Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:45 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:16 pm  Post subject: Fun facts regarding SSX and Tricky VAs  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
so, i'm a wrestling fan. after doing a bit of digging recently, i found out that david arquette made a brief stint as a pro wreslter in the year 2000.

most people here know david arquette as the voice of eddie in ssx tricky. with that time frame, his pro wrestling stint must have ended shortly before he did the voice work for tricky, which released in 2001.

guess what his entrance music and theme song for wrestling was?

bif naked, also known for being the voice of zoe in tricky and 3. so, these two were likely at the very least aware of each other and tangentially connected before the game.

to make things even more interesting and connected to wrestling, guess who else is a voice actor in the original ssx

*legendary* wrestling interviewer and announcer gene okerlund

who can be heard as the SSX announcer in this video

as far as i can tell, he only announces for the merqury city meltdown course

he also did voice work for ea sports big's sledstorm in 2002

i found all of this pretty interesting, as ssx and wrestling are a couple of my top passions. seems as if they both go way back together. i couldn't find anything else noteworthy on this though.

hopefully anyone else finds this at least curious and worth reading!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:45 pm  Post subject: Re: Fun facts regarding SSX and Tricky VAs  
Wait, David Arquette tried pro wrestling??? :eek

:heh

Very interesting stuff. Always cool to know about weird behind-the-scenes connections like that. Thanks for sharing! :cheers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Fun facts regarding SSX and Tricky VAs  
David Arquette, a non-wrestler, suddenly winning the top WCW title in 2000 has been cited by wrestling commentators as being pivotal to the degradation of the title and the ultimate demise of WCW as a company.

welp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:34 pm  Post subject: Re: Fun facts regarding SSX and Tricky VAs  
wait

Quote:
In wrestling
Finishing and signature moves
Spear
Worm (High-impact elbow drop with theatrics)

AHAAHAHAHAA this is too perfect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:15 am  Post subject: Re: Fun facts regarding SSX and Tricky VAs  
oh damn good find

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Fun facts regarding SSX and Tricky VAs  
PSN: Uiabird
Luther also happens to sound exactly like his character Jimmy King from Ready to Rumble.

http://blip.tv/wrestlingwithwregret/ready-to-rumble-6848157 (A review of the said movie)

I'm too lazy to find a clip of Luther speaking, but they sound exactly alike.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]