Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:22 am  Post subject: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
PSN: SSX_Kromat83
I know most of us will be playing this game daily,
but will we determine an event, where we get
together online and try to beat each other scores
back and forth for a few hours, or do Custom Global
Events to race with people on the Friend List ?

Like it'll be called: Snowboarding Saturday Xtravaganza
After we're done the event, maybe we can see how
people placed, and what they beat that day.

P.S. We we schedule something, we'll get more people at one time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:33 am  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
PSN: MistressWiggle
I think if someone wanted to make a schedule this would be a very good idea.

With people in different time zones and not all people being around at the same time it might be beneficial to hold some sort of event on a weekend (possibly) at a certain time every week, this way if you wanted to play in one big group with plenty of other people you know what day and what time to be there, and if you miss out it's no big deal there's another one in X days time.

I think for just one on ones with friends obviously it can be organised via PM but a big Merq event should deffinitely have some organisation to it. :)

I'm sure once the game is released a thread will be made. But I'm all for it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:40 am  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
We would definitely need a calendar. And events, I think, would have to last more than a day or so. Maybe a week to accommodate all the time zones and various jobs and other daily life things.

Anyone know if we can actually name custom events? Cause then we could do something like Merqury City Event #1 or whatever.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:46 am  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
XBL: PaRtYR0ck3r
But we would have to schedule for xbl users and psn users. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:49 am  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
Attack Duck Owner
Someone could just make the same event on both consoles with the same settings and then we could have a master global event thread, no?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:49 am  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
I had thought about this too this weekend but then again I was waiting for the game to come out to further develop my ideas. We do have everything we need to set up Merq City events on a regular basis, with varying levels of rewards, etc, the game allows for this very easily, and it's just a great way to get everyone together and compete.

We just need to sort of know what kind of things we wanna do, etc. It's definitely a good idea and I'm all for it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:58 am  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
Attack Duck Owner
We could do:

Week 1: Race It on X course
Week 2: Trick it on X course
Week 3: Survive it on X course
Week 4: Race it....etc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
Good to bring this to everyone's attention, but
we should wait until March, when we know what
is certain and can be done with the event structure.

Would be nice to play with people we normally can't,
because of the time zones, like people mentioned before.

Here's a site to create brackets = http://challonge.com/
Having a Calender would be great to have on the main
site, and also work to get a Chat Room implemented
into the forum, like Chatango, or something else.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
Attack Duck Owner
Let's use this topic to toss out ideas and what not. Didn't someone post some sort of tournament website a while back?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
Quote:
Having a Calender would be great to have on the main
site,

I like this.

It's a good way to attract people's attention to the forum. It could be a simple box (as big as the Poll box for example) with a link to the corresponding thread of the event.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
From what i searched, there have been tournaments for the older games.

This implies to the new game, and it doesn't seem like we have a calendar at the moment, unless i haven't looked hard enough.

We could also suggest a Merqury City Youtube channel : SSX-Merqury_City
Where we can post news, updates, user videos, commentary and draw a bigger audience.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:42 pm  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
Attack Duck Owner
I'm 99% sure there's a merq youtube account somewhere...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
heres the teams idea
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9510

I do like the idea of doing something like this in general, plus with the friends list the server should give us preference about seeing each others characters if were close enough.

vix wrote:
I'm 99% sure there's a merq youtube account somewhere...

Didnt Joni start that? where is he anyway, a new uber monday vid starring Kaori is released and no Joni!!! - the worlds gone mad :lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
Thanks Yeti for the link, hope there's an EA system like Battlelog, where we can track other riders times, so we don't need all this effort to validate.

EA Sports, should create a system, where at the end of the race, it gives us an option to upload a picture of our times for that particular track. ( Wishful thinking )

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9510
my merqury city events that i was planning to set up.

pick it apart and use what ideas you want from it, but if nothing works out ill probably host this.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
PSN: duck_fin_soup
Love this idea! A calendar seems a very sensible idea, and if there's no limit to the number and size of events we can create, I don't see the problem with having trick, race and survival events running all at the same time. Be good to have them running over a 24 hour timeslot so everyone gets a go no matter their timezone. Weekend would be my preferance!

I'm new to this site (though something of an SSX Tricky vet from my uni days, if i do say so myself :glare ) so I've only just read Merq's score verification system. Be nice if there was an easy way to generate reports from the new game. The game should email a report of the all the competitor's scores to the registered email address of whoever created the event once it timesout. Obviously :D Does anyone have Batty's phone number? :no I'll make the call!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
XBL: Quicquidlibet
PSN: SpontaneousFish5 (Never use)
That sounds like a good idea! I'm new and I would probably join in at some point if I were allowed to, I want to play enough so I don't totally suck at first.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
we all are, unless we got those hardcore nuts.
I'll spend at least 2 weeks, before tackling the madness online.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:44 pm  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
XBL: PaRtYR0ck3r
I like the calender idea so, how about a Google calender on the site (or link to it). and a YouTube channel broadcast when we have the events. sadly my live will run out on the exact day this game is released. :dead
Also Xbox Live has the community play-date we could do that sometime to get more people into SSX.

Last edited by PaRtYR0ck3r on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
PSN: Equinoqs
I'm not sure what level of multiplayer will be possible in the game, but in theory this is a fantastic idea. If all of us are in an event then the phasing in & out shouldn't matter too much, because the person who replaces them will also be one of us (at least that's what I like to think).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
XBL: Quicquidlibet
PSN: SpontaneousFish5 (Never use)
I'll probably spend at the very least two weeks (Maybe a month) just perfecting my skills, then I'm going to take it online and see how bad I am against everyone else. Once the game comes out it could be worked out more.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:05 am  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
An event calender sounds like a fantastic idea to me, and is made so much easier by the way global events are set up. A lot of people are criticizing SSX's multiplayer for not being in a lobby style, but imagine how much of a mess that would be for this sort of thing...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:05 am  Post subject: Re: Are we going to have an SSX weekly event ?  
XBL: Hiki
The event idea is really good. People like the challenges :pimp and accept challenges...

This will also be a good idea to increase the players....

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ]