Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:03 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:08 am  Post subject: Curry's University Graphics  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
Hey peeps! It's been ages since i've posted anything and that's partly because i haven't made anything lol. I had a creative burn out before the summer but I've rested up and i've just started university :)

Anyway, I wanted to share my projects with you guys. Obviously it won't be SSX related or gaming related but any feedback is greatly appreciated :)
Here's the results of my first 8 week brief to produce a magazine on the city

Click for the magazine
http://issuu.com/alicerose3/docs/v8

and here's my first few attempts at animation, trying to show how the magazine would work on an iPad or something like that :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Curry's University Graphics  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
Dang Curry, that looks awesome.

I've took some of my time off to read through this and to be honest, it is not bad at all. Your team seemed to have given in a lot of detail of how they find peoples emotion about architecture. I would like to add to, well done with the graphic designs. I found them very interesting on each page where they would become into a unique form to express each building individually.

8 weeks well spent mate! You and your team have done a good job!
:thumbsup

I don't know what else to say except that you are going places, really good places with those kinds of designs. Nice one! :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:20 am  Post subject: Re: Curry's University Graphics  
Wow! Thanks for the feedback Spoof!
I really appreciate you taking the time to read through the articles as well. The brief was called 'hidden city' and our hidden aspect was people's emotions so our articles really had to be strong and it's great that you thought they were :)

Thanks again for the kind words :thumbsup

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Curry's University Graphics  
Ooooh, that looks lovely, Curry! :cheers It's different from what I've seen from you so far so I guess it's hard to gauge, but it seems like you've already improved a lot since starting university! The whole zine looks so polished and professional. The interactivity is amaziiiing too, great job with that! It seems like it would be great in print or on a tablet, which is super hard to do. :notworthy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Curry's University Graphics  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Nice work CK, I take it your studying in Brum then?
Like the layout and design, very university style, I miss doing that kind of thing but the tutors should love you for it. Typography and photography work well together - did you do both?

Overall very good and I like the animation extras. what software is it all done on?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:40 am  Post subject: Re: Curry's University Graphics  
@Citylights - Thankyou! A lot of what i used to upload was general messing around just trying to be good at different things but i'm starting to focus my style more now. Becoming a bit more professional :P
And yes! Designing with both print and digital in mind is a bit of a pain but i'm glad you think we did a good job :)

@Yeti - Yeah Birmingham City Uni, they've got a dedicated institute to art and design and it was local so it's perfect for me. I did some of the photography for the BT tower pages but we had a photography student in the group so she did most of that while the others did the design work and typography.
Software was Indesign/photoshop/illustrator for the mag and then After Effects/Premier for the interactivity video. First time using AE and Premier so i was pretty pleased with myself :P
Thanks for the kind words :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:00 pm  Post subject: Re: Curry's University Graphics  
I'm not going to say too much about my next project other than it's a bit of a 'snow dream' :p
EDIT: This is REALLY low quality, quick upload, proper file looks a lot better

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Curry's University Graphics  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
CurryKingDH wrote:

ME GUSTA! It's looking good so far Curry! Nice job! I like what you did to separate the different images with the borders looking like mountains.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:26 am  Post subject: Re: Curry's University Graphics  
Thanks joshie!

Basically, I'm making a custom winter sports and music festival which I named 'snow dream' as a tribute :)
I'll have the full magazine done in the next day or so but as part of the project I'm making snowboards again! Felt weird opening the old SSX template back up after all this time but I forgot how much fun this used to be. I really hope there's a new game soon and another snowboard competition!

What you guys think of these? :D

Last edited by CurryKingDH on Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Curry's University Graphics  
Nice designs, Curry! I see you're featuring some of your illustrations on these ones, good to see! I'm especially a fan of the bottom design on the right.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:10 am  Post subject: Re: Curry's University Graphics  
Thanks! Yeah in the interest of time I had to be a bit resourceful when it came to my boards so i used my old illustrations :) They're a small part of the project though.
Doing a magazine, promotional video (highlighting an 8 month promo campaign), tickets, wristbands, online advertising, press releases, merchandise (including 2 real life mini snowboards) and a few more things.

Just finished a huge bulk of it though with this promo magazine/booklet!

http://issuu.com/damonhayward/docs/snowdream_magazine_2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:42 pm  Post subject: Re: Curry's University Graphics  
Woow, that's a ton of work, props! I love, love, love the backcountry page. So creative with the runs cutting through the text. :cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Curry's University Graphics  
Thank you so much city! Means a lot :)
yeah the backcountry page is by far my favourite too. Everything just fit nicely while I was making it :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:20 pm  Post subject: Re: Curry's University Graphics  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
This issue looks great CK
I really like the page 18/19 spread
the boards look great as well, really like the RIDE board :thumbsup

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]