Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:42 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:23 am  Post subject: Help with Shrine (im weird)  
:frusty i so need a poster, id love the new Mountain as the poster, any 1 seen it, any will do

if any one has suggestions about what pic, (if i can get made at school) i would love to see them

just ordered Elise, Eddie, and Psymon action figures, cant wait to put this togther im thinking

Very cool track lighting displaying this

-------------- SSX3-----------------
----------------Ellise----------------
---Tricky-----Poster------------SSX
----------------Poster-------------
---Psymon-----CD--------Eddie

the game boxes and action figures on shelves

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:15 pm  Post subject:   
Starving Artist
(Slacker, because this topic is also on the General Board, I'm going to delete that one and leave this one here because it's more appropriate on this board. Okie dokie? :yes )

I know of a video game place that I have around here that always has a bunch of rare posters! I don't know if you'll have any where you live, but you could try and look for a place called Video Game Trader. If you do have a store like that, you may be able to find a poster there.

If not... I think getting a poster made of the mountain would be awesome! OR, the group anime picture would make a really cool poster. Have you see that picture? Maybe you'd like that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:31 am  Post subject:   
sorry about the double post, last time, promise

EA said no, no game store near me has or had anything bigger than a game box. This sucks, i have friends in advertising and stuff, hope the roomates let me do it.
i'll definetly post the shrine,

id love some suggestions of what to use, sure the mountain would be fitting (now atleast)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:45 pm  Post subject:   
I saw someone once was selling a SSX 3 Allegra poster on e-Bay, though they wanted a lot for it. The poster was similar to the SSX 3 box cover art. Might still find something there if you wanna look (of course, checking for item validity is always a must :) ). In addition, would any store near you have used SSX 3 displays you could use (like giant versions of the box art, life sized Allegra cardboard displays, etc.)? You might be able to get such rare items by talking to the store mangager/owners.

I rather like Krystony's suggestion of using the group anime picture scene in the game. The idea of the SSX 3 mountain is pretty good, too. Trick will be in getting an image large enough or at a good enough resolution which will enlarge nicely into poster size without becoming pixilated.

Another idea that I just thought of would be to make a mosaic photo using many, many tiny screenshots from the game (and perhaps elsewhere) that, when combined, form a larger picture. You've probably seen such composite mosaic images before, though such a project would take a lot of planning and a tremendous amount of time to construct.

If you're willing to spend more money, you might also consider commissioning someone to make a poster-sized SSX 3 themed pic for you - or you could attempt to create one yourself if you're feeling artistically inclined.

Good luck with the creation of your shrine! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Incidently, are you still looking for an Elise sig, Slacker? I made one a little while ago and (hopefully) still have it posted successfully in the "Sig Workshop" thread. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:06 pm  Post subject:   
Quote:
"Incidently, are you still looking for an Elise sig, Slacker? I made one a little while ago and (hopefully) still have it posted successfully in the "Sig Workshop" thread"

sure am, id love an elise sig, where's she's laying on her side and it says "Slackin"

im not pc friendly

i got the 3 action figures i ordered (broke eddies glasses) but they look cool, going right now to get original SSX and Tricky boxes

i have ssx greatest hits
and my dog ate the case to Tricky

i start school in january and will see what other students can do for me

BIG EDIT
went to gamestop to get SSX and SSX Tricky again
and they had a giant " Reserve SSX3 POSTER" they said they'd give it to me next week , YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:40 pm  Post subject:   
Starving Artist
Excellent!!!
So... do you have it yet? What does the poster look like? Did you know that you're a really lucky mofo? Cause you are! I can't wait to see this...!

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]