Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:08 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:25 pm  Post subject: Fan Art Gallery Pieces Accidently Deleted  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Hi guys,

I wanted to let you know of a blunder that happened today - I was trying to back up the gallery items and accidently deleted the folder that contains all the fan art pieces for the gallery. :rolleyes Actually, I meant to delete something else and the dumb file manager accidently selected that folder, dumbass thing.

So I had to go back to my last backup, which unfortunately was back in 2007. I checked my big site backup I took last night and it's corrupted :mad , so I can't use that. I think I'm just going to have to go back and delete all the missing images and readd the ones I can find. Sorry guys. :( What's mostly missing is the track design stuff from Sajjetta, Mav and Yeti from 2007, minus a few other pieces of fan art.

I'll try and replace what I can, but if you can post any pieces that might be missing, let me know and I'll readd them. Sorry. :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:42 am  Post subject: Re: Fan Art Gallery Pieces Accidently Deleted  
Gravitude MVP
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
If you only deleted the folder, it might be easy to recover the files. Just two questions: How full is your HD, and how fragmented are the files?

You can use freeware apps like Drive Rescue or Tuneup Utilities to recover deleted files. They can only recover files successfully if the data is still on the HD, however. When you delete a file from Windows, only the file entry is deleted, not the actual data, but the data is marked as "free" to be overwritten at any time.

Thus, the more you use the HD after the accidental file deletion, the higher the risk of the files' data being overwritten (thus unrecoverable). And the more full your HD is, the more likely the deleted files' data will be overwritten in little time. Recovery is also difficult if the file data is not sequential (i.e. the files are fragmented), as any fragment that has been overwritten will usually render the file unusable (e.g., an exe file will be totally unusable, a JPEG file might render up to the corrupt part - meaning the bottom half of the image might be cut off).

Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:54 am  Post subject: Re: Fan Art Gallery Pieces Accidently Deleted  
No, it wasn't deleted off my computer, it was deleted off the server. The last backup I had on my hard drive was from two years ago. I was trying to backup the Gallery data folder (in other words create another backup). For some dumbass reason, the new File Manager deleted the entire Gallery data folder itself. Unfortunately, the File Manager does not have a "trash" you can retrieve deleted files from, so I lost it. I don't normally make rookie mistakes like that, but for my own defense it wasn't my fault, the file manager had some kind of aneurism and deleted everything with that name.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Fan Art Gallery Pieces Accidently Deleted  
It looks like my stuff is still in the Ultimate SSX Track topic, can it not just be copied back across?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:43 pm  Post subject: Re: Fan Art Gallery Pieces Accidently Deleted  
Yeah, it can be, and I will do that. But since my computer blew up I've had to deal with that instead. Give me a week or two. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Fan Art Gallery Pieces Accidently Deleted  
No worries, I hadn't read about your computer disaster when I posted that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:04 am  Post subject: Re: Fan Art Gallery Pieces Accidently Deleted  
Gravitude MVP
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
gondee wrote:
The last backup I had on my hard drive was from two years ago.

:dork :frusty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Fan Art Gallery Pieces Accidently Deleted  
To my defense, I was making a backup when it happened, so it wasn't like I didn't realize I needed to make one.

Sajjetta wrote:
No worries, I hadn't read about your computer disaster when I posted that.

Hey Saj, I went through the Ultimate SSX Track with a fine toothed comb today, but I still didn't find a lot of the images that are in the fan art gallery. Can you look to see if you have the images that are missing?

They start in Fan Track Designs Gallery 4 and if you click on each "missing pic" thumbnail you can see the file name at the top. I added a little bit about the artist (file0073bh7_bysajetta.png), but you can still see the picture name (file0073bh7). Can you check your files and see if you have the files? If not, I'll have to delete the missing files but I'll replace them with some stuff I found of yours that wasn't in there. :)

Got Yeti's and Mav's track pieces updated, just need Saj's, but I can't find them. :(

Mavericeast - do you have those awesome sigs you made for Grav Awards 07? I can't find any of them and they've expired on the board. The topic was here:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7591&p=217422#p217422

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:23 pm  Post subject: Re: Fan Art Gallery Pieces Accidently Deleted  
I have finaly got round to re setting my image shak password, will look to see whats missing as soon as I get the time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:43 pm  Post subject: Re: Fan Art Gallery Pieces Accidently Deleted  
gondee wrote:
Mavericeast - do you have those awesome sigs you made for Grav Awards 07? I can't find any of them and they've expired on the board. The topic was here:

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum/vi ... 22#p217422

i just notice this post... i think i may still haev some in mt hard drive. do you want me to post them here?

http://www.facebook.com/maverickeastart

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:23 pm  Post subject: Re: Fan Art Gallery Pieces Accidently Deleted  
Yeah, please. Right now my only option is to delete that gallery if we don't have them. I can update with the new ones too when I'm doing that as well. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Fan Art Gallery Pieces Accidently Deleted  
I had a look at Imageshak, everything seems to be there. I just need to have a look at what's missing here and I will send you the links. Probably wont have time for a couple of weeks though as I'm pretty busy with work at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Fan Art Gallery Pieces Accidently Deleted  
XBL: WAffle3690
you can accidently delete my crappy art lol

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]