Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:37 pm  Post subject: are you playing THPS 1+2 and does it make you sad  
Hi all, long time no see, I miss everyone and hope you're all doin great.

I picked up THPS 1+2 on Friday and it's an incredible remake, like absolutely flawless. It makes me so happy to see one of my childhood favorite series get a new coat of paint, but I'm also really sad thinking about how amazing the first 3 SSX games would be with this treatment. It's really a shame that EA doesn't seem to care about the SSX series anymore, but it is what it is I guess.

Anyway, I tried making Crow's Nest from SSX 3 in THPS 1+2's Create-a-Park. It came out okay lol, so I thought I'd share:

Stay well everyone! -city

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:10 pm  Post subject: Re: are you playing THPS 1+2 and does it make you sad  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Dang dude it's citylights!

Yes, THPS 2 definitely gave me strong SSX vibes, especially with how well they remade it. It looks awesome.

But shit, EA can't even get a Mass Effect remake out the door, so I'm kind of glad SSX is still considered a classic than poisioned by current EA microtransaction nonsense.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:38 pm  Post subject: Re: are you playing THPS 1+2 and does it make you sad  
I've been loving THPS1+2. I tend to shy from pre-ordering games by big name publishers but I had a good feeling about this one and I'm glad to have been right, and it's heartwarming to see it getting such universal praise. I'd love a remaster in the same style for some of the SSX games but yeah, like gond said, I wouldn't trust EA to hit the broad side of a barn...anything SSX and new would be amazing, but maybe it's for the best that it stays dormant for now.

And that's a really sick CN remake, what platform is it on? I wish they'd let you play created parks from any platform, but no dice :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:08 pm  Post subject: Re: are you playing THPS 1+2 and does it make you sad  
Looks like I found something to fill the gap of missing SSX, thanks for sharing this :)

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]