Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:28 pm  Post subject: SSX up to eleven!  
XBL: HazardPlatypus
Welp.

Time for me to contribute on this fantastic website. Here's a light thing I wrote in about an hour, just because I felt my imagination began flowing about a sequel to SSX 2012. It helps that I've been writing all the morning at school for a written evaluation (in french, not in english, but whatever). Here it is!

P.S. the next chapters are going to be about the participants, and there will be loads of participants, so bear with me for the slow intro. This is also one of my first fan fictions EVER, so if you got criticism, let me know!

Prologue -- The Email
-------------------------
Zoe’s house, Charleston, West Virginia, 15:37

“Boring, boring, bor-hey, maybe not-oh, no, that’s boring too…”

Zoe was on her couch, watching the TV as she zoomed through the channels in search of a good show to watch. But now, it looked more like she was trying to watch as much channels at the same time: she’s been sitting in front of the damn screen bashing on the remote for a good 10 minutes. After she saw the same Family feud ad for the nth time, she decided that was enough brainwashing for today.

She got up, threw the remote on the wooden table in front of her and went in direction of the kitchen. Yeah, a good batch of chocolate cookies would do the trick, or maybe a huge cup hot chocolate, with whipped cream on top. After all the zombification she suffered, Zoe *oh so* needed that sugar rush.

As she got served, Zoe looked through the window and saw the breathtaking view she was used to see: her house was built just next to the Flattop mountain, and she was happy to see that it was snowing again, just like yesterday. After all, more snow meant more riding, and although she just came back from an intense 10-hour snowboarding session, it’s hard not to be excited about powder when you see it.

Going back to the living room, she chose to sit on the old rocking chair she just bought at a garage sale to put next to the small window (rocking chair she bought only for the sound it made, mind you; who doesn’t feel nostalgic when you hear the sound of a creaking chair, like those our grandparents had?) and pulled the blanket that was sitting on the arm of the chair on her, getting confortable. Now all that was missing was some music, and so Zoe took out her old battered MP3 player she brought on her when she was snowboarding and put in some beats.

Just minutes after sitting down, Zoe felt her eyes gain weight as she started loosing focus. If it went on, she’s fall asleep, and that’s just what she wanted. Yes, this would be the best afternoon she’s had for a month.

__
Same place, 04:38

Zoe’s sleep was shaky as she kept stirring on the rocking chair and seemed to be struggling for something. Suddenly, she made an awkward move as she seemed to try to grab her left boot with her right hand and mumbled something. She didn’t keep her equilibrium long as she crashed down on the floor with a thundering *thud!* and screamed as if she thought she had fallen down a crevasse.

She stayed on the ground for a minute, dumbfounded, looking at the ceiling, as if computing in information she just received. Then, with a flash, she jumped up and ran to the computer like a wild kid on candy, madly screaming:

“Oh, that’s gonna be so awesome! That’s probably the damn best idea you ever had, Zoe! Got to contact everyone!”

She went on the Internet and rapidly typed a message for DJ Atomika, called “SSX up to eleven!” and typed her message at the speed of a machine gun.

__

“Alright folks, this is DJ Atomika and you’re listening to EA, Radio Big! You were just listening to The Big Blue from The Brookes Brothers, a great DnB Duo from England, and there’s word out there that- Wait, hold on, just received an email labeled urgent on my laptop, let’s check it out. Oh, looks like it from Zoe Payne who, as we all know, dominated the world along with her friends a few months back, and decimated Griff Simmons on the top of mount Lhotse.

“Weeeelll, Lessee now… Title is “SSX up to eleven”… I thought SSX disbanded about 6 months ago, this can just mean one thing folks! Let’s read it out shall we?

Hello Atomika, been a long time since I talked to you, but I had to take a time out from the league and all that official stuff. But I got good news, I’m bringing back SSX and I hope this time, it’s gonna be even crazier than what we gave you last year: I got plans for numerous mountain ranges that’ll make your head spin, a bigger cast, expecting to find at least 25...-

- 25!? That’s more than twice the number of riders of last year! That’ll be awesome! -

- riders and the comeback of a sport that was forgotten last year, skis-

Oh, that’s gonna be fun to watch, never seen fluid über trick on skis before, can't wait to see that too! -

-you can expect something more adrenaline, more fun, and more craziness than you ever saw with us. I’ll send emails as information comes in, stay tuned, -

- and it’s signed Zoe Payne. Wow, didn’t expect such a news flash today, thought they’d take at least a year off, but with these guys driving? Meh, you can never know. Well, as much as I’d like to take calls for feedback now, my stomach’s been rumbling for the last 2 hours and it’s time to take a lunch break. For the meantime, and for more info on this AMAZING comeback, stay tuned to EA, radio BIG!”

