Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:08 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:37 pm  Post subject: Memory Card PS2 Help  
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
My sh*t PS2 Memory Card got f*cked up and is broke. It had 16 MB of 100% game saves. I can't bust PBs and sh... stuff. Can I transfer 8 MB of sh... stuff to a near empty card.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Memory Card PS2 Help  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
Ah.. That memory card isn´t a original PS2 memory card I suppose? Those have a lower threshold for corrupting data I think. Been there, done that.

I´m not sure if you could somehow restore the memory, but I doubt it. :( :dead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:58 am  Post subject: Re: Memory Card PS2 Help  
Do u guys have ps2 slim or fat? I wanna get a ps2 cuz i wanna play ssx 1.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:32 pm  Post subject: Re: Memory Card PS2 Help  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
SSX_Nigel wrote:

Well you'd need the fat PS2 to play SSX. I think those are the only ones that can read CD-ROMs instead of DVDs. For some reason, the CD-ROMs (blue surface discs) don't seem to work when I try it with my slim and my silver PS2.

Also if you've never played OG SSX before, your first time playing will be weird. The controls are so different compared to Tricky and other SSX games. Some of the maps are really different like Merqury City and Pipedream. Tutorials are still good too. I'd definitely get it if you're a fan. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:42 pm  Post subject: Re: Memory Card PS2 Help  
Thank you so much Joshie, i didn't know that. I am a die-hard ssx fan so i will get a ps2 just to play one game. ( i will buy other games too.)

I already have ssx 1, so i am looking for PS2's in my nearby area. I now know to buy a fat one. Thanks!

Btw does ps2 fat play ps1 games? I might wanna get final fantasy 7, all i know is u need a ps1 memory card to save.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Memory Card PS2 Help  
SSX_Nigel wrote:
Thank you so much Joshie, i didn't know that. I am a die-hard ssx fan so i will get a ps2 just to play one game. ( i will buy other games too.)

I already have ssx 1, so i am looking for PS2's in my nearby area. I now know to buy a fat one. Thanks!

Btw does ps2 fat play ps1 games? I might wanna get final fantasy 7, all i know is u need a ps1 memory card to save.

Yeah, all PS2s are backwards compatible. If you can, try and find one of the earlier black PS2 models. Those will work very well and are pretty cheap used. They usually go around £15 (around $25) with accessories and probably a bundle with games if you're lucky enough.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Memory Card PS2 Help  
Staying on topic here, make sure the memory cards are actually working when bought :D. Most of my memory cards were 'Made in Japan' and they work perfectly unlike the memory cards made in China which only worked about half of the time and will have to jam right into the slot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Memory Card PS2 Help  
9EDDY2 wrote:
Ah.. That memory card isn't a original PS2 memory card I suppose? Those have a lower threshold for corrupting data I think. Been there, done that.

I´m not sure if you could somehow restore the memory, but I doubt it

Joshie2499 wrote:
Staying on topic here, make sure the memory cards are actually working when bought :D. Most of my memory cards were 'Made in Japan' and they work perfectly unlike the memory cards made in China which only worked about half of the time and will have to jam right into the slot.

LOL, I mean like LITERALLY Broke, as in the piece in the pic, is broken.

The card worked when bought.

PS:
Joshie2499 wrote:
SSX_Nigel wrote:

Well you'd need the fat PS2 to play SSX. I think those are the only ones that can read CD-ROMs instead of DVDs. For some reason, the CD-ROMs (blue surface discs) don't seem to work when I try it with my slim and my silver PS2.

It works on slim. Just know that slim has a higher chance of scratching all discs, making CD-ROMs unreadable. Best to buy fat. Also buy Memory cards. the one in the pic works fine, but if you want OFFICIAL Memory cards, buy these:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Memory Card PS2 Help  
Thanks for the info Jarl. I do have a ps2 fat with official controllers and 8mb memory card. My memory card looks just like the one you showed, but its a translucent blue color.

PS, does ps2 disc tray wear out easily? My original xbox takes forever to open, so i hope it dosent happen to my ps2.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Memory Card PS2 Help  
SSX_Nigel wrote:
Thanks for the info Jarl. I do have a ps2 fat with official controllers and 8mb memory card. My memory card looks just like the one you showed, but its a translucent blue color.

PS, does ps2 disc tray wear out easily? My original xbox takes forever to open, so i hope it dosent happen to my ps2.

With my old one, the disc tray doesn't seem to open unless you push the tray inwards then it kicks out lol. I've abused it over the last decade and that pretty much the only damage I've done from it; the wear.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:32 pm  Post subject: Re: Memory Card PS2 Help  
If you push it in manually, yes. If you push the eject button, you should have no problems.

PS We are off topic

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]