Switch to full style
Discuss all subjects about SSX and SSX Tricky here
Post a reply

Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:56 pm

After getting back into SSX and SSX Tricky, I realized (through my better speakers) that the announcer's name was Razale or something similar. We know some things about DJ Atomika, but how much is known about Razale? His appearance, biography, etc?

There are also other voices that play when doing certain things. Who are they? I'll find quotes from those guys if that would help.

Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:37 pm

While DJ Atomika was a character, Rahzel is an actual DJ/artist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahzel

What "certain things' are you talking about voicewise? There's a female announcer who says pre-track stuff, but they are just announcers, and they don't have a character in game or anything.

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:44 pm

Wow, I didn't know he was real. About the other voices, I can't remember exactly what they say, but they aren't part of the music or the trick names. I heard them on Kelecat's TAS videos on YouTube. I think it has to do with doing large combos?

It's in this video at around 1:12 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUwN4TlFEZM

Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Ah I see - that's a sound clip from the background music. Rahzel samples a lot of old school movies in his soundtrack songs and this is one of them.

Similar to "there goes my heart" on that one SSX song.

Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:51 pm

That can't be from the music since those clips play when the music is turned off. Some of Kelecat's videos don't have music but do have those clips.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:23 pm

goody_fyre11 wrote:That can't be from the music since those clips play when the music is turned off. Some of Kelecat's videos don't have music but do have those clips.

You can hear the music in the video. It will fade out on big jumps but comes back in when he lands them. Those quotes are part of the tracks where he's doing really well.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:51 am

I'd like to see Rahzel return as an announcer for the SSX series.
Post a reply