yes I have a masters degree on ssxology, doc.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Well, i played SSX3 for the first time after SSX (2012).  
XBL: Quicquidlibet
PSN: SpontaneousFish5 (Never use)
I checked out SSX 3 last week. It took me a while to get use to the control (I use standard with sticks) and once I did I just sat back and did a full peak run. You could live every second to the fullest, ever spin, every flip, everything you did. I was able to enjoy racing (I suck at racing in 2012) and it was like seeing it in a whole different view. I also got to play as young Griff again. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:53 am  Post subject: Re: Well, i played SSX3 for the first time after SSX (2012).  
see, back when i was a kid and played 3, i just played. i didnt really care about gold or silver or even unlocking the events. i just played. but since i have turned into such a perfectionist, i have been having a blast 100% the game. then i got Tricky to work on.

yay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Well, i played SSX3 for the first time after SSX (2012).  
XBL: surfswifty
Crazy_driveR3 wrote:
see, back when i was a kid and played 3, i just played. i didnt really care about gold or silver or even unlocking the events. i just played. but since i have turned into such a perfectionist, i have been having a blast 100% the game. then i got Tricky to work on.

yay

Same here, when SSX 3 came out I was more extatic over that than getting my driver's license. I mostly just free-rode and really wanted that pumpkin hat on Nate :lol And it's like 9 years later andmy original xbox ain't working anymore so I ordered the gamecube version of ssx 3 from amazon.ca. Should be here any day now... Then it's back to playing 3 > 2012

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Well, i played SSX3 for the first time after SSX (2012).  
XBL: thunderstrukx1
I still play SSX3 nearly as much as I do with SSX (2012).

I miss a few things like DJ Atomika, Nate Logan and the Peak 3 Race. I would also say that I miss the music, but that's kind of not true since I burned a disc that contained all the tracks from SSX3 and SSX: On Tour, ripped them onto my HDD and play SSX (2012) with these nostalgic tracks. I enjoyed spelling out Super Uber, and especially loved the tracks. More than anything, the tracks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:50 am  Post subject: Re: Well, i played SSX3 for the first time after SSX (2012).  
PSN: Endemism
Had a dream last night, riding down Big Mountain IRL with the controls in my hands. Was thinking to myself "this is mad gameplay!", but I never came to find it weird that I controlled my own boarding movements with my thumbs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:30 am  Post subject: Re: Well, i played SSX3 for the first time after SSX (2012).  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
I still like the new one over Tricky and 3. Like hands down. And you guys all know I was the biggest old school SSX fanboy.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]