---------------------

One down, who knows how many to go.
Next parts will be kind of a long mess, but I want to show the other characters, especially the newbies (i.e. fan characters), that are participating. expect a slow update time, but yeah, stay tuned!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:19 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX up to eleven!  
XBL: TruGamer97
This is good I can't wait for the next part!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:13 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX up to eleven!  
Here's chapter 1, enjoy it!

Chapter 1 – Preparations
------

Mt. Tremblant ski resort, Québec, 12:13

“Okay kids, let’s stop the session before all of you faint from exhaustion!”

There were screams of protests as the ski instructor called the end of the session, but it was, after all, time for dinner, and he’s been showing them how to ride since the last 3 hours: the kids were getting tired. As they were taking their skis off, a middle-aged man ran to the instructor, phone in hand.

“Hey, Léo, there’s a call for you.”

The instructor, or Léo Tremblay, as he was called, turned around to see who was talking to him. With dark brown straight hair and eyes, the guy wouldn’t stand out if he weren’t 6 feet 4. And even if he was as tall as the Eiffel tower, his equally long and proud face didn’t hide his 27 years well. To add to his face, he kept a light beard and some bushy sideburns, which went well with his style.

Now, you may not think it by seeing him, but he’s one of the most prolific modern ski instructors in the whole world. Giving classes to anybody from beginners to hardcore veterans, he also gives free ski classes to kids in the weekend. A salt-of-the-earth and friendly guy, he’s also known to have trained many great skiers and, little known fact, Zoe Payne for the On Tour season of SSX.

“Okay boss, who’s it from?

-You’re gonna be surprised, just take the phone.”

Léo took the phone out of his boss’ hand and calmly said in french with his thick Quebecer accent:

“Bonjour, qui est à l’appareil?

-Huh, sorry Léo, did you talk in French? I don’t understand what you’re saying.”

Wait a minute; I recognize that voice, Léo thought.

“Oh god, Ms. Payne! It’s been a while; I didn’t expect you to call me at all!

-Don’t you dare call me miss, I’m younger than you!

-Oh yeah, my bad. How shall I call you, then? It’s been 7 years, heh?

-Just Zoe. Everybody calls me Zoe.

-Ok, sure.

Léo walked to the small café in the village and took out a hot chocolate thermos out. It was going to be a long conversation, he was sure of it, so why not get confortable?

-It’s good that you’re still working at the same resort; I don’t have any other number where I could have called you, Zoe said, in an almost happy voice.

Sip sip. Hmmm, hot chocolate.

-Yeah, I know, but you entered the resort, asked me to teach skis, then ran away like a thief after paying me, we didn’t really have the time to exchange numbers in these 6 hours of teaching. Who does that anyway?

-Sorry about that, but I was about to miss my plane for the US.

Léo almost spit his hot chocolate.

-Just what in the world did you do before asking me to teach skis!? I thought learning skis was the whole goal of your trip back then!”

There was a long and awkward silence, and the Zoe answered:

"Well, I got distracted by the snow you have up here, and I rode all the week and I kind of forgotten about the ski thing, but that’s beside the point, isn’t it? I mean, I’m calling you now, no?”

Oh god, she really is a snowboarding nut, isn’t she?

“Oh yeah, why are you calling me! I mean, it’s been about 7 years since I instructed you, why call now?

-About that. Did you follow SSX last year? You know, the Deadly Descents, fighting Griff, all that stuff?

-Well, yeah, of course, but who didn’t? And I still don’t see why you’re calling me, do you want to talk about it?

Re-sip sip.

-Man, your head’s thick, isn’t it?

-I get told that.

-I got 3 requests for you, hear me out?

-Shoot.

-Okay, first, I want you to be in the next edition of SSX.

This time, Léo REALLY spit out his hot chocolate.

-Wait, what?! You’re serious? You can’t be serious!

-Of course I’m serious. Last year, we forgot to put skis in the comp because it was a race against time, and that was a mistake, but I intend to correct it this year. I know from experience that you’re a beast at skiing, so I thought of you, along with other people I consider as "wicked-Aweosme" when I was doing a list of skiers.

