Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:10 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:02 pm  Post subject: MMOs  
gondee's FAQ writer
Hey all, just wondering who else has played an MMO and gotten completely sucked in. I managed to free myself from WoW, after 18 months or so, by selling my character (btw anyone see that bit on 1up reporting that virtual property is no longer going to be sold on ebay?!!) so it would be permanent.

I was just thinking back on how it was such a crazy ride, as I continue to get mail from people asking me for advice for a game I haven't played since September (and so much has changed my advice is always the same: ask someone else).

Anyone have any crazy stories about an MMO they played? I started playing WoW because my cousin insisted, then he quit playing and I played solo and later with a select group of people, and through bizarre luck, being at the right place and the right time, and learning I actually had alot of talent at my role, ended up in a top 5 worldwide guild -- looking back on it, its crazy, it was something I never aimed for. I ended up leaving when my toon had the best gear of any druid on the entire server (the guild I was in was extrememly helpful to any other guild on the server -- no elitist attitude was tolerated, and thus we had a very good relationship with all the top guilds, both horde and alliance, and commonly chatted with each other over vent, to the pt that everyone knew of or knew everyone else) -- and after all that, at the very end, the synopsis, which i still don't agree with, was that I was the very best of my class, and one of the 3 best healers on the entire server (and i was a druid).

Thats my crazy story, because I had no desire to be that when I started, and never considered myself the best druid or top 3 anything -- I was just a guy who really liked wow and helping other players out. I was a total carebear on a pvp server who routinely got my ass handed to me in pvp, yet towards the end got deferential treatment by all players, without asking for it and certainly not deserving of it -- you know how a good deed, or a lucky set of circumstances, or just plain old dumb luck, can over time, turn into a retelling that is nothing like what happened.

/end rant. Point is, I was wondering if anyone else had any crazy stories to tell about their MMO experience...........

(WoW was the first and definitely will be the last MMO I ever play...whew)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:45 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Quote:
I was a total carebear on a pvp server who routinely got my ass handed to me in pvp, yet towards the end got deferential treatment by all players, without asking for it and certainly not deserving of it

Dude, this is your personality to a T - everyone here was exactly the same way as the MMO you were in, and you won them all over as well. :yes

I don't have any MMO stories myself, because I know I'd get sucked in just like anyone who likes RPGs would and then I'd have practically no free time. :heh I did it for the good of the site. :heh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:31 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
I"ll give you guys one word that will explain why Frost isn't here anymore.

Diablo II. :heh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:32 pm  Post subject:   
I play PlanetSide, the wold's only commercial MMO-FPS. It's totally incredible even though it's a few years old. People fight over these massive continents and its common to see hundreds of players fight over bases and such.

It gets extremely addictive when you find some good people to play with, and everyone's really friendly, communicate on TeamSpeak, get cooperation and special operations going and such.

I don't really have any crazy stories as for playing much as it's a 100% PvP game and when the server's only sparsely populated there's notihng to do at all, so I normally only play on afternoons/evenings when pop is high. But I've sure been bitten by the bug, levelling is extremely addictive, and since it's skill based you can get the added bonus of feeling good when you kill a high level enemy. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:16 pm  Post subject:   
MMO?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:09 pm  Post subject:   
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #2
XBL: Royank
PSN: Royank
I played Final Fantasy XI, Matrix Online, little WoW, and Guild Wars. Still looking for a good MMO.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]