Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:53 am  Post subject: The Todd Batty Mystery develops  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
i thought it was wierd seeing something about the Fifa forums being online, considering i dont play any other sports games, then thats when i noticed the dude retweeted.

Has anyone else like talked to him? it seems very fishy that they dropped all forms of communication all at once....... and then you got the fact that he deals with the mobile game side of EA now.

I generally hate snooping around people's profiles and making assumptions and such, but im worried that he was "demoted". Like, any of the social media sites, websites and even here where we have developers stop by and say some things, just died right then and there. It just doesnt add up

If you guys know things i dont, then lemme know......this was just a random thought i had.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:13 am  Post subject: Re: The Todd Batty Mystery develops  

The end of an unfortunately short era. :( I mean, it was very unlikely that he was doing anything SSX related anyway, but here's the nail in the coffin. Hope he's doing well on the mobile side!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:12 pm  Post subject: Re: The Todd Batty Mystery develops  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
The timing of this lol, Batty was MIA from Twitter for like 3 years before yesterday! Now at least he's back and we can wish him well.

So now Batty is heading up EA Mobile, seems like a step up for him so I'm glad for him. Here's the latest livestream he tweeted about yesterday - he's not in it though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:57 pm  Post subject: Re: The Todd Batty Mystery develops  
PSN: Emu90
I had a dream they announced SSX Tricky 3 for PlayStation Neo. The graphics were ridiculous, and I was angry about them skipping a number again. lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:56 am  Post subject: Re: The Todd Batty Mystery develops  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
citylights wrote:

The end of an unfortunately short era. :( I mean, it was very unlikely that he was doing anything SSX related anyway, but here's the nail in the coffin. Hope he's doing well on the mobile side!

In a glass half full kinda way, he said 'not for me personally'
To me it just means its there for someone else to take up the role.

If we do get a new SSX, I would guess it'll be based on the success of Ubisoft's STEEP. If it sells well, it just might open the SSX doors for another game.
Am I right in thinking Shaun Whites game came out in 2009 and did ok in sales, and soon after we got the SSX teaser?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:17 am  Post subject: Re: The Todd Batty Mystery develops  
PSN: mobe7
Yeti wrote:
citylights wrote:

In a glass half full kinda way, he said 'not for me personally'
To me it just means its there for someone else to take up the role.

If we do get a new SSX, I would guess it'll be based on the success of Ubisoft's STEEP. If it sells well, it just might open the SSX doors for another game.
Am I right in thinking Shaun Whites game came out in 2009 and did ok in sales, and soon after we got the SSX teaser?

Thats the way I read it at first but its just diplomatic phrasing from Todd I think. Of course it may also mean someone else is behind a new SSX but for all the reasons we've spoken about before I doubt it.

My guess is Steep will be popular enough but it won't be a huge success. It'll be interesting to see though. I doubt Ubisoft's investment in it is massive anyway, it won't have cost a vast amount to make, so it probably won't matter so much if it totally bombs. EA's attitude is more along the lines of if its not easily going to make them a lot of money they won't take a chance on it.

We should see and hear more about Steep soon. It comes out in a few months.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:40 am  Post subject: Re: The Todd Batty Mystery develops  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Oh I'm glad he's doing well though. Todd is such a lovely guy, I wish him all the best with EA mobile.

One of my friends had shown me Steep the other day. It looks interesting. Not SSX, but still could be good fun.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]