-Well I’m touched, Zoe, glad to see I’m high in your respect for so little time spent together, but aren’t there more popular skiers? I mean, I’m kind of a celebrity, but I’m not a celebrity at all.

-Sure, you’re not a big star, but you’re still as good as some of the best skiers I have met in my whole career, most of them being in my list right here. And what, you're scared of entering the spotlight, dude?"

There was another long and awkward silence until Léo answered:

"...Maybe.

-Ok, well, for request number 2, I want everybody to master both snowboard and skis. Think you can teach the boarders how to french fry?”

“French fry”? Just where does she get her slang to say stuff like that?

-Hey, Zoe, I teached you how to do Über tricks with skis in about 1 hour at the end of the session, give me a full day of teaching and I can do it for a group of maybe 10-15 if they're motivated.

-Damn, you’re good! They’d lose interest in about 15 minutes if I tried to do the same thing. But damn… 15 people?

-Hey, it’s my job, yours is to do the same thing I teach you really well and impress the crowds.

-Point taken. And third request, can you help me prepare the first mountain range?

-Sure, which plane do I take?

-Actually, you stay put, I’m coming, we’re starting the World Tour in Québec.

Wait, did I hear that right?

-Huh, ok, when are you coming?

-Taking the plane to the Trudeau Airport tonight, can you please come get me at about 10 o’clock? Please?

Oh my god girl, didn’t you hear about this thing called planning?

-You better pay the supper. I want some pizza. Marconi’s. I’ll bring you there when I’ll come get you.

-So we got a deal?

-Damn right.

-------

Pierre-Elliott Trudeau Airport, Montréal, 22:34

“Should be there in a minute…”

Léo was waiting at the customs’ exit where Zoe told him to go, sitting on a bench and reading a book. He didn’t bring a poster, mostly because he didn’t want to attract a crowd because one board nut saw it, and besides, he’d recognize her. Hell, she’s been on TV for the last year.

And there she was. He quickly saw her flamboyant red hair, her usual smile she bought everywhere (it’s been 7 years and she still had it. She must have the best life EVER) a leather jacket thrown over a black t-shirt, a pair of large cargos (boarders wear the baggiest clothes, I tell you) and large heeled leather boots. Zoe didn’t change over the years. She had a small sports backpack and a large duffel bag from which a snowboard and a pair of skis and poles were sticking out (she still had her old gear from On Tour? Wow, they’re gonna need liters of wax).

Léo waved, easily standing over the crowd that was waiting for other passengers. She saw him, mostly because of his easily recognisable Mont Tremblant “ski instructor/prof de skis” he was still wearing, along with an old pair of jeans, probably the same pair he was wearing when he teached her.

“Hey Léo! Huh, 'comm-ent ça va?'.. That’s how you say ‘how are you doing’ in french, right?

-Right on. I’m doing well, had a rough day. S’that all your stuff?

-Yeah, there’s no problem. Do you think I can crash your house while I prepare the rest of the team?

-You don’t even have an hotel? Goddamn, think your stuff through! Yeah, sure, you can crash, I have a guest room.

-I have a habit of rushing through life, you should know that. And thanks. Oh yeah, you wanted dinner, right? Where’s that pizzeria you talked about?

At least she didn’t forget about that. That’s a start.

-let’s get your stuff in my car, and I’ll drive you to it.

-------

Chapter 2's coming up soon. That's all I know for now. From now on, expect some changes in the following chapters, I'm mostly putting drafts and correcting them as I'm re-reading them.

Last edited by donutflanked on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:36 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX up to eleven!  
XBL: WAffle3690
your character feels a little mary-sue but good so far :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:02 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX up to eleven!  
A Sick One With A Smile wrote:
your character feels a little mary-sue but good so far :)

Don't worry, he's got flaws.

Even though he's extremely technical, he's far from being a personality (He's not a pro, he's a ski instructor), and hates being in the spotlight. AND he's agoraphobic.

With a cast of 25, expect him to get sick during meetings. A LOT.

And I can see what you mean by Mary-Sue. I'll change the chapter a little.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:22 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX up to eleven!  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
omg just read it, awesome job. when can we see the next part? :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:56 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX up to eleven!  
Oh, glad to see somebody still reading it.

Well, the finals took their tolls on me, and my job's been taking even more time than before.

So I haven't been able to upload a lot. It's been dead for a long time actually. Which is sad.

But I'll try and work an answer soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:45 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX up to eleven!  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
you know what, take as long as you want. it will probably turn out even better if you take your time :), trust me i know what finals do to you.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]