Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:34 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:42 am  Post subject: Custom boards/characters in SSX 3 or (2012)  
XBL: imaprosniper117
PSN: imaprosniper117
Dose anyone know how to mod the game to have custom characters/boards in the game? (Specifically SSX 3 and SSX 2012) thats all I'm looking for. (If you could find out if its posible to also change the sound files for the character, that would be amazing!) :china

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Custom boards/characters in SSX 3 or (2012)  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
ShadowScoundrel wrote:
Dose anyone know how to mod the game to have custom characters/boards in the game? (Specifically SSX 3 and SSX 2012) thats all I'm looking for. (If you could find out if its posible to also change the sound files for the character, that would be amazing!) :china

I have no idea if you can even mod the game, but if you've got like an ISO or ROM file then I guess you could do at least something. Only problem is, you probably won't be able to play the game on a normal PS3 or XBOX 360 or if you are actually playing on an emulator for use. Just to say, I'm not with the use of downloading and running emulated games but I guess some experienced people on here can actually help you.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Custom boards/characters in SSX 3 or (2012)  
I have no idea if you can even mod the game,...but I guess some experienced people on here can actually help you.[/quote]
Im going to see if you can actually get into the files from the disk, see if that can be possible

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Custom boards/characters in SSX 3 or (2012)  
ShadowScoundrel wrote:
I have no idea if you can even mod the game,...but I guess some experienced people on here can actually help you.

Im going to see if you can actually get into the files from the disk, see if that can be possible[/quote]
... Well The only file that showed up was the video file of "This is an Xbox Disk" soooo yea... not able to mod, unless there is a way to see the files on there (I tried the show all folders, and no files showed up)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:42 pm  Post subject: Re: Custom boards/characters in SSX 3 or (2012)  
Welcome to Merq! I've never seen an SSX game modded before outside of some save editor, and am not sure we ever will since the games are on closed systems, are tricky to emulate, and have a smallish community.

However, if another SSX game is ever announced, the devs could hold another snowboard design contest and you could potentially get your designs in that way. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:20 pm  Post subject: Re: Custom boards/characters in SSX 3 or (2012)  
citylights wrote:
Welcome to Merq! I've never seen an SSX game modded before outside of some save editor, and am not sure we ever will since the games are on closed systems, are tricky to emulate, and have a smallish community.

However, if another SSX game is ever announced, the devs could hold another snowboard design contest and you could potentially get your designs in that way. :)

Thanks. The thing is is that I kinda want to make models for the game (via blender or some other format) so then if people wanted there OC's and/or boards I could make them, or themselves could make them, including the fact I want to replace the "V" from SSX 3, with my OC. I am working on a story ATM as a "back story" to where he is now, (not SSX Related, though since ha can travel through dimensions, he could find his way into SSX's Universe)

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Custom boards/characters in SSX 3 or (2012)  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
I've tried this before - and I know it takes a certain set of programs to extract stuff from PS2 discs.

I bet this is possible - but your best bet would be to hit up knowledgable people at Emulator sites and see what tools they recommend.

Let us know if you find anything.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Custom boards/characters in SSX 3 or (2012)  
couldn't find anything.... :( but hell, maybe (2012) and the next one might be modifiable in the custom boards/character department....

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]