Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:56 pm  Post subject: Razale - Announcer for first 2 games  
After getting back into SSX and SSX Tricky, I realized (through my better speakers) that the announcer's name was Razale or something similar. We know some things about DJ Atomika, but how much is known about Razale? His appearance, biography, etc?

There are also other voices that play when doing certain things. Who are they? I'll find quotes from those guys if that would help.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Razale - Announcer for first 2 games  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
While DJ Atomika was a character, Rahzel is an actual DJ/artist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahzel

What "certain things' are you talking about voicewise? There's a female announcer who says pre-track stuff, but they are just announcers, and they don't have a character in game or anything.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:44 pm  Post subject: Re: Razale - Announcer for first 2 games  
Wow, I didn't know he was real. About the other voices, I can't remember exactly what they say, but they aren't part of the music or the trick names. I heard them on Kelecat's TAS videos on YouTube. I think it has to do with doing large combos?

It's in this video at around 1:12 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUwN4TlFEZM

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Razale - Announcer for first 2 games  
Ah I see - that's a sound clip from the background music. Rahzel samples a lot of old school movies in his soundtrack songs and this is one of them.

Similar to "there goes my heart" on that one SSX song.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Razale - Announcer for first 2 games  
That can't be from the music since those clips play when the music is turned off. Some of Kelecat's videos don't have music but do have those clips.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:23 pm  Post subject: Re: Razale - Announcer for first 2 games  
goody_fyre11 wrote:
That can't be from the music since those clips play when the music is turned off. Some of Kelecat's videos don't have music but do have those clips.

You can hear the music in the video. It will fade out on big jumps but comes back in when he lands them. Those quotes are part of the tracks where he's doing really well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:51 am  Post subject: Re: Razale - Announcer for first 2 games  
PSN: jonipooon
I'd like to see Rahzel return as an announcer for the SSX series.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]