Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:33 pm  Post subject: Playin the original SSX after 3  
Ok guys before SSX3 i was abosulutley tearin up the original SSX (In my own skillful way) Really! I was still gettin new heights of air and tryin to push the game to the limit all in preparation for SSX 3

Got and played it played it played it,

Go back to the original game just for a laugh and was shocked to see that I absolutley suck at it now!

I can't go as high as before, I can't seem to complete my tricks (Keep over spinnin)

And I actually keep seeing the Cpu in ln front of me! (I still win) but ugh!!

SSX3 is just soo different I can see it now!!!

You guys been goin through the same thing? :wtf :wtf :wtf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:35 pm  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
not really, well yea kinda but its not that bad. A few laps and im back in gear. Like when bl00dy beat my sd record on tricky i was pissed cuz I hadnt played tricky in a while and i thought i could not beat his time, but last night i just did it! whoh00!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:46 pm  Post subject:   
I guess It's something a medi ocre player like ME goes through,

:( oh well

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:53 pm  Post subject:   
Yup :yes . Played SSX the other day, and I absolutely sucked :heh

My main problem was not prewinding enough, and over spinning, so I was spinning soooo slowly and couldn't finish (doesn't happen on SSX3). I couldn't land my grabs, and I found the turning too sharp.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:56 pm  Post subject:   
I showed some people Tricky yesterday, and jumping had become real awkward.. :heh not that I feel some practice couldn't overcome it, but it was a strange experience none the less.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:45 pm  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
I discovered a few days ago that I have a top 3 race time for alaska (in ssx tricky) so i figured I would load the game, play the course through a couple times to refamiliarize myself with it, and then bust out another awesome run (all five of my top times could make the top 3, but none better than FBX's run :-( ........sounds like a plan until I tried it.
I couldn't believe it. I had a hard enough time just finishing in first place. I haven't played it very much since, but I was over 40 seconds off my regular runs from about 6 months ago.
Apparently there are more subtle differences between the two games than I realized....Also, I noticed the view was a little closer than I would have liked.....never noticed that before though.....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:08 am  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Kind of true for me...

MCM score BEFORE SSX3 - 500,740

MCM score AFTER SSX3 - 632,020 <---- I will do it Blackdth! :D

PD score BEFORE SSX3 - 276,490

PD score AFTER SSX3 - 430,177

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:39 am  Post subject:   
Ah darn macs wont let me log in. Anyways...

After SSX3? More like "after my videos" ; P

Just kidding :) those are good scores, especially Merqury City - considerably above the old 1st place score. Keep it up !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:40 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
OMG i suck so much more, i got bad at some things and better at others after ss3. the first problem is i got so used to letting go of every button on ssx 3 to land the trick, and i did it in ssx 1 and wipedout, so i gotta get used to keep spinning, but on the other hand, my old elysium alps record was 3:47 b4 ssx 3, in two days i got it down to 3:42 with Two HUGe wipeouts and i missed a VERY important rail, so im gonna keep tryin to get a flawless run. SSX 3 is just so easy i guess, maybe the transition just made me suck, my showoff scores after ssx 3 are too pitiful to even say.......

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:25 am  Post subject:   
Hey people guess what. I seem to have got my skills back! I was playing the game for 3 hours yesterday trying to beat by Ely Alps showoff record : a measly 394k (in which I still failed but i was close!) and tryin to beat my 2:37 Mesablanca record (In which I did succeed! now 2:33 with hiro) But I was amazed at how far my abilities had come!

Case in point, the terribly designed jump section in Mesa where there are rock arches and mesa's following the jump which you're bound to crash into.

I went higher and further than I ever have! hey you're right Yoshi maybe all I need is a little practice, 3hrs worth! But still. :pimp :pimp :pimp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:53 pm  Post subject:   
Starving Artist
It's weird going back to the old games and not being able to do board presses, eh?

